By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2011 Discussion Thread

TruckOSaurus said:
Runa216 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

#41. Rock Band (PS3)

I totally bought into the rhythm game "fad". I bought two guitars, Guitar Hero I, II, III, even Guitar Hero 80s (which totally sucked!) and my last purchase in that genre was Rock Band. Not because I stop playing these games (I do play less) but because after buying that game I didn't need all the others. Most of the time I play this game with my boyfriend who likes to sing and play drums while I like to play base and guitar. The reason Rock Band is my go to rhythm game is because of the DLC. I now have more DLC songs than "on disc" songs which means the tracklist really kicks ass and the game really feels like having my personal band.

You should pick up Rock Band 3, it's only 20 bucks, and exporting Rock Band 1 songs to it is a mere 5 dollars! 

I might check it out... what's new apart from the tracklist?

Well, there's a whole new keyboard attachment (which you can play on guitar), so there's a new instrument.  there's pro guitar (you have to buy a special guitar to play it, but it actually teaches you real guitar), drums are upgraded, and if you got a rock band 2 drumkit it becomes a full 7-piece drumkit, and TONNES of new DLC, including this gem:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fndzbtAhEWc

Not to mention the RBN, where normal folks can upload songs for people to buy.  Lots of advancements since the original. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

#40 Baldurs gate dark alliance played on PS2, released 2001

This is how you do spin offs. A great action RPG that is awesome to play onscreen couch co-op. The interface was perfectly tuned for the game, something that seems to be an afterthought nowadays.
The game was technically impressive too, rendering at double resolution internally and scaling it down to get FSAA. The real time rendering of ripples in water was a first in games and fun to play with on its own.
The gameplay is engrossing from beginning to end. The best co-op experience for me last gen. Dark alliance 2 was excellent too, as well as as well as Champions of Norrath, a spin-off of Everquest.
There are a few of these games available this gen as well but none of them get onscreen co-op right quite as well as these did.

List

40. Alan Wake (X360)

This game really surprised me. Sure, it has its' flaws here and there, but the overall experience is just great.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Hey, really sorry for not posting yet. For the last fortnight or so, I've had a fuckload of university assignments and reading to do, so I haven't had much free time (and what free time I've had was spent finishing Xenoblade Chronicles before Zelda came out).

I've just compiled my top 50, I'll leave it a couple of hours and come back to it and check through it again, possibly revising it. Expect me to start my countdown within the next 48 hours.

40. Banjo-Tooie (N64)

This is the second Rare game from their golden era on my list, and it won't be the last. After defeating Gruntilda in the first game and leaving her buried under a boulder, her two sisters arrive to dig her up and set about gaining revenge. My memories of this game are a little hazy given it's been a decade since I last played it, but I can remember enough to know that I loved it at the time. I wouldn't go quite as far as those crazy types that rank this game and its predecessor above Mario 64 though.

VGChartz

Around the Network

I have updated my list in the time between Skyward Sword playthroughs.

42 - PC - Grand theft Auto Vice City (Rockstar)
41 - GC - Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (Nintendo)
40 - Wii - SSX: Blur (EA Sports)

Nice choices everyone, Banjo Tooie was fantastic, but I didn't get to my best 50. I really want to try Alan Wake but i don't have an Xbox, I heard mixed thing from that game but anyway seems really interesting.

I updated my choices:

#43: Katamary Damacy Series(PS2): What can I say about these games? They are incredible fun and bizarre. Charming characters, great soundtrack and that feeling of power when suddenly you are the same size as a Giant Octopus

#42: Megaman X - X-4(Snes/PSX): When I was a kid, I loved Megaman with all my heart, the Megaman X series were a blast and I spent a lot of time getting the capsules of Dr.Light and killing every maverick on the game. Weird case is, I never beat any of them but X4, but even considering that, those games are the best of the megaman series.Period

#41: Zombies ate my neighbours(SNES) (probably a Typo on the name) : Local Co-Op? Monsters from B-Movies? Funny Pre-Level statements? Count me in!.

Man, to anyone who didn't played the game, i recommend to start playing right now. It's one of the best SNES game, altough it's VERY hard and kind of frustrating, it has a lot of charm and cool gameplay mechanics.

#40: Clock Tower (SNES): While some may argue this game is not the first survival horror, nobody would argue this game is effin scary. There is something on being a little helpless girld being chased by psychopaths and having multiple (and bad) endings. This game is a true jewel for survival horror fans.

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

40 - Shadow of the Colossus

Machina said:
Ajescent said:

40: Future Cop LAPD PSOne/PC

That video brings back memories xD

Summary of the whole game.

"Hover-Tanks, Turrets, points, crying, beautiful!"

:D

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Machina said:

#40 - Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

Hmm, feels quite low, but when I compare it to the other games on my list it doesn't bring on the wave of nostalgia that quite of lot of them do, even if it is objectively much better. My favourite Mario game this gen is actually a 2D one, but this is easily one of the best Ninty games I've played as well.

Nostalgia does sort of kill things with this, doesn't it? I know the Pokemon games on my list are almost exactly in opposite order against how good they are objectively (except that Gold and Silver are ahead of RBY)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.