By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony announce US sales now exceed 3.9m

misterd said:
Why 3.9million? Why not wait to make an announcement until they break 4?

Wait for what?
1.2 million PS3
+
1.4 million PSP
+
1.3 PlayStation 2
=
3.9 mln.

@DreamsCast:
as far as i remeber, they were talking about BOTH ps2+ps3 sales having over 100k.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
SeriousWB said:
Jesus Christ TWRoO, you avatar, your signature?! That was some drastic change.

I was going to have a Blackadder sig before Christmas, but I decided to have a special one over Christmas, which was "Fairytale of Ney York"

I think this thread needs a good derailing... perhaps ioi could change it so whenever someone clicks on the link from the mainpage they get sent to the sales table?

It's probably about time to calm down a bit. ioi is doing a great job keeping the numbers up2date and he always fixes the numbers if their is a reasonable argument to do it.

Why do people always link to recycle news articles from other sites that have gone through a telephone game down the blogosphere instead of linking to the direct statement from the official site or the place giving the interview?

I sense an emerging meme...  And yes, this topic has degraded into pointlessness.  Why don't we let it die on this note?

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Around the Network

Lol, i was in the process of making one like that too Skyrender (that was actually what i originally intended but I thought I should keep the topic on the PS3 for now)

Yours however is better, I like the new scarf colours.

The title of this thread was horrible, implying that something now had hit the 3.9 million mark in sales (and that something would be the PS3).

People should get better at naming their threads.

Btw, I whole heartedly hate Sony's press releases. They always add the separate sales figures for all their consoles into one big number. Yeah, and the cherry picking of time-lines (see ioi's post for an example).. I remember the endless debate about Australia sales and how PS3 supposedly had outsold the X360 for a period... total LTD? since inception? week-by-week? Same trick they used about the EU launch, if I remmeber correctly.

/rant off

Sky Render said:

I sense an emerging meme... And yes, this topic has degraded into pointlessness. Why don't we let it die on this note?

I don't think you posting that is going to help this thread die but I could be wrong. That is some serious flaimbait but I won't bite and I hope everyone else just ignores that post.

@ Sky Render

you have too much time on your hands...

Sky Render said:

I sense an emerging meme...  And yes, this topic has degraded into pointlessness.  Why don't we let it die on this note?

another way to bring wii, this site is wiichartz.

mM