By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA up 29th october.

Troll_Whisperer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
kivi95 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
kowenicki said:
yo_john117 said:
kowenicki said:
360 could have its best year ever, in it's sixth year and with no price cut for 2 years!

Crazy gen.

Don't you have a thread tracking the sales of the 360 and what it needs to do to outsell last year?

just updating it due to adjustments...  should be up in a few mins.

its as i've been saying all yr. 360 doesn't need a price drop to kick ass and keep taking names and MS won't make a pricedrop cause they see what i see and thats that theres no need.

+ Xbox360 is still cheaper than ps3 so no need for price cut.

yep but thats not my reasoning behind it. i just see them not needing to do it.

True. Seeing as they're doing similar numbers to last year, I guess MS went for profit rather than marketshare. Having a price cut next year will allow them to have good sales until 2013 at least.

yep thats exactly how i see it. well i've been saying it all yr lol. i also don't think Sony needed a pricecut this yr., but i think it was the right move. my only question is what will Sony do in 2012 to fight off a 360 price cut? they currently have nothing big enough announced as far as exclusives are conserned , and a price cut would put them in a very good position but i don't see Sony making another price cut.

tell me what you think TW.

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

yep thats exactly how i see it. well i've been saying it all yr lol. i also don't think Sony needed a pricecut this yr., but i think it was the right move. my only question is what will Sony do in 2012 to fight off a 360 price cut? they currently have nothing big enough announced as far as exclusives are conserned , and a price cut would put them in a very good position but i don't see Sony making another price cut.

Dunno. They cut the price by just $50, so I guess another $50 cut is possible next year. I guess it depends on when PS4 is released.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

kowenicki said:
sully1311 said:
kowenicki said:
kilik said:
Will be really interesting to see Sony's shipped numbers for comparison. I still believe PS3 is undertracked by around 1 million worldwide.

where? and based on what?

tell me about it kowen. Very very very wishful thinking.

I dont mind when people have a theory, but when its just a whim or wish, well then its really irritating.

PS... I wont mention football.

ok kilik cause i'm from the PS3 side i would entertain this but because i'm no fanboy, Vgc numbers were spot on when sony announced there sale figure at E3 this yr, and your therory sounds like a load of bull and you have yet to post an answer!

dud all i have to say is you need to have a damn good reason for this!

Troll_Whisperer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

Dunno. They cut the price by just $50, so I guess another $50 cut is possible next year. I guess it depends on when PS4 is released.

yea i can see that happening, but even with FF13v (still EC) and Medal of Honor which seems to sell better on PS3 and is one of the worst person shooters ever made but still manages to sell! there no match for Halo and COD which is the worse person shooter ever made.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

yea i can see that happening, but even with FF13v (still EC) and Medal of Honor which seems to sell better on PS3 and is one of the worst person shooters ever made but still manages to sell! there no match for Halo and COD which is the worse person shooter ever made.

They'll have some SW to push HW for sure. Twisted Metal, The Last Guardian, FFv13... and probably others we don't know about.

Anyway, Sony decide these things much in advance, that's why they can forecast how many units they'll sell in a year, they know whether they're cutting the price months before. So I guess it'll come down to their mid-term strategy before the release of PS4. If it releases in 2014, they may not cut the price until 2013.

On the other hand, it seems Sony favors marketshare to profits, possibly in preparation for next-gen when they'll have a fresh start. So they may cut the price next year anyway.

So, in short, I have no idea, lol.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

360 doing amazingly.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Troll_Whisperer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

They'll have some SW to push HW for sure. Twisted Metal, The Last Guardian, FFv13... and probably others we don't know about.

yea but FFv13 and the Last Guardian are the onlyones known to be releasing during 2012 holiday season. i'm just wondering how the last guardian will do sales wise with other block buster ip releasing at that time. i hope TLG doesn't get lost in the shuffle!

Anyway, Sony decide these things much in advance, that's why they can forecast how many units they'll sell in a year, they know whether they're cutting the price months before. So I guess it'll come down to their mid-term strategy before the release of PS4. If it releases in 2014, they may not cut the price until 2013.

agreed. i see 2014 aswell but i think Sony is in stealth mode waiting for for the 360 announcement so they won't be last out the gate. atlease not by a yr.

On the other hand, it seems Sony favors marketshare to profits, possibly in preparation for next-gen when they'll have a fresh start. So they may cut the price next year anyway.

agreed, but they'll make profit even if they cut price next yr. i'm sure?

So, in short, I have no idea, lol. apples and apples. we're both apples lol. neither of us have any ideas.

4k1x3r said:
yo_john117 said:
ethomaz said:
crissindahouse said:
jugon21 said:

Huge adjustments!!! PS3-Over 300k WW ^^

Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
Sony Computer Entertainment, Racer
49 25,016 4,163,325

It's a beast :D

not for a gran turismo game^^

Which GT game? GT5 is selling over GT4 yet .

How much did GT4 sell on it's 49th week? 

Around 20k..., a bit less maybe.

Was that during the Christmas season? Oh and was it priced $39.99 like GT5 is now?

kowenicki said:
kivi95 said:

not all people  buy at the lowest entry price point you know.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=135598

True, but it's still an option.  Imagine how much lower the 360's numbers would be without the $199 model.  Also, that is NPD data.  NPD data that includes the GeOW3 bundle.  We have no idea what the ratio is in EMEAA and Japan.

thismeintiel said:
kowenicki said:
kivi95 said:

not all people  buy at the lowest entry price point you know.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=135598

True, but it's still an option.  Imagine how much lower the 360's numbers would be without the $199 model.  Also, that is NPD data.  NPD data that includes the GeOW3 bundle.  We have no idea what the ratio is in EMEAA and Japan.

August not includes GOW3 bundle,and NPD said around 50% were Kinect bundle(299,399)

and no price cut is no price cut,the 199 thing is arrived long time,no one care lowest price or not

if MS wanna defend it,they need price cut(149,249,349 or something like)