By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Saints Row: The Third PS3 exclusive mode missing, Broken E3 promises continue

Aprisaiden said:
This is probably connected to Microsoft policy of identical / day-and-date content being extended to middle tier publishers like THQ. I wonder what will happen if SONY take up a similar policy, since that would work just as well for them, only really EA, Activision-Blizzard and Ubisoft are big enough to actually fight such a policy.

(The Battlefield content change was due to EA/SONY since they are too big to be influenced this much by Microsoft)

Overall i would say i am not liking Microsoft's policy at the moment since it only effects one system, though if it becomes standard across all systems it might just end up benefiting gamers (the idea of games being different depending on what platform you buy it on is kinda scary, i already dislike discrepancies with DLC release dates....)

i was thinking the same thing

and maybe Sony should do that 3 game policy thing that microsoft does(if a developer wants to makes a game on 360 they have to atleast bring 2 other games as well)

but basically every game is already made for PlayStation so idk

Around the Network

I'm cool with that. I'm getting the 360 version tomorrow. SR1 was one of the best reasons to own a 360, back in the day. 360 fans made it a huge hit. Why hurt the loyal users who've bought the series since day 1 or cut content for the biggest userbase in their biggest market?

I'm glad they broke their promise but it would have been better if they didn't make promises they couldn't keep.

And where's my Saints Row 3DS game they promised?

-okay. They didn't promise but somebody said they promised so that's good enough for me.

hihi.. "Whored Mode".. can't stop giggeling..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Hmm, I wonder why.

Around the Network

A lot of speculation, but no solid evidence to back anything up. It just seems someone needs to be blamed, so why not MS.

MrBubbles said:
Persistantthug said:
MrBubbles said:
some of you people are stupid. microsoft just cant magically change other peoples contracts and agreements.

You're not following, MrBubbles.

What Microsoft can do, is threaten to not allow said title on their console.

That threat in and of itself can, and likely will, inspire removal of exclusive content.

because that would make the dev break an agreement and open themselves to lawsuit from sony and sony would just sit quietly and not make a huge deal out of it.

You're assuming that these little content exclusive agreements are concrete, ironclad, YOU BETTER DO IT OR ELSE, type agreements.  That's very doubtful, MrBubbles.

The only reason developers do these types of things in the first place is because Sony incentivises them extra...and those incentives, as I'm told, are usually on the back end.  Meaning, Sony will charge them a lessor royalty/licence fee.

So in other words.....No extras = no extra royalty incentive....easy come, easy go.   No muss, no fuss.

That's how these small little agreements work MrBubbles......emphasis on the word small, and for a good reason.

we don't know what happened so its obviously ms's fault...

Anyway even if it does turn out to be true, then its just microsoft protecting its customer's interest

Sony needs to take a similar stance. Console exclusive dlc is stupid if the game is the same on both consoles and microsoft is trying to make sure its customers get the full version of a game.

Saints Row is about bad people doing bad things like lying, cheating, and stealing. Consider this lie as a bonus to get you in the mood for the game.

RolStoppable said:
Sounds like Sony is out of money for this kind of thing. Which is understandable, considering the exchange rates that will only get worse.

Except that,

Sony almost never pays cash for stuff like this.