By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2011 Discussion Thread

Runa216 said:
Ajescent said:
I placed Kingdom Hearts at #41....¬_¬

I had it at either 43 or 44 (whichever one on my list Megaman 9 is), but decided that I only liked the series as a collective, not as an individual game. that said, Kingdom Hearts 2 is on my list to fill that void :P 

I prefered KH1 to 2, I know you liked it because of the skip button but for me, the game was kinda broken and became too easy O.o

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

41. Donkey Kong Country Returns

The original DKC games were responsible for some of my best memories of the SNES, so after 14 long years without any new entry in the series, I was delighted when Nintendo decided to bring the series back, and thankfully they brought it back in style. DKCR is as brilliant and yet also as frustrating as the originals were, where you rack up extra lives early on and then see them dwindle when you hit a minecart level that requires incredibly precise timing, but those levels never reach rage inducing frustration. It's also an incredibly beautiful game, with the silhouette levels being amongst the standouts. The only letdown is that occasionally a movement of the Wii remote may be misintepreted as an attempt to roll, and you'll see yourself roll off a platform to your death, but thankfully that's a fairly rare occurence in an otherwise fantastic experience.

VGChartz

Ajescent said:
Runa216 said:
Ajescent said:

I had it at either 43 or 44 (whichever one on my list Megaman 9 is), but decided that I only liked the series as a collective, not as an individual game. that said, Kingdom Hearts 2 is on my list to fill that void :P 

I prefered KH1 to 2, I know you liked it because of the skip button but for me, the game was kinda broken and became too easy O.o

What skip button?  I think you're thinking of someone else, because I've never skipped a cutscene in Kingdom Hearts.  No, I preferred #2 because it had deeper combat, in my opinion a better story, and just so very much more to do.  Plus it was fun, and context sensitive attacks were awesome.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

milkyjoe said:

41. Donkey Kong Country Returns

The original DKC games were responsible for some of my best memories of the SNES, so after 14 long years without any new entry in the series, I was delighted when Nintendo decided to bring the series back, and thankfully they brought it back in style. DKCR is as brilliant and yet also as frustrating as the originals were, where you rack up extra lives early on and then see them dwindle when you hit a minecart level that requires incredibly precise timing, but those levels never reach rage inducing frustration. It's also an incredibly beautiful game, with the silhouette levels being amongst the standouts. The only letdown is that occasionally a movement of the Wii remote may be misintepreted as an attempt to roll, and you'll see yourself roll off a platform to your death, but thankfully that's a fairly rare occurence in an otherwise fantastic experience.

You do realize that Donkey Kong 64 came out on the N64, right?  Sure, it as a joke, and an affront to the series, but it was there! (trust me though, I'm with you on pretending it didn't exist.)

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:

You do realize that Donkey Kong 64 came out on the N64, right?  Sure, it as a joke, and an affront to the series, but it was there! (trust me though, I'm with you on pretending it didn't exist.)

I think you're referring to "Collectathon: Let's Collect More Stuff 64", as I do not remember any "Donkey Kong 64"

Around the Network
Smeags said:
Runa216 said:

I think you're referring to "Collectathon: Let's Collect More Stuff 64", as I do not remember any "Donkey Kong 64"

oh right, sorry!  

But seriously, I tried playing it, and wow...Donkey King 64 is the reason I hate the N64, and it negatively influenced my opinion of Super Mario 64. Basically, I hated Mario 64 for turning the entire platformer genre into a collect-a-thon. Mario, Banjo, Donkey Kong, even Conker turned into a collect-a-thon. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:

I have the DK rap firmly locked away in my brain somewhere.

VGChartz

Ajescent said:
Runa216 said:
Ajescent said:

Same here. I found myself bored half-way through KH2.

Signature goes here!

41 is Pokemon Stadium 2, the only one of the Stadium-type games to make it onto my list

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

tagged so I have a way of finding the original thread.