By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why do you hate the Wii?

double post

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
radishhead said:

Everyone hates the Wii - but there are many different reasons as to why this is the case. Of course, there are some people in denial about this fact, but hopefully we can turn them around. What are your personal reasons for hating this console?

Is it because it's a Nintendo console?

No, but Nintendo themselves are a reason

It has no games?

that I wanna play

Because it's two Gamecubes taped together?

more like one gamecube with motion controls

The 3rd parties told you to hate it?

3rd parties have never had anything to do with Nintendo's lack of core games

No DVD player?

never influenced my purchasing a games console

Because it's only played by grandmas and 10 year olds?

ehhhh

It made Nintendo a profit?

because you can play and enjoy profit right??? oh wait

Tell your reasons here, and Nintendo will almost certainly do the exact opposite for the release of the WiiU.

This thread doesn't represent my actual opinions on the Wii, nor do I assume that other people all hate the Wii. This was intended to be a comedic thread with a more serious overtone (ie. it does seem that there are groups of people that are against the Wii, mainly for one of the above reasons), although I appreciate that the majority of the members on this site are well-informed, and are not likely to "hate" any console without good reason - if any console at all. For the purpose of the thread however, [please go along with the joke, and claim that you hate the Wii; after all, Nintendo does seem to be taking the opposite route for the WiiU. Whether this will be beneficial for Nintendo or not is yet to be seen.

I hate the wii because Nintendo hates me simple as that

games look like shit
lack of support from Nintendo
wasn't based of a gimmick (motion sensing is not the future of gaming)
I own a wii so it's ok for me to say that :)

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

i actually love the wii >_> i just despise fanboys.

dark_gh0st_b0y said:

it's the same case with Justin Bieber, they hate it because it's too popular

and not just because it's too successful, also because it's too different from their tastes, in this case people who hate motion controls and older graphics

if it's wasn't successful they would just ignore it, but since it's successful, they hate it

AND THAT IS THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER

my god, you really did not just compare justin beiber to Nintendo x_x;

Around the Network

because its weak

Every time I say something bad about a console my post gets deleted and I get banned.

Am I allowed to here?

Anyhoo....

I would swear their target market is 8yr olds.

Too many rainbows, clouds and kiddie characters for me as an adult.

If you like that thing, more power to you, but I cant ever imagine playing Mario Cart over say, Forza, or Zelda over something like Skyrim.

I actually played a few games on it, and liked the motion controlls, so it wasnt that. Its just the overall childness of the system that bugs me. I dont play with blocks or Nintendo.

wabitxxx said:
because its wiik

Fixed

dahuman said:
brendude13 said:
Reasons why I dislike Wii:

Overpriced (well it was a year ago)
Severely underpowered
Limited controls
Lack of good 3rd party games
Lack of software features (online, movie player etc.)
Same old franchises that have barely changed or innovated

Reasons why I dislike Nintendo:

All of their products have stupidly high profit margins
Marketing their products towards families, casual gamers and people who don't know any better
Alienating hardcore gamers
Franchise milking

...Yet I still want to buy a Wii, mainly for the Gamecube backwards compatibility but also for the Wii games.

It has at least the same amount of controls as the HD consoles....... You plug your stuff into the wiimote, unless you are using cube pads.

Don't get me wrong, it works just as well for some games. Hell, for RE4 it worked better.

...But try playing Call of Duty with a Wiimote and tell me it doesn't feel awkward, there are too many inaccessable buttons and a lack of a second analogue stick.

The control scheme is one of the main reasons why you don't see SD ports of big HD games on the PS3 and Xbox 360.

chapset said:
games look like shit
lack of support from Nintendo
was based of a gimmick (motion sensing is not the future of gaming)
I own a wii so it's ok for me to say that :)

Be careful, I was banned for 40 days for saying the exact same thing.