By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2011 Discussion Thread

TruckOSaurus said:
Runa216 said:
46 - Final Fantasy (NES, PS1, GBA, PSP)

It may be simple, it may be relatively shallow, but Final Fantasy was a huge leap forward in the genre and to this day remains one of the most addicting games I've ever played. It's such an odd dichotomy because compared to other Final Fantasy games (I recently played this for the first time after beating XII) it's the simplest, most boring thing, yet I loved every second of it. Simple but effecting, I'd say! Two well-excercised thumbs up for this grand start!

It's also the most challenging Final Fantasy. I remember grinding to get the $4,000 sword before doing the crown dungeon. It was a very good game but having played it on NES, I still have nightmare about having to purchase potions one by one, each purchase requiring three button presses if my memory serves me right (talk to vendor, select the potion, select yes I wanna buy your damn potion).

I didn't f ind it that challenging at all!  then again, I got lucky, I played it on GBA usin the Dawn of Souls remake. Didn't find it hard, just addicting. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

50. Clock Tower (SNES, PS1)

IMO, a pinnacle in survival horror, you are just a defenseless little girl trying to survive in a creppy mansion.

The storyline is strong and the characters have pretty cool personality.

49. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All (DS)

While not as mindblowing as the other ones, this one introduced some nice mechanics, and a lot of new and interesting characters, not to mention a pretty impressive twist in the final chapter.

48. Metroid: Other M (Wii)

First, you should know this is the only Metroid game on my list.

Even if it had some issues, I really liked how they made the gameplay so fun and adicting.

47. Wario Land: Shake It! (Wii)

Maybe it was too simple, but this game had beutiful graphics and very tight gameplay, and to be honest, that is all what it takes to have a great game.

46. Monster Hunter Tri (Wii)

I spent over 300 hours with this particular game, if it wasn't for the daily screams of anger and frustration, this game could have gotten way higher.

morenoingrato said:

First, you should know this is the only Metroid game on my list.

Even if it had some issues, I really liked how they made the gameplay so fun and adicting.

I don't think you should keep doing your list. It's obviously wrong.

Signature goes here!

morenoingrato said:

IMO, a pinnacle in survival horror, you are just a defenseless little girl trying to survive in a creppy mansion.

The storyline is strong and the characters have pretty cool personality.

While not as mindblowing as the other ones, this one introduced some nice mechanics, and a lot of new and interesting characters, not to mention a pretty impressive twist in the final chapter.

Wow nice choices! Clock Tower was a great survival horror, some says it's the first one but I dunno. However you are completely defenseless and well it's a pretty scary game with multiple endings. The car ending was my favorite (I played only the SNES version because by the time i played the PSX the graphics were horrible xD)

And Ace attorney series is a blast to play, the cases are so addictive and the characters have so much charm. Both games are in my list but in a higher (or lower?) number :P

@TruckOfSaurus: Final Fight 3 is better than it's predeccesors because it has the same style but with combos and supper attacks and multiple paths, to me it's the best of the series :D

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

morenoingrato said:

47. Wario Land: Shake It! (Wii)

46. Monster Hunter Tri (Wii)

JFA is my favourite of the 3 that came to Wiiware, I got bored half way through Trials & Tribulations over a year ago and didn't pick up the story again until 2 days ago.

Around the Network

stupid college and your midterms I have to do. Anyway

#47. Portal 2 (PC/PS3) - I Love this game a lot but for some reason it barely cracked the top 50 list. I think that if I didn't have high expectations for this game that I would like this game a lot more. It met the expectations but I just think that the co-op just needed a little bit more. Great single player, enjoyable story and characters too. Need to play the dlc though, but I'll get around to it.

#46. The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (ds) - I love this zelda for some odd reason. I bought Phantom Hourglass expecting it to be like wind waker but was sadly dissapointed in that the story and ending were kinda crap. After getting this game for like $20 new at target (I remember when I get good deals) I played this non-stop for some odd reason for loving the train so much. It has one of my favorite tools in any zelda game (the sand wand) and it has the Spirit tower designed how the temple of the ocean king should have been. It's a great zelda game and very tranquil when riding the train. Great story too, definatly worth the $20.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

Machina said:
TruckOSaurus said:

He has one more in his list than I do, so... hmmm.

Yeah but at least you didn't put Other M above Super Metroid or Metroid Prime.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Machina said:
TruckOSaurus said:

What about Prime 2?

TWRoO said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Machina said:
TruckOSaurus said:

What about Prime 2?

It's my least favorite of the Primes but it still beats Other M.

Signature goes here!

#46: Castelvania: Dawn of Sorrow (DS)
Release Date: October 4, 2005

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow was the DS' first of three Castlevania titles, and the second game to star Soma Cruz (At the time I never played Aria of Sorrow for the GameBoy Advance, but since then I've hunted down the game and have very much enjoyed the game). There were a couple of things that made this game stand out, one of them being the Soul Capture system, which led to a plethora of magical abilities and forged weapons to use against the evil dead that lurked within Dracula's Castle. The game also brought on the infamous anime character design, which was thankfully only put to use in character interactions (and unfortunatley the box art...). All that said, I spent hours upon hours in the halls of Castlevania (seriously, I would play the game, go to bed, and then wake up and play the game some more), fighting bosses, capturing souls, and having a blast.

Favorite Weapon: Death's Scythe
Procrastination: I should probably finish the "gamrConnect Celebrates 25 Years of Castlevania" feature...