By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2011 Discussion Thread

MRKs said:
Nice choices everyone, Banjo Tooie was fantastic, but I didn't get to my best 50. I really want to try Alan Wake but i don't have an Xbox, I heard mixed thing from that game but anyway seems really interesting.

I updated my choices:

#43: Katamary Damacy Series(PS2): What can I say about these games? They are incredible fun and bizarre. Charming characters, great soundtrack and that feeling of power when suddenly you are the same size as a Giant Octopus

#42: Megaman X - X-4(Snes/PSX): When I was a kid, I loved Megaman with all my heart, the Megaman X series were a blast and I spent a lot of time getting the capsules of Dr.Light and killing every maverick on the game. Weird case is, I never beat any of them but X4, but even considering that, those games are the best of the megaman series.Period

#41: Zombies ate my neighbours(SNES) (probably a Typo on the name) : Local Co-Op? Monsters from B-Movies? Funny Pre-Level statements? Count me in!.

Man, to anyone who didn't played the game, i recommend to start playing right now. It's one of the best SNES game, altough it's VERY hard and kind of frustrating, it has a lot of charm and cool gameplay mechanics.

#40: Clock Tower (SNES): While some may argue this game is not the first survival horror, nobody would argue this game is effin scary. There is something on being a little helpless girld being chased by psychopaths and having multiple (and bad) endings. This game is a true jewel for survival horror fans.

ARE YOU PSYCHIC!?  Megaman X collection is on my official list and Zombies Ate my Neighbours is juuuuuust outside of my top 50!  KUDOS! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

41 - Guitar Hero 2 (PS2, 360)

I didn't like Rythm games before the original Guitar Hero came out. I thought DDR was silly and had no interest in it. While Guitar Hero proved to me that pressing buttons and strumming on the clicky strumbar of a fake plastic guitar could be loads of fun, Guitar Hero 2 proved to me that there was an enormous wealth of amazingly fun songs to play, many of which I'd never heard of. If it wasn't for Guitar Hero 2, I'd never have fallen in love with bands like Rush and Megadeth (two of my favorite bands), and I would never have gained the respect deserved for bands like Guns n Roses. The genre has continued to introduce me to some amazing musical acts throughout the ages, and while Guitar Hero has never been as good as it was when it was helmed by Harmonix, I continue to learn about all kinds of music through the series, which peaked with 2.

40 - Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1, PSP)

The only game on my list I've never beaten, but damn was it ever an epic quest. It may have been hard as hell, but I could sit there for days fighting battles, discovering characters like Cloud and Robo, and unlocking all sorts of items. I personally prefer the PSP version, but it will always be a PS1 game in my heart. Hell, I love this game so much I convinced my friend (who was much better at it than me) to finish it while I watched so I could see the ending. The story, gameplay, and versatility of the game is unmatched in the other Final Fantasy games, and as you're about to find out I loves me some Final Fantasy. It's only this low on my list because it's harder than nipples on a blind lesbian in a fishmarket.

Getting to better games. so far this list has mostly been stuff that basically could be switched around. I have official scores for these games/series (I'd be glad to post them at the end of the year), but this admittely isn't as fun as my own style of game listing (I have groups of games I bundle together for convenience's sake)

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

1. Assassins Creed Revelations
2. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
3. The Witcher 2
4. Fifa 12
5. Saints Row: The Third

39: Krushi (Intelligent Qube to you N/Aers)

funny advert for the game http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=Ca7334RiITY

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

#39 Portal played on PC, released 2007

If you haven't played this yet, what's your excuse? An excellent fpp, first person puzzler. Great humor, great puzzles, and an excellent ending with a satisfying boss fight against one of the best new villains in recent history GlaDOS. Plus it gave us one of the most memorable songs in video game history.
Experimenting with portals was great fun, for example creating a loop to accelerate the companion cube and launch it accross the levels. Or do the same with yourself. Together with Mirror's edge Portal showed that a first person perspective can have a place outside shooters.

List

Around the Network

39. Beneath a Steel Sky

I played this game when it was released as freeware almost a decade ago (it's still available for free as far as I know), it's a classic point and click adventure game set in a dystopian future after the Earth has been contaminated by nuclear fallout/pollution. You play as Robert Foster, who was seemingly orphaned after a plane crash and then raised by Indigenous Australians in the Australian Outback, which is referred to as 'The Gap' in the game, but are then captured and taken to the city, where another crash leaves you free to attempt an escape. You're aided by your small robot sidekick whose personality can be transferred between different devices whenever you need to. If you're a fan of these kind of games and you've never played it, it might be worth checking it out.

VGChartz

Runa216 said:

ARE YOU PSYCHIC!?  Megaman X collection is on my official list and Zombies Ate my Neighbours is juuuuuust outside of my top 50!  KUDOS! 

Yeah! *Highs Five

Btw, FF Tactics is on my official list but on a higher place. That game is simple amazing I beat it like 10 times (Even withouth understanding the story) xD

@milkyjoe 

I remember seeing that game on a games magazine, It picked my interest but never got the chance to play it. I will add it to my "Must play" list. Thanks ;)

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

39 - Metal Gear Solid (ps1)

I played this really late on PSN, but I can imagine this being one of the better games in the ps1 era.

I need to catch up soon. I'm 3 games behind.

Signature goes here!

Machina said:

#42 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)

This probably won't be on my list by the end of the generation. I think the Uncharted games, like a lot of the most popular franchises on the HD consoles nowadays, are very much 'of their time' and won't hold up well in future generations - by then the things it does well (graphics, varied settings, set-pieces, personality and characterisation, and fluid character movements) will be standard in every action/adventure game, and its shallowness in the gameplay department will stand out like a sore thumb, but right now it does manage to make it into my top 50.

You placed Uncharted 2 in the exact same position as me. I have to update, I'm back like 4 games, but #42 for me is also Uncharted 2.

However it will stay on my list during this gen, I don't agree with you, there isn't much better then this comming out on this gen still. Mass Effect 3, Last Guardian, and maybe Halo 4 or Tales of Xillia, but that's it.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results