By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U will support two controllers finally

http://www.develop-online.net/news/39077/Nintendo-working-on-Wii-U-support-for-two-tablets

Console specs still in flux, but sources say Nintendo now has ambitions for touch-screen multiplayer

Nintendo engineers are working hard to upgrade Wii U so that it can simultaneously support two tablet controllers, Develop understands.

A trusted game development executive has said there are numerous indications within the Wii U codebase that the console is, at the very least, being prepared to operate with two touch-screen pads.

Nintendo and development partners had previously indicated that only one tablet controller could work with the system, due to technical limitations.

But Develop’s source, speaking on the condition of anonymity, explained that multi-tablet support is one of three remaining variables for the next-gen console. The other two are RAM capacity and processor speed.

The person said Nintendo appears to be on the cusp of solving the technical conundrum of a single Wii U device supporting two tablet controllers. The source added that there was no indication, and very little chance, that four tablet controllers would ever be supported.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

Welcome back to the future!
Sorry, but
1. that's old news (weeks or months)
2. no facts about 2 tablets here

I'm still convinced it will end up supporting 4.

Leaving Pachter aside, it seem that use 2 controllers will be possible, but 4 is almost a no.

From Develop:

"A trusted game development executive has said there are numerous indications within the Wii U codebase that the console is, at the very least, being prepared to operate with two touch-screen pads.

Develop’s source believes that feedback from E3 has been welcomed by the company."

source: HERE

There's still hope guys!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

ninty_shareholder64 said:
Welcome back to the future!
Sorry, but
1. that's old news (weeks or months)
2. no facts about 2 tablets here

I'm still convinced it will end up supporting 4.

I chose the wrong source. The news has appeared today in several outlets, it's just that the source was different this time and not Pachter, which, you're right, appeared some time ago. Changed the OP accordingly.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

We need Cube controller support via usb.
Also 4 tablet control so everyone has their own screen.

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Around the Network

we need 4 tablets, why not aim for perfection?

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

theARTIST0017 said:
We need Cube controller support via usb.
Also 4 tablet control so everyone has their own screen.

I know there are plenty of people that love the GCN controllers.  I suppose that the CCP isn't good enough for a basic controller?  I know the GCN controller is good but it is only marginally better than the CCP.  I don't even own a CCP (just 2 regular CC) and I still think the CC is decent enough for my VC needs (I don't use CC for FPS Wii shooters considering there is a better option with Wiimote/nunchuck).  I didn't even use the CC for MH3 and I stuck with the Wiimote/nunchuck control scheme.

All it needs is two for me because now I can play madden the proper way with my screen covered. Nice

wish it could do four, if its not possible then 2 is better. Either way it sounds like the console has to be pretty powerful if they are fighting just to get two on it

The number of players who could play wii u touchsceen went up by 100%!

In other news we better not have muiltiplayer games that require the use of the "Touch screen"

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you.