By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

GTAIV is going to destroy Brawl's sales, this is absurd. Nintendomination = LOL. Dominate all they like, still not outselling GTAIV.

Around the Network

Brawl will easiely beat PS3's GTAIV but won't beat 360's. Combined no way in hell.

This thread reminds me of the Nibris/Sadness thread that was on here months ago. I kept trying to tell people that the people behind Nibris were full of sh*t and I presented proof to back it up and still people didn't want to believe it. Now I presented proof (previous sales in the series, GTA is simply a bigger series period) and still people don't want to believe.

If this had been the opposite situation and it was SSBM that had  sold 17+ million and GTA: San Andreas at 6.58 million combined sales the Nintendo fanboys would be laughing their asses of at anyone claiming GTAIV was going to outsell SSBB. 

As I've said before it's the casuals that are responsible for the Wii's success and a hardcore game like this isn't going to be the type of game that grandmas, soccer moms, or any of the other casuals will picked up.

Anyways after the first 3 months when Grand Theft Auto IV has set records and it becomes very obvious that SSBB will never catch up to it I'm going to bring up this thread and rub it in to everyone that refused to look at the numbers and be realistic.

jhlennon1 said:
GTAIV is going to destroy Brawl's sales, this is absurd. Nintendomination = LOL. Dominate all they like, still not outselling GTAIV.

Lightning will be surprised. U supoose you'll make a ban be out of it?

Legend11 said:

This thread reminds me of the Nibris/Sadness thread that was on here months ago. I kept trying to tell people that the people behind Nibris were full of sh*t and I presented proof to back it up and still people didn't want to believe it. Now I presented proof (previous sales in the series, GTA is simply a bigger series period) and still people don't want to believe it and provide absolutely of any instead use things like "Believe!".

After the first 3 months when Grand Theft Auto IV has set records and it becomes obvious that SSBB will never catch up to it I'm going to bring up this thread and rub it in to everyone that refused to look at the numbers and be realistic.

As I've said before it's the casuals that are responsible for the Wii's success and a hardcore game like this isn't going to be the type of game that grandmas, soccor moms, or many of the other casuals will pick up. Anyone who thinks that the game is going to sell 2 or 3 times as many as the previous game are only kidding themselves.

I agree almost entirely. However, I think that SSB is reasonably casual and will sell significantly more than the previous version. That said GTA IV should be huge and still outsell it.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 
Around the Network

I'm picking Brawl on a whim...it's more likely that GTA will outsell it, but bets aren't fun if you go for the typical winner.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

So let's see, Smash Brothers TOTAL sales (N64+GC) = 12.13

PS2 sales only:

GTA3 : 11.6
GTA Vice City: 14.20
GTA San Andreas: 15.16

I think that about sums it up.

RolStoppable said:
albionus said:
@Rol, when does a lifetime sales bet come due? You're not planning on posting here well into your retirement years are you?

That's a good point you have there.

After at most two years of both games being on the market it should be possible to draw a clear conclusion which of the games is going to end up with higher lifetime sales. So once it can be said for certain which game is going to sell more in the end, the bet comes due.

well since legend11 only wants to make 6/8 month bets with you, I'll take you up on this. I bet whatever you like that GTAIV (both platforms) outsells SSBB lifetime. Basically to call in the bet, one game has to have higher sales and be consistently outselling the other.

No ban bets, however, ban bets are stupid. And I wouldn't want you banned ;) 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

hmm this is an interesting topic, on one hand you have Brawl which Melee was the best selling game on the GC but is now on the lead console and has constant major hype which for the most part is generated by its own one little site or people themselves. Then you get the percent of titles sold per console, IE 30% of GameCube (21.5mil) owners bought Melee (6.58mil), and try to do that with Wii (I used 19 million to be forgiving) at this moment would be about 5.7 million units of Brawl.

Then you have GTA4, which has always had great sales and is going to be on multiple consoles, but until right before Christmas the talk about the game almost completely died, at least from the people I know, the forums I see, and the statistics on gaming sites like IGN shown a big drop off of searches for GTA4 at one point and hasn't got quite back up to where it was, then thinking in terms of in the past GTA was on the PS2 where you have 115 million units out there and 15 million GTA SA units sold so about 13% of PS2 owners bought it, which would tally up to 2 million units of GTA4 on 360, and about 1 million on PS3, so 3 million together.

I think it will probably be neck and neck out of the starting gate, but it will be up to the initial buyers of both games that will stir up the longevity of them, which going for that record I would have to go with Brawl in the end, people seen GTA they know what it is and what its about doesn't seem to have changed the formula just added to it, Brawl is changing things up and from the look of it for the better, then add the fact that its a great multiplayer experience, just gotta give the nod to Brawl, it is going to be a close one, and I hope people buy both, but if you're like me one sandbox is enough to play with =P

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Game Over! said:
GTA IV. Remember that it will be published on 3 platforms. THREE DIFFERENT PLATFORMS. The PC port will be released 1 year later than the 360/PS3 versions 

If SSBB also get another port, like the unexpected (?!) GTA IV PC version, then this competition will be very equal, especially if it will be the DS. But GTA IV will still beat it! You just can't claim that the PS3 and the 360 with a weak support from the PC all together are inferior to Wii with a strong support from the DS.

GTA IV will probably be both a PS3-bestseller and a 360-bestseller, but SSBB WON'T be a Wii-bestseller. It won't even be close to any of the three best Wii franchise games. It will easily outsell Wii Music, Wii Chess and Wii MotorSports, but not Wii Sports (ofc.), Wii Play (also ofc.) or Wii Fit (another ofc.). SSBB will be on the same level as the entire Assassins Creed franchise.

View also: Will the Assassins Creed franchise sell 10M WW (all systems combined) LTD?

You should enjoy it. It's both nearly impossible and highly possible!

View also: Have anyone heard something about Wii Chess???

As I've seen it, no one has! YET!