By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2011 Discussion Thread

Korppi said:

#46) Warcraft II (PC/PS/SAT)

At every other title on this list, I consider myself to be at least fairly good... But I royally suck at this game. My micro-managing skills are ass, I don't know how to properly use Mages/Death Knights at all, and even the dumb-as-fuck AI often manages to give me a hard time.

But I like the game. Though admittedly, I probably wouldn't if I hadn't played some of the newer, better installments of the series first.

Unfortunately I never was able to play WarCraft II: Tides of Darkness that much. Still, back in the day I used to watch my friend play the game all the time (remember when even watching video games was amazing?). I thought Death Knights were so cool.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Machina said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I don't think you should keep doing your list. It's obviously wrong.

He has one more in his list than I do, so... hmmm.

Yeah but at least you didn't put Other M above Super Metroid or Metroid Prime.

Prime was boring and overrated. Well, you could say it is me being bias against FPS.

Super Metroid was okay, but the gameplay in Metroid: Other M was really fun and addictive.

TruckOSaurus said:
TWRoO said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Machina said:
TruckOSaurus said:

What about Prime 2?

It's my least favorite of the Primes but it still beats Other M.

Not for me, as evidenced by my choice for #45

Whether my opinion would be different had I played Prime 2 on the GameCube I don't know.
Other M would probably be a bit higher on my list too if you didn't have to use the d-pad to move around, it made my thumb hurt.

morenoingrato said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Machina said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Prime was boring and overrated. Well, you could say it is me being bias against FPS.

Super Metroid was okay, but the gameplay in Metroid: Other M was really fun and addictive.

I have a similar bias towards FPS these days, but I love Metroid Prime. It's more FPA than FPS though.

VGChartz

milkyjoe said:
morenoingrato said:

I have a similar bias towards FPS these days, but I love Metroid Prime. It's more FPA than FPS though.

It's possible for games to span genres, most FPS are action-shooters ("First-Person" is not really a genre, I don't know why people consider it so. It's a game mechanic.), whereas the Primes are adventure-shooters. (Action and Adventure are two huge genres which cover a lot of today's games, and could then be split into smaller genres) I would say most adventure-shooters are third-person, so the Primes are quite rare to be FPS-A. (Portal is probably even rarer being a puzzle-shooter that is also first-person)

As such I agree with you that Prime is adventure based, but you can't deny it being a shooter, so it's still an FPS.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
Michael-5 said:
TWRoO said:
Michael-5 said:

I'm assuiming your younger then me a bit, probably grew up on N64 right?

Haven't you ever played an old game because of good hype? I beat Chrono Trigger during the 6th gen (not 4th) on a PC emulator, and it's one of my favorite games of all time. I plan to buy it on VC just to have a legit copy of the game. I also played and beat a bunch of NES games in the 6th gen.

Not if your profile age is correct. I'm 24.

Shame on you for missing out on so many SNES classics.

I apologise for not being able to afford a video game console when I was 5.

Should have put your work pants on and got a job, they need little people to clean sewers you know..... lol, no worries, but some of the games are phenomenal. Like I said I beat Chrono Trigger on a ROM during the 6th gen, and it;s one of my favorite games.

If you honestly can't go back, give Mario Kart Wii, Street Fighter IV, and Donkey Kong Country Wii a try. They aren't that different from SNES era games.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

MRKs said:
Michael-5 said:
MRKs said:
Great choices! NBA Jam was a blast to play. Double Dragon was excellent, even today to me is a great game.

#47 : Parasite Eve (PSX): A survival horror set in a modern day New York with elements of RPG? Count me in. This game is great, it was so difficult to me (I was a kid...kind of) but anyway Eve was so evil and sexy(? The story got me hooked a lot even though I lose my save like 4 times before I finished the game.

I got stuck in that game a couple hours in. Just didn't know where to go, I killed everyone in the area, and there was no continuing path, or unlocked area, so I put the game down and never continued. ;-(

Yeah It was easy to get stuck in the game. The first time I got stuck I was angry and never played the game for months, then later i started the game again (Lost my save)  and got stuck in the Police station but because of the level of the monster was too high and I didn't had any bullets and had to start all over again XD 

It was a hard game but fun nonetheless

Oh for me, I didn't know how to get out of the Opera...lol. I think that's the very first level. Must have spent an hour or more looking where to go, but I was greeted with empty rooms, and no directions. Put it down, and never picked it up, but it genuinly looks like an interesting game. Some of SE's smaller RPG's can be better then their major blockbuster titles you know.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

morenoingrato said:

50. Clock Tower (SNES, PS1)

IMO, a pinnacle in survival horror, you are just a defenseless little girl trying to survive in a creppy mansion.

The storyline is strong and the characters have pretty cool personality.

48. Metroid: Other M (Wii)

First, you should know this is the only Metroid game on my list.

Even if it had some issues, I really liked how they made the gameplay so fun and adicting.

Play Metroid Prime 1 or 3 for GCN or Wii! They are much better 3D Metroid titles.

Also nice job with Clokc Tower. I like CT3 for PS2, it's nice to see some more niche games populate the list.

Michael-5 said:
TWRoO said:

I apologise for not being able to afford a video game console when I was 5.

Should have put your work pants on and got a job, they need little people to clean sewers you know..... lol, no worries, but some of the games are phenomenal. Like I said I beat Chrono Trigger on a ROM during the 6th gen, and it;s one of my favorite games.

If you honestly can't go back, give Mario Kart Wii, Street Fighter IV, and Donkey Kong Country Wii a try. They aren't that different from SNES era games.

Mario Kart Wii, what with being awesome, will naturally be high on my list, and I have played a little Super Mario Kart... they are similar in the way that they are kart racing games from the Mario universe, but otherwise they play very differently, mode 7 may have been a good thing back in the early 90s, but once you have played in 3D it's weird going back, as I found out with F-Zero.
Fighting games are probably my least favourite type of game, and I don't have a machine capable of playing SFIV anyway.
Can't say I am interested in DKCWii either.

Gievn what Rol has mentioned, I may be giving Super Metroid a go in the future, as it's a full 2D game it doesn't have the same issue as zelda's psuedo 3D, which is lack of control (which reminds me, why hasn't the d-pad died yet... it's not needed for games anymore)

Wrecking Crew!

This was the game that introduced Wario. I don't care what you say, that is truth :P

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.