By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix: Final Fantasy may become an action-RPG franchise

What do you think of this?

Good idea 26 22.22%

Bad idea 46 39.32%

Depends 38 32.48%

See results 7 5.98%

Total:117

I would play it if done right

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network
Mad55 said:
Xxain said:
I have to point something out... lot of ignore in this thread. Action RPGS are not progressive/Evolution of turned based RPGS. They are different styles of RPGS... so because Tekken/Soul Calibur spear headed 3D fighters I guess thats mean 2D fighters shouldn't xxist anymore right?

Thats not what im saying. Though only modifiying the turnbased systems of ff4-10 over and over will not keep people interested in my opinion. ff13 was a step in the right direction it just needs fine tuning and versus looks good so far so i say we see what they do.

Pokemon

Dragonquest

Tales

Star Ocean

Persona

ext

all have modified combat systems based on the original with no issue(other than comestics)

I wouldn't mind too much, but whatever implemented has better be worth the change. The FF battle systems have always been pretty engaging and well done, I don't necessarily see the need to change it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Okay, really?
Go BACK, Square, go back to the deep turn based system, add a fun and clever twist, go back to the medieval setting, go back to the world destruction story, kill the beautiful characters, let us cast flare, firaga, cura, earthquake.

Go back, when you understand that, that will be the key to success.

Why is it so hard to just make another FF7/8/10 ? Is it THAT hard to just write a similar (not directly, but off similar) adventure? It would easily be a smash hit and sell millions.

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

Around the Network

as long as it doesn't have auto-battle like in ffxiii, and possibly xiii-2. i think it'll be ok..

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

So in 5 years Ff won't be nothing more then hack'n slash?

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

I actually think that they should take that direction, then again i'm not a JRPG fan. I must say i thought that FF13 was too monotonous, and the whole gameplay felt old and outdated. And I think many feel that way too

Xxain said:
Mad55 said:
Xxain said:
I have to point something out... lot of ignore in this thread. Action RPGS are not progressive/Evolution of turned based RPGS. They are different styles of RPGS... so because Tekken/Soul Calibur spear headed 3D fighters I guess thats mean 2D fighters shouldn't xxist anymore right?

Thats not what im saying. Though only modifiying the turnbased systems of ff4-10 over and over will not keep people interested in my opinion. ff13 was a step in the right direction it just needs fine tuning and versus looks good so far so i say we see what they do.

Pokemon

Dragonquest

Tales

Star Ocean

Persona

ext

all have modified combat systems based on the original with no issue(other than comestics)

Man all those have different directions for me to speak about but im to lazy. But I will say that if the developers are getting tired of the system why not make a new. If you were a designer would you want to keep doing it the way the nostalgic fans want i see comments all the time "give me ff4-9 battle system and im happy" and thats crazy. tales and personas battle systems changed much more than ff has to me (exclding ff12 and 13) over the years. Would a real time system be so bad though? I mean it fits the series more than not anyway these days.

Mad55 said:
Xxain said:
Mad55 said:
Xxain said:

Pokemon

Dragonquest

Tales

Star Ocean

Persona

ext

Man all those have different directions for me to speak about but im to lazy. But I will say that if the developers are getting tired of the system why not make a new. If you were a designer would you want to keep doing it the way the nostalgic fans want i see comments all the time "give me ff4-9 battle system and im happy" and thats crazy. tales and personas battle systems changed much more than ff has to me (exclding ff12 and 13) over the years. Would a real time system be so bad though? I mean it fits the series more than not anyway these days.

broke post