By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony announce US sales now exceed 3.9m

Anyone who wants what VGC ACTUALLY has for that period need to use this;

ConsolePS3PSPPS2
America

except unlike what Crazzy said, you should ADD 4 days, those being 23rd, 24th and 25th of November, as well as the 31st December.

Around the Network

I love it how some fanboys can make a storm in a tea cup. Guys, it's a difference of what? 300k consoles, or something like that? A difference which, being true, would be confirmed by NPD and/or Sony's financial report pretty soon?

Give it a rest, if there's reason for the numbers to be significantly changed (which I doubt), that will happen in a few weeks at most.

Over and out.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

@Crazyman and TWrOo

The problem with your figures is that the 5 (not 4) days you miss out include the biggest retail day of the year - black friday which sold the majority of sales that week (probably over 100,000 PS3s sold on that day alone).

Using the 19th Nov - 29th Dec and taking off the 19th, 20th, 21st and 22nd Nov and adding the 30th and 31st Dec makes more sense than doing it the way you are.

At the very least add half of black friday week in (although if you think as many PS3s were sold Sunday - Wed as Thrusday, Black Friday and Saturday then you must be smoking somethin')! Also you need to add the 30th / 31st Dec into it.

But it doesn't matter anyway since Sony are talking about shipped and not sold to customers, despite what they say. My point was that VGC's data isn't that much different anyway.

And remember back to when Sony said they were doing 100,000 PS3s a week in early November or something and VGChartz had 80,000 or whatever then NPD came out and was even lower than vgc. I really would not believe Sony's PR releases they are full of BS imo

they are most likely talking about sold to retailers and not sold to consumers

it makes more sense we are overtracking rather than undertracking

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

this is ridiculous. it's great that we're reading out news, but show ioi some respect. if you can find a piece like this, you think ioi won't? of course fanboys never listen, why did i bother posting this.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Why 3.9million? Why not wait to make an announcement until they break 4?

Jesus Christ TWRoO, you avatar, your signature?! That was some drastic change.

misterd said:

Because they were releasing figures for the period starting Black Friday morning, and finishing December 31st...... which is a crucial period, had they waited till January 2nd/3rd it would have been an odd period to release figures for.

@Dreamscast... yes I know that one of those days is Black Friday, which should help bring the number up to about 1 million PS3s... I was merely pointing out that Crazzyman had for some reason stated to take days away from the same sales figures.

misterd said:

Because they need to get ahead of the next news cycle which will show they are still in last place in the NA market.