By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U will support two controllers finally

theARTIST0017 said:
sethnintendo said:
theARTIST0017 said:
We need Cube controller support via usb.
Also 4 tablet control so everyone has their own screen.

I know there are plenty of people that love the GCN controllers.  I suppose that the CCP isn't good enough for a basic controller?  I know the GCN controller is good but it is only marginally better than the CCP.  I don't even own a CCP (just 2 regular CC) and I still think the CC is decent enough for my VC needs (I don't use CC for FPS Wii shooters considering there is a better option with Wiimote/nunchuck).  I didn't even use the CC for MH3 and I stuck with the Wiimote/nunchuck control scheme.

CC is cool. Never used CCP but I must assume that its just a more comfortable version of the CC. Still, I have to digress and say that the Cube controller is perfect for certain games, Smash Brothers comes to mind here. I just could never do Smash Bros ny good with a CC. And not only that, the Cube controller became the standard for two Smash Brothers games and two Mario Kart games which millions of people owned. Now I'm sure that using the Pad controller for Mario Kart will be fine since it'll be easy to adjust to. The learning curve for that game is very small, easy to learn. But configuring a new control scheme to a game like Smash Brothers? I'm not convinced. I won't make any abosolute statements now since I have yet to even see some of the Wii U games, but I do believe Nintendo is being a bit lazy here. Come now, If the Wii disc drive can play both Wii and Gamecube games, and the Wii U drive can play both Wii U and Wii games, whats stopping the great engineers behind the Wii U from coding it to play Gamecube games? I just had to vent sorry haha!

Nintendo is rumored to bring GCN games to VC. That is probably why they haven't announced anything on GCN conrtollers for the Wii U. 

Around the Network

why would i want 4 tablet support, I dont know 4 people in my town to play 4 players on 4 tablets. lol

Dr.Grass said:
oniyide said:
wish it could do four, if its not possible then 2 is better. Either way it sounds like the console has to be pretty powerful if they are fighting just to get two on it

I'm sorry but I think you are making no sense right there. 

worded that wrong, the console would have to be really powerful if it had to support 4

I don't care so much if I can use four tablet controllers.

I just want four good games for the thing.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

sethnintendo said:
theARTIST0017 said:
We need Cube controller support via usb.
Also 4 tablet control so everyone has their own screen.

I know there are plenty of people that love the GCN controllers.  I suppose that the CCP isn't good enough for a basic controller?  I know the GCN controller is good but it is only marginally better than the CCP.  I don't even own a CCP (just 2 regular CC) and I still think the CC is decent enough for my VC needs (I don't use CC for FPS Wii shooters considering there is a better option with Wiimote/nunchuck).  I didn't even use the CC for MH3 and I stuck with the Wiimote/nunchuck control scheme.

The CCP is a much better controller, it's more versatile. The GC controller doesn't do well with fighters or sidescrollers, so I don't see why it would be necessary to support them.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

I don't know the implementation details, but from my understanding the tablet is just a "dummy" device and I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't (really) have any processing power or memory on it; and it only displays the data that is streamed to it. If this is truly the case, I wouldn't be surprised if the system uses up the same wireless bandwidth to display a static image of buttons as a detailed real-time rendered image.

The reason to take this approach is to keep the cost of the controller down because (outside of the cost of the screen) the tablet controller would be about as complicated and expensive as a conventional controller. With how inexpensive touch screens have gotten, it is possible that Nintendo could sell these controllers for $10 to $25 more than a conventional controller where it would be substantially more expensive to make them "smarter".

You say that touch screens have gotten inexpensive and I know you mean "relatively inexpensive" and I wonder, how much does a multi touch screen cost than a simple touch screen?

I'm asking that because in my opinion, Nintendo should go with a multi touch display and 2 controllers. It would be more useful with mini games (1 screen for 2 players could lead to new competitive or cooperative games), as well as allowing more smartphones/tablet based games to come to WiiUware.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

oniyide said:
theARTIST0017 said:
sethnintendo said:
theARTIST0017 said:

I just could never do Smash Bros ny good with a CC. And not only that, the Cube controller became the standard for two Smash Brothers games and two Mario Kart games which millions of people owned.

I have to admit that I never used anything but the GC controllers for Brawl.  However, I did use the nunchuck/wiimote combo for Kart and I liked that control setup.  I don't think I ever used the wavebirds for Kart.

Exactly the same for me. See the Wii U is a make it or break it for me. Man I really want that 4 Pad setup. But Zelda and Mario HD omg I have to have it :(

I dont think your going to get it, unless Ninty was willing to sell and you are willing to buy an expensive ass console

You'll never know whats behind the door until you open it right? I'm willing to buy. Me, my brother, my sister, and a fourth person always gather around for 4 player Mario Kart sessions. As long as the option is there, we don't see price as a factor. I'm sure others will second this.

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

This is good news to me. Hopely then if you switch from the tv to the controller, the other controller can be the tv and the other can be your touch screen controller. In other words, if you transition from the tv you can still have two screen function.

cool two screens are better than one and i don't think i would want to buy 3 extra screens for multilayer. until now i only have two WiiMotes with + attachments and with Zelda i will get one more.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

how did Nintendo go from Party-friendly to single-player-centric????

Do they even care about retaining any of the current Wii casual gamers?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)