By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN - Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Review!!!

Tagged games:

Michael-5 said:
Don't hate me, but I disagree with IGN's review. I think IGN give high profile games higher ratings then they deserve because it will draw more fans to their website.

The reason I say this is that multiple times in the video review, he says that multiplayer isn't perfect. He said it's a big improvement over UC2 and addictive as hell, but I've played the beta, multiplayer is average.

I think the game should have gotten a 9.5/10, like it did on GameTrailers. GT seem to give more reasonable review scores now days. IGN has changed. 3 games this gen got a 10/10 already, and before that Ocarina of Time was the only one. Too much personal preference goes into IGN's reviews.

As good as the story may be, Multiplayer is average compared to the competition. This may be an amazing game single player game, but lasting appeal should not be a 10, and overall score should not be a 10. No game, except maybe something very very well made with a very broad audience, and great replay should get a 10. The 10/10 list should be limited to GTAIV and Ocarina of Time.

Disagree? Did GT5 deserve an 8.5/10? GT gave it 9/10. They are far more reasonable when it comes to scores IMHO.

GTA IV Deserves 10/10?

What a joke.

Around the Network
x_DMX_x said:
Michael-5 said:
Don't hate me, but I disagree with IGN's review. I think IGN give high profile games higher ratings then they deserve because it will draw more fans to their website.

Disagree? Did GT5 deserve an 8.5/10? GT gave it 9/10. They are far more reasonable when it comes to scores IMHO.

GTA IV Deserves 10/10?

What a joke.

Well okay, I also don't think it deserves a 10/10, but it's a game I understand getting 10/10. The gameplay is the best of it's class, and it's a type of game everyone will likely pick up and play. It took on everything (as in free exploring), and did it better then any game before it.

The only real games which deserve 10/10 are Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Chrono Trigger, and maybe Super Mario 64. FFVII is debatable along with a long line of games which are definatly 9.5/10 and above.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

yo_john117 said:
Cirio said:
non-gravity said:
but but is it better than Mass Effect 2?

Nothing but Mass Effect 3 can be better than Mass Effect 2. But Uncharted 2+3 are 3rd best :P

I have to say I can't disagree with you on that :D

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1064323p1.html

IGN, the people who gave Uncharted 3 a 10/10, also said that Mass Effect 2 is a better game then Uncharted 2, and made that article to back themselves up.

Mass Effect 3... will be huge. If IGN gave UC3 a 10/10 for a perfect story and tacked on multiplayer, I expect ME3 to get the same from them.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
yo_john117 said:
Cirio said:
non-gravity said:

Nothing but Mass Effect 3 can be better than Mass Effect 2. But Uncharted 2+3 are 3rd best :P

IGN, the people who gave Uncharted 3 a 10/10, also said that Mass Effect 2 is a better game then Uncharted 2, and made that article to back themselves up.

Mass Effect 3... will be huge. If IGN gave UC3 a 10/10 for a perfect story and tacked on multiplayer, I expect ME3 to get the same from them.

Yeah it damn well better get a perfect score from them.

Michael-5 said:
oniyide said:
Michael-5 said:

The reason I say this is that multiple times in the video review, he says that multiplayer isn't perfect. He said it's a big improvement over UC2 and addictive as hell, but I've played the beta, multiplayer is average.

I think the game should have gotten a 9.5/10, like it did on GameTrailers. GT seem to give more reasonable review scores now days. IGN has changed. 3 games this gen got a 10/10 already, and before that Ocarina of Time was the only one. Too much personal preference goes into IGN's reviews.

As good as the story may be, Multiplayer is average compared to the competition. This may be an amazing game single player game, but lasting appeal should not be a 10, and overall score should not be a 10. No game, except maybe something very very well made with a very broad audience, and great replay should get a 10. The 10/10 list should be limited to GTAIV and Ocarina of Time.

I agree with you on IGN, i remember way back in the 32bit era they were MUCH more brutal, if they gave a game a 8or 9, you bet it was worth your time. But why do you feel GTA4 and OOT deserve 10s and not U3??? You played the beta and that was just beta, for a we know they could have changed it up for launch and you didnt even touch SP, for all we know it has a better campaign than 2. OOT had no replay, its a straight SP game, why is that a ten?? GTA4, IMHO the story was boring as hell, alot of the side missions you used to do were taking out and lets be honest, how much people actually play the Multiplayer?? Its a damn ghost town when I go on. Im not trying to be a dick, just curious

Well I assume the campaign is perfect, but I don't feel a game like UC3 deserves a 10/10. GTAIV was a sandbox game. It's a game you can play for hours and hours and hours doing anything you want, and with all the experience on the PS2, they really perfected this game. However I would still say it deserves a 9.9/10 because there is no tank.

As for MGS4, I really just don't see how everyone could love the game. To some it's a 10/10, but you can't review the game for the fans, otherwise every game would get 10/10. It has flaws, it's short, load times between acts are insane, and I find the whole experience too over the top (situations are just silly at times).

Ocarina of Time deserves 10/10. It's the one game I completed to 100% as a kid, before achievements and trophies. The gameplay at the time was a decade ahead of it's time. We still see games strugling to play as smoothly and as well as Ocarina of time, and most platformers copy Zelda (and Super Mario 64 for the matter) in one way or another.

Back to UC3, playing the beta, I full out did not agree with the reviewer. He himself said it's difficult to aim at people, rewards you for too many things, and well has flaws, but it a massive improvement over UC2. Being better does not mean your perfect.

If the game is perfect, Multiplayer should have brought down the score to something between 9.5-9.8/10.

Games today get way too inflated scores. How many movies on IMDB score above 9/10? There are more great games now days then great movies, but 10/10 means the game is the best of the gen, it's a game everyone who like the genre can enjoy, and a game which introduces new elements to gaming which are just shocking. UC3 does deliver a movie like experience (I assume much better then UC2), and it may be best of the gen, especially for single player. However the replay value isn't as good as compeditors.

Dont let the Foxhound avatar fool you, i dont think MGS4 is 10 either, dont care for the online, its a bitch to set up and it is just ho-hum to play and I hated the European section. 9.5 for me.

OOT is a ten because you completed to 100% so did most of us. I would argue it was a ten at THAT time. But now?? By your own criteria it does not have replay value, so would you give it a ten today??? 

U3, did they change the aiming, I never had a problem. They reward for too many things?? I think thats a good thing. I dont know how much time you put into U2 multi but when you start to get to the level 40s its a bitch a level up. And that game had a cap of 70. I think they are trying to make the game more accesible, nothing wrong with that, thats the reason COD is where it is at today. 

I agree with you on inflated scores, but what game in Uncharted genre does it better than Uncharted??? Which of these games have better replay value?? Im asking cause i dont know, not to bust balls, I dont think it should get a ten either. But i havent played it.

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:

I think the game should have gotten a 9.5/10, like it did on GameTrailers. GT seem to give more reasonable review scores now days. IGN has changed. 4 games this gen got a 10/10 already, and before that Ocarina of Time was the only one. Too much personal preference goes into IGN's reviews.

MGS4, GTAIV, U3 and also Super mario galaxy 2 have gotten 10/10 from ign.

Michael-5 said:

what about a 9.9? not perfect but almost there.

pezus said:
Michael-5 said:
yo_john117 said:
Cirio said:
non-gravity said:

I'm sorry but if recent Bioware games are any indication there's no way in hell that ME3 gets a 10. And a perfect story?? WTH, ME2's story was just bad (while the storytelling was pretty good), gameplay was uninspired, repetitive mini-games etc. etc. 

And UC3's multiplayer is certainly not average. It's very good, not perfect but still very good. The beta did not play like the full game, so you are judging it unfairly.

Edit: And wow, I had totally forgot about this article. What a flamebait! He's trying to push his opinion on his readers: "I'm telling you that Mass Effect 2 is better than Uncharted 2. I need you to accept this. "This and the "Where in the world is Gran Turismo?" article really points out how this site works.

Not a single fan of ME 2 will accept its flaws. No one ever does it. When people say it has limited rpg elements...the answer is " you played it on easy ", when people say it has repetitive missions, the answer is "everything is repetitive".

Michael-5 said:
x_DMX_x said:
Michael-5 said:

GTA IV Deserves 10/10?

What a joke.

Well okay, I also don't think it deserves a 10/10, but it's a game I understand getting 10/10. The gameplay is the best of it's class, and it's a type of game everyone will likely pick up and play. It took on everything (as in free exploring), and did it better then any game before it.

The only real games which deserve 10/10 are Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Chrono Trigger, and maybe Super Mario 64. FFVII is debatable along with a long line of games which are definatly 9.5/10 and above.

Personally, I've never played a game that deserves a perfect 10. And I've played a loooooot of games since I started in 1988...

AMAZING!