By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why do you hate the Wii?

Everyone hates the Wii - but there are many different reasons as to why this is the case. Of course, there are some people in denial about this fact, but hopefully we can turn them around. What are your personal reasons for hating this console?

Is it because it's a Nintendo console?

It has no games?

Because it's two Gamecubes taped together?

The 3rd parties told you to hate it?

No DVD player?

Because it's only played by grandmas and 10 year olds?

It made Nintendo a profit?

Tell your reasons here, and Nintendo will almost certainly do the exact opposite for the release of the WiiU.

This thread doesn't represent my actual opinions on the Wii, nor do I assume that other people all hate the Wii. This was intended to be a comedic thread with a more serious overtone (ie. it does seem that there are groups of people that are against the Wii, mainly for one of the above reasons), although I appreciate that the majority of the members on this site are well-informed, and are not likely to "hate" any console without good reason - if any console at all. For the purpose of the thread however, [please go along with the joke, and claim that you hate the Wii; after all, Nintendo does seem to be taking the opposite route for the WiiU. Whether this will be beneficial for Nintendo or not is yet to be seen.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

I don't hate the Wii, I just decided to make a choice and pick one console and the PS3 had many more options that appealed to me, so my opinion may not be relevent. I did just buy a NES though.

I've heard reasons like "it's graphics suck" from people irl

Some people on here hate it cuz it's so successful

haha has no games thats a good one!

i love the Wii but i think most people hate it because it was successful and that it introduced motion to the controls. people hate change and because of the Wii, motion controllers will now be a standard in the industry.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I only hated it because it's early success put us in danger of industry changing direction to motion controls and casual showelware as lead products ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

I hate it because they keep putting out Mario and Zelda games and I keep buying them. Then my wife keeps asking me when will I ever grow up :)

WII Code: 1732 3363 1704 6441

I hate it because it makes me broke and people wonder if I'm poor and steal my games

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I more dislike Nintendo's decisions this generation.

Right when three awesome games were announced - Xenoblade, TLS, and Pandora's Tower - I got really excited that Nintendo was putting some effort into new IP hardcore games. All of the sudden, NoA does not want to release them. I did homebrew my Wii so I can import the games coming out in Europe.

I just don't like how Nintendo disregarded its inner circle of fans this generation. It's going to bite them and it already is recently. Even if releasing the three games isn't going to bring in the major profits like Mario Kart or Wii Fit, appeasing your fans that promote your company is still very important.

No, I'm not one of those "hardcore" gamers that can only play games like COD or Halo. Actually, I hate those games. But when Nintendo is withholding the games I do like (as mentioned in the paragraph above) - then I do have the right to criticize them.

Some of the Nintendo fans on this site have bugged me compared to other places I've been (eg. Operation Rainfall). Many act like victims, but don't mind dishing it out for Sony at every chance they get. The whole "everyone is in a giant conspiracy against Nintendo" gets a bit tiring once in a while. I don't think that many third parties will ignore them without something coming from Nintendo's side. Nintendo isn't completely innocent while the third parties are evil like many seem to claim.

Lastly, I think Nintendo focused more on the innovations rather than the content. Innovations go only so far. For me, it's the games that define the console and what I remember from it. My two favorite consoles - SNES and PS1 - were lacking in the innovation department - but the games defined them for me.

I am a Nintendo fan, but I don't support every move they make just because they are Nintendo. Same with any other corporation. Same thing goes for Sony.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

FinalEvangelion said:
I more dislike Nintendo's decisions this generation.

Right when three awesome games were announced - Xenoblade, TLS, and Pandora's Tower - I got really excited that Nintendo was putting some effort into new IP hardcore games. All of the sudden, NoA does not want to release them. I did homebrew my Wii so I can import the games coming out in Europe.

I just don't like how Nintendo disregarded its inner circle of fans this generation. It's going to bite them and it already is recently. Even if releasing the three games isn't going to bring in the major profits like Mario Kart or Wii Fit, appeasing your fans that promote your company is still very important.

No, I'm not one of those "hardcore" gamers that can only play games like COD or Halo. Actually, I hate those games. But when Nintendo is withholding the games I do like (as mentioned in the paragraph above) - then I do have the right to criticize them.

Some of the Nintendo fans on this site have bugged me compared to other places I've been (eg. Operation Rainfall). Many act like victims, but don't mind dishing it out for Sony at every chance they get. The whole "everyone is in a giant conspiracy against Nintendo" gets a bit tiring once in a while. I don't think that many third parties will ignore them without something coming from Nintendo's side. Nintendo isn't completely innocent while the third parties are evil like many seem to claim.

Lastly, I think Nintendo focused more on the innovations rather than the content. Innovations go only so far. For me, it's the games that define the console and what I remember from it. My two favorite consoles - SNES and PS1 - were lacking in the innovation department - but the games defined them for me.

I am a Nintendo fan, but I don't support every move they make just because they are Nintendo. Same with any other corporation. Same thing goes for Sony.

The generation is not over yet and they can still release the games. They have to fill in the gaps some how.

I agree that Nintendo has made mistakes but who doesn’t? The important thing is that they have learned from it and things like online and other stuff will change next gen.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Reasons why I dislike Wii:

Overpriced (well it was a year ago)
Severely underpowered
Limited controls
Lack of good 3rd party games
Lack of software features (online, movie player etc.)
Same old franchises that have barely changed or innovated

Reasons why I dislike Nintendo:

All of their products have stupidly high profit margins
Marketing their products towards families, casual gamers and people who don't know any better
Alienating hardcore gamers
Franchise milking

...Yet I still want to buy a Wii, mainly for the Gamecube backwards compatibility but also for the Wii games.