By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA up 29th october.

D-Joe said:
thismeintiel said:
kowenicki said:
kivi95 said:

+ Xbox360 is still cheaper than ps3 so no need for price cut.

not all people  buy at the lowest entry price point you know.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=135598

True, but it's still an option.  Imagine how much lower the 360's numbers would be without the $199 model.  Also, that is NPD data.  NPD data that includes the GeOW3 bundle.  We have no idea what the ratio is in EMEAA and Japan.

August not includes GOW3 bundle,and NPD said around 50% were Kinect bundle(299,399)

and no price cut is no price cut,the 199 thing is arrived long time,no one care lowest price or not

if MS wanna defend it,they need price cut(149,249,349 or something like)

My point still stands.  This is just for the US.  For all we know, the $199 makes up 50% or more of sales in EMEAA+Japan, regions where Kinect isn't doing so hot.  Either way, without the lower price point, the 360 wouldn't sell as much.  I'm not saying it would be by a HUGE amount.  But that savings of $50 is still appealing to some when comparing it to the PS3. 

And yes, the $199 has been around awhile.  Why do you think MS has always been able to keep in 2nd?  Yes, some of that has to do with games, but it's mainly because they have been able to keep the main thing working against the PS3 alive, the PRICE DIFFERENCE.  However, that isn't as much of a problem anymore, which is why the PS3 has been able to reduce an 8 million sold gap that was built up over ~3 years (when MS always had price on their side) to 2.6 million in the ~2 years since the drop to $299 (now $249).  And the gap is only going to get smaller when the PS3 finally reaches that $199 price tag.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
D-Joe said:
thismeintiel said:
kowenicki said:
kivi95 said:

+ Xbox360 is still cheaper than ps3 so no need for price cut.

not all people  buy at the lowest entry price point you know.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=135598

True, but it's still an option.  Imagine how much lower the 360's numbers would be without the $199 model.  Also, that is NPD data.  NPD data that includes the GeOW3 bundle.  We have no idea what the ratio is in EMEAA and Japan.

August not includes GOW3 bundle,and NPD said around 50% were Kinect bundle(299,399)

and no price cut is no price cut,the 199 thing is arrived long time,no one care lowest price or not

if MS wanna defend it,they need price cut(149,249,349 or something like)

My point still stands.  This is just for the US.  For all we know, the $199 makes up 50% or more of sales in EMEAA+Japan, regions where Kinect isn't doing so hot.  Either way, without the lower price point, the 360 wouldn't sell as much.  And yes, the $199 has been around awhile.  Why do you think MS has always been able to keep in 2nd?  Yes, some of that has to do with games, but it's mainly because they have been able to keep the main thing working against the PS3 alive, the PRICE DIFFERENCE.  However, that isn't a problem anymore, which is why the PS3 has been able to reduce an 8 million sold gap that was built up over ~3 years (when MS always had price on their side) to 2.6 million in the ~2 years since the drop to $299 (now $249).  And the gap is only going to get smaller when the PS3 finally reaches that $199 price tag.

do you know my much sales of 360S 4GB first week in japan?700(that week 360 sold around 4000)

thats your 50%?

and i tell you,yeah lowest,but it was 100$ different and now is 50$,and 249$ ps3 have HDD(160GB),199$ 360 not,and kivi95 was talk about price-cut first,not price point

keep your Imagine,you always think you are winner if you last reply in a thread,even it's not about win or lose

D-Joe said:

do you know my much sales of 360S 4GB first week in japan?700(that week 360 sold around 4000)

thats your 50%?

and i tell you,yeah lowest,but it was 100$ different and now is 50$,and 249$ ps3 have HDD(160GB),199$ 360 not,and kivi95 was talk about price-cut first,not price point

keep your Imagine,you always think you are winner if you last reply in a thread,even it's not about win or lose

Didn't know you could read my mind.  Never really see myself as a "winner."  You can't really win in a debate if you don't change the other person's mind, or completely discredit their "facts."  And that definitely doesn't happen if you're the last one to reply in a thread.

I said "for all we know."  I don't know the ratio they are selling at now, do you?  Besides, it was hyperbole.  I stated it wouldn't be selling less by a huge amount, however, for many I believe that $199 price tag is still more attractive than a $249 one.  They are also the same kind of people who bought the 360 Arcade when it came out at $199, even though it was even more lacking in features than the new Slim 4GB.  Or maybe they know they can get the 360 Slim and slap in a cheap 320GB HDD for the extra $50 they save.  I'm more inclined to go with the former.

I would also like a link to the above numbers in Japan for the Slim launch if you have one.

thismeintiel said:
D-Joe said:

thats your 50%?

Didn't know you could read my mind.  Never really see myself as a "winner."  You can't really win in a debate if you don't change the other person's mind, or completely discredit their "facts."  And that definitely doesn't happen if you're the last one to reply in a thread.

I said "for all we know."  I don't know the ratio they are selling at now, do you?  Besides, it was hyperbole.  I stated it wouldn't be selling less by a huge amount, however, for many I believe that $199 price tag is still more attractive than a $249 one.  They are also the same kind of people who bought the 360 Arcade when it came out at $199, even though it was even more lacking in features than the new Slim 4GB.  Or maybe they know they can get the 360 Slim and slap in a cheap 320GB HDD for the extra $50 they save.  I'm more inclined to go with the former.

I would also like a link to the above numbers in Japan for the Slim launch if you have one.

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/989606.html

well,it's around 3000 that week,but still not even 25%,and it's the first week of 4GB,and thats your 50% of 4GB

yeah keep your "i believe""i think""maybe" to make sure no one can discuss with you.play BF3.

yo_john117 said:
4k1x3r said:
yo_john117 said:
ethomaz said:
crissindahouse said:
jugon21 said:

Huge adjustments!!! PS3-Over 300k WW ^^

Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
Sony Computer Entertainment, Racer
49 25,016 4,163,325

It's a beast :D

not for a gran turismo game^^

Which GT game? GT5 is selling over GT4 yet .

How much did GT4 sell on it's 49th week? 

Around 20k..., a bit less maybe.

Was that during the Christmas season? Oh and was it priced $39.99 like GT5 is now?

KK after a quick re-check I'm sure it sold less than 20k in its 49th week (more like 15/17k), it came out in the last week of the year 2004 in Japan, so the 49th week was in Dec. 2005.

As for the price? Idk and Idc.

Around the Network
D-Joe said:
thismeintiel said:
D-Joe said:

thats your 50%?

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/989606.html

well,it's around 3000 that week,but still not even 25%,and it's the first week of 4GB,and thats your 50% of 4GB

yeah keep your "i believe""i think""maybe" to make sure no one can discuss with you.play BF3.

Ok.  That's still only for one week out of an entire year they have been on shelves.  And that still doesn't change the fact I was using hyperbole.

As for the bold...lol.  You use those words to make it known what you are writing is your opinion or a guess, and not a fact.  Don't see why anyone wouldn't be able to debate someone just because they use those words.

Even crazier week than in America for HW! Very good, but not incredible like there for SW.
Special gratz to PS3 for first place and for being first WW even without Japan again, to XB360 and the whole Ninty family for HW boost! To everyone for SW boost, although starting point and end result are far below American ones.

BF3 is a little beast, and here too the partially tracked PC version leaves behind everything else!

The huge and expensive advertising for Dance Central 2 lifts it in its second week, but it can't save it from a bad flop (while in America it has a decent success in its first week). However, its advertising, added to the unimpressive but still better selling Kinect Sports Season 2 helps lifting Kinect itself from very low sales to quite low ones, but Balance Board, despite meh, improves too and still beats it.

Great 49th week for good old GT5, almost 70% boost!

Edit: it's worth noticing that unlike the ad campaign for DC and Kinect, the Nintendo one for Mario Kart Wii and Wii itself worked quite well, despite being transmitted less times and having started later.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

PS3 is doing great

Wasn't expecting such a large boost for Wii either

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

I knew the PS3 hadn't peeked last year, calls for a new generation were a tad early when only a few more sales and PS3 will be seeing its new peak year, price cut clearly has been effective.

360 could also see its peak year, definitely if was given a price cut, but i still think MS are going to be going for fantastic value bundles this xmas rather than a price cut.

Let the PS3 domination commence 3...2...1... :)