By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Saints Row: The Third PS3 exclusive mode missing, Broken E3 promises continue

What I see in this thread is. Jumping on the gun.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
ppl got to stop saying its m$'s fault, unless something with proof actually comes out saying this. then its not m$'s fault at all.....

I'm not going to come off very well defending SONY in one post and criticising Microsoft in another am I? ...I'll do it anyway.

A few weeks ago, something came out about Microsoft's policies, I'm not sure how it came about or who mentioned it but Microsoft has a policy where if a multiplatform game has any extra or exclusive content on another platform then they will refuse to have the game on their system. It's a very dickish and hypocritical move in my opinion, and many people were wondering how long it was before all the PS3 extra content confirmed at E3 would dissapear. Considering that tonnes of exclusive content has just dissapeared, people are just putting two and two together.

Is there a source or a link to that, or is it just something that someone on the forums claimed? I am curious because I would like to read about it. As for it being dickish; I don't really see why. They are looking out for their assets and their customers. Not sure why it is hypocritical either, is this in regards to something they stated?

Sony's policy about not allowing a game to release on their console at a later date without additional content is not too different in context. Someone will feel like they were taken advantage of.

Capulous said:
brendude13 said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
ppl got to stop saying its m$'s fault, unless something with proof actually comes out saying this. then its not m$'s fault at all.....

I'm not going to come off very well defending SONY in one post and criticising Microsoft in another am I? ...I'll do it anyway.

A few weeks ago, something came out about Microsoft's policies, I'm not sure how it came about or who mentioned it but Microsoft has a policy where if a multiplatform game has any extra or exclusive content on another platform then they will refuse to have the game on their system. It's a very dickish and hypocritical move in my opinion, and many people were wondering how long it was before all the PS3 extra content confirmed at E3 would dissapear. Considering that tonnes of exclusive content has just dissapeared, people are just putting two and two together.

Is there a source or a link to that, or is it just something that someone on the forums claimed? I am curious because I would like to read about it. As for it being dickish; I don't really see why. They are looking out for their assets and their customers. Not sure why it is hypocritical either, is this in regards to something they stated?

Sony's policy about not allowing a game to release on their console at a later date without additional content is not too different in context. Someone will feel like they were taken advantage of.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112562-Microsoft-Doesnt-Want-Sonys-Sloppy-Seconds

Then SONY reacted...

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/03/sony-publishers-are-getting-the-living-crap-kicked-out-of-them/

I think it's dickish if they didn't allow the original Assassin's Creed to be included with Revelations or similar content. And it's hypocritical because all Microsoft have done this gen is throw money at devs to lock down exclusive content.

As for SONY's policy, I wasn't aware of that. You are right, it's similar but it's also a lot tamer than Microsoft's policy. If the game has already released on another platform then the exclusive content will just be an incentive to buy the game and boost sales. Most importantly, SONY aren't breaking their own policies and dictating what developers can do.

Damned Microsoft fuck them! Now PS3 SRTT owners get SR2 for free!

Lostplanet22 said:
Damned Microsoft fuck them! Now PS3 SRTT owners get SR2 for free!

This is outrageous, Microsoft need to suffer for this!