By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN - Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Review!!!

Tagged games:

:D first day buy!

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
o_O.Q said:
PullusPardus said:
mantlepiecek said:
I am tired of people saying uncharted should be open....why the hell do you want a fallcharted?

Why the fuck people are taking my comment as if "its not fallout 3" where did i said that ever?

i don't want Uncharted to be open, but be less scripted, and has to have some replay value, you know for example , unlocking new game modes once you finish the game,

EXAMPLE time trial mode, coop mode (split screen in the single player), Fortune hunter mode (where you earn point for every chain kill without being hit), or a boss rush mode, alternative cutscenes, bloopers, multiple endings, or something more original like for example Bare Knuckles mode where you and your enemies don't carry any weapons and all of you are just using fists, THATS an example.

what we got is, linear single player with scripted scenes , and "Cinematic" cliches IE lots of explosions and retarded "bad guys" ,  lame collectables that are only collected for trophies, tacked on online only coop that is .. tacked on, using single player "Maps" with generic cutscenes, competitive multiplayer (which is actually good) unlockable skins and the "oh so amazing" black and white/Mirror...ect effects, and thats about it folks.

now tell me, how on earth does that deserve a 10 / 10 ? , this game seems no different from say Army Of Two, heck even that game has coop and actually focused on the "Fun" part of game, i say its also very similar to Alan Wake, very scripted, very focused on graphics , has very lame collectables , and thats it.

By the way i'm not saying this game is crap nor alan wake is (actually alan wake is one of my favs on xbox), i actually ENJOY uncharted games  , i'm just saying its not the best thing ever and not really a 10/10 , i think its way overrated.

lol that you still don't get that thats your opinion is beyond me

"tacked on online only coop that is .. tacked on,"

the coop can also be played splitscreen offline

what criteria must a game have in your opinion that makes it a 10?

does your criteria absolutely have to be a part of a game for it to be enjoyable?

Re-read the post i posted, for goodness sake, bolded some stuff, so you can see them better.

also of course its my opinion what did you expect? someone forcing me at gun point to post this ?

whether you like uncharted or not isn't what i asked you... so a game must have coop with maps/scenarios unrelated to its single player to be a 10? wow thats a really narrow list then or did i misunderstand you

the reason why i was saying its your opinion is that you seem to expect reviewers to rate a game according to your standards

o_O.Q said:
PullusPardus said:
o_O.Q said:
PullusPardus said:
mantlepiecek said:
I am tired of people saying uncharted should be open....why the hell do you want a fallcharted?

Why the fuck people are taking my comment as if "its not fallout 3" where did i said that ever?

i don't want Uncharted to be open, but be less scripted, and has to have some replay value, you know for example , unlocking new game modes once you finish the game,

EXAMPLE time trial mode, coop mode (split screen in the single player), Fortune hunter mode (where you earn point for every chain kill without being hit), or a boss rush mode, alternative cutscenes, bloopers, multiple endings, or something more original like for example Bare Knuckles mode where you and your enemies don't carry any weapons and all of you are just using fists, THATS an example.

what we got is, linear single player with scripted scenes , and "Cinematic" cliches IE lots of explosions and retarded "bad guys" ,  lame collectables that are only collected for trophies, tacked on online only coop that is .. tacked on, using single player "Maps" with generic cutscenes, competitive multiplayer (which is actually good) unlockable skins and the "oh so amazing" black and white/Mirror...ect effects, and thats about it folks.

now tell me, how on earth does that deserve a 10 / 10 ? , this game seems no different from say Army Of Two, heck even that game has coop and actually focused on the "Fun" part of game, i say its also very similar to Alan Wake, very scripted, very focused on graphics , has very lame collectables , and thats it.

By the way i'm not saying this game is crap nor alan wake is (actually alan wake is one of my favs on xbox), i actually ENJOY uncharted games  , i'm just saying its not the best thing ever and not really a 10/10 , i think its way overrated.

does your criteria absolutely have to be a part of a game for it to be enjoyable?

Re-read the post i posted, for goodness sake, bolded some stuff, so you can see them better.

also of course its my opinion what did you expect? someone forcing me at gun point to post this ?

whether you like uncharted or not isn't what i asked you... so a game must have coop with maps/scenarios unrelated to its single player to be a 10? wow thats a really narrow list then or did i misunderstand you

the reason why i was saying its your opinion is that you seem to expect reviewers to rate a game according to your standards

Please, stop this thing you are doing , and read the post, i actually mean't the exact opposite of what you said, and yes, if a reviewer said a game is 10/10 it should live up to that standard, why the hell not?

PullusPardus said:
o_O.Q said:
PullusPardus said:
o_O.Q said:
PullusPardus said:
mantlepiecek said:

Please, stop this thing you are doing , and read the post, i actually mean't the exact opposite of what you said, and yes, if a reviewer said a game is 10/10 it should live up to that standard, why the hell not?

i'm sorry if i offended you ionly you asked you about what you said to get a better understanding of why uc doesn't deserve a 10

"time trial mode, coop mode (split screen in the single player), Fortune hunter mode (where you earn point for every chain kill without being hit), or a boss rush mode, alternative cutscenes, bloopers, multiple endings, or something more original like for example Bare Knuckles mode where you and your enemies don't carry any weapons and all of you are just using fists, THATS an example."

ok so a game should have time trial modes, split screen coop campaign, alternative story paths, multiple endings, variable challenge modes etc for it to deserve a 10?

o_O.Q said:
PullusPardus said:
o_O.Q said:
PullusPardus said:
o_O.Q said:
PullusPardus said:
mantlepiecek said:

i'm sorry if i offended you ionly you asked you about what you said to get a better understanding of why uc doesn't deserve a 10

"time trial mode, coop mode (split screen in the single player), Fortune hunter mode (where you earn point for every chain kill without being hit), or a boss rush mode, alternative cutscenes, bloopers, multiple endings, or something more original like for example Bare Knuckles mode where you and your enemies don't carry any weapons and all of you are just using fists, THATS an example."

ok so a game should have time trial modes, split screen coop campaign, alternative story paths, multiple endings, variable challenge modes etc for it to deserve a 10?

No to have a replay value, now i am done here.

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
o_O.Q said:

A game doesn't need a lot of replay value to be a 10, Uncharted 3 has more than enough replay value to qualify for a 10 anyway.

PullusPardus said:
o_O.Q said:
PullusPardus said:
o_O.Q said:
PullusPardus said:
o_O.Q said:
PullusPardus said:
mantlepiecek said:

isn't online/offline competitive + coop multiplayer + treasure hunting + varying difficulty modes replay value?

o_O.Q said:

isn't online/offline competitive + coop multiplayer + treasure hunting + varying difficulty modes replay value?

Not according to pulluspardus :S

But his opinion should be ignored because he's the same person that called Fist of the North Star a great game. You know, that vile, dreadful, disgusting, clunky, repetitive game with shallow combat and horrific framerate & visuals. I don't know how anyone can enjoy this POS game. It makes me weep that people actually enjoy this mediocrity. It also makes me weep that players continue to support NIS when they just rehash the same stuff over and over again, but that is for another time.

Now on to more important matters, it should be no surprise to anyone that Uncharted 3 received a score such as this. Naughty Dog raises and sets the boundaries for quality gaming, and it looks they done it once again with Uncharted 3. Uncharted is the epitome of quality gaming because only Uncharted 3 gives gamers a compelling cinematic gaming experience unlike MGS4. MGS4 was just a movie with a few gameplay sections here and there, but Uncharted 3 seamlessly blends cutscenes and gameplay to create an unforgettable single-player experience. Not only that, but U3 also offers a fun co-op experience with a solid, competitive multiplayer.

If you can only buy one game this holiday season, well ask your parents for more money or get a $60 loan and buy Batman and Uncharted 3 because these games warrant your time and money. These games are the best games this year has to offer. Hell, these two games are two of the best this gen has to offer, and say no to mediocrity. Now hit my music.

Mirson said:
o_O.Q said:

Not according to pulluspardus :S

But his opinion should be ignored because he's the same person that called Fist of the North Star a great game. You know, that vile, dreadful, disgusting, clunky, repetitive game with shallow combat and horrific framerate & visuals. I don't know how anyone can enjoy this POS game. It makes me weep that people actually enjoy this mediocrity. It also makes me weep that players continue to support NIS when they just rehash the same stuff over and over again, but that is for another time.

Now on to more important matters, it should be no surprise to anyone that Uncharted 3 received a score such as this. Naughty Dog raises and sets the boundaries for quality gaming, and it looks they done it once again with Uncharted 3. Uncharted is the epitome of quality gaming because only Uncharted 3 gives gamers a compelling cinematic gaming experience unlike MGS4. MGS4 was just a movie with a few gameplay sections here and there, but Uncharted 3 seamlessly blends cutscenes and gameplay to create an unforgettable single-player experience. Not only that, but U3 also offers a fun co-op experience with a solid, competitive multiplayer.

If you can only buy one game this holiday season, well ask your parents for more money or get a $60 loan and buy Batman and Uncharted 3 because these games warrant your time and money. These games are the best games this year has to offer. Hell, these two games are two of the best this gen has to offer, and say no to mediocrity. Now hit my music.

i respect his opinion its just that i was trying to better understand what he mean't

anyway i agree but the sad thing for me is that my ps3 has been broken for a while so i won't be playing this too soon but i'll be sure to pick up a uc3 ps3 bundle before the year is out 

Cirio said:
non-gravity said:
but but is it better than Mass Effect 2?

Nothing but Mass Effect 3 can be better than Mass Effect 2. But Uncharted 2+3 are 3rd best :P

Well if we are really bringing other games in this thread, then MGS4 > Uncharted > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> x 1000 >>>>> Mass effect

lol I kid.

But imo Uncharted 2 > ME 2.