By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN - Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Review!!!

Tagged games:

wow, i focused so much on the 3ds games i want to buy that this got completely out of the shopping list!

defintely buying this, but maybe not at launch

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network

The problem with IGN, no matter which console you have, is that if they give a low score to the game you like, then you hate them. But if they give a high score, the you fall in love to them.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

brendude13 said:
This review was written by Greg Miller, he is an irritating nerd and an obvious Playstation fanboy.

I still think it deserves the 10 though and I'm happy it got it, it's looks like a masterpeice, I cannot wait.

i wouldn't say that

he didn't really like killzone 2 and he also said that he wasn't feeling/looking forward to Ratchet and Clank All For One before it released

maybe he is just a fan of PlayStation games

but i dont know..

Michael-5 said:
yo_john117 said:
Cirio said:
non-gravity said:
but but is it better than Mass Effect 2?

Nothing but Mass Effect 3 can be better than Mass Effect 2. But Uncharted 2+3 are 3rd best :P

I have to say I can't disagree with you on that :D

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1064323p1.html

IGN, the people who gave Uncharted 3 a 10/10, also said that Mass Effect 2 is a better game then Uncharted 2, and made that article to back themselves up.

Mass Effect 3... will be huge. If IGN gave UC3 a 10/10 for a perfect story and tacked on multiplayer, I expect ME3 to get the same from them.

"tacked on multiplayer"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvTgLTrTfqE

how is the multiplayer "tacked on"?

as for ME many have said that it tries to integrate both rpg and tps elements into one package but ends up implementing both in a substandard way

"IGN, the people who gave Uncharted 3 a 10/10, also said that Mass Effect 2 is a better game then Uncharted 2, and made that article to back themselves up.

Mass Effect 3... will be huge"... yeah maybe but we still don't know for certain if it will be a better game than 2 as no one has played it in its entirety yet...

but so far most have said that uc 3 is better than 2

you people are fucking impossible!!

so now that a game got a 10 from ign you dont think it deserves it? EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED IT YET?

i cant.. *throws hands in the air*  -_-/

Around the Network
mantlepiecek said:
pezus said:
Michael-5 said:
yo_john117 said:
Cirio said:
non-gravity said:

Nothing but Mass Effect 3 can be better than Mass Effect 2. But Uncharted 2+3 are 3rd best :P

IGN, the people who gave Uncharted 3 a 10/10, also said that Mass Effect 2 is a better game then Uncharted 2, and made that article to back themselves up.

Mass Effect 3... will be huge. If IGN gave UC3 a 10/10 for a perfect story and tacked on multiplayer, I expect ME3 to get the same from them.

I'm sorry but if recent Bioware games are any indication there's no way in hell that ME3 gets a 10. And a perfect story?? WTH, ME2's story was just bad (while the storytelling was pretty good), gameplay was uninspired, repetitive mini-games etc. etc. 

And UC3's multiplayer is certainly not average. It's very good, not perfect but still very good. The beta did not play like the full game, so you are judging it unfairly.

Edit: And wow, I had totally forgot about this article. What a flamebait! He's trying to push his opinion on his readers: "I'm telling you that Mass Effect 2 is better than Uncharted 2. I need you to accept this. "This and the "Where in the world is Gran Turismo?" article really points out how this site works.

Not a single fan of ME 2 will accept its flaws. No one ever does it. When people say it has limited rpg elements...the answer is " you played it on easy ", when people say it has repetitive missions, the answer is "everything is repetitive".

Woah, hold your horses on the generalization. Mass Effect is my second favourite series this gen, but I too see that ME2 had a lot of flaws, especially when compared to the first game. Yeah the limited RPG elements are a nuisance, even when played on Insanity (which boils down to using the same skill over and over again), yeah it has repetitive missions (again when compared to ME), it has one of the worst minigames ever (the scanning mission) and they took everything I loved from the inventory management from the first one. 

But ME has and will always be about the story, which is one of the most engaging sci-fi stories ever written, be it for a videogame or any other medium, and while ME focus more on the overall story, ME2 focused more on the characters. I hope that ME3 brings the conclusion for both sides and manages to bring back some of the elements from the first one (the weapon customization seems to be overhauled from the first one, and the addition of skill trees adds much more variants to the RPG elements). 

So please, stop your pointless and ridiculous generalizations, when it's only a few members here on VGC or a few ME fans that claim that about ME2.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
mantlepiecek said:
pezus said:
Michael-5 said:
yo_john117 said:
Cirio said:
non-gravity said:

I'm sorry but if recent Bioware games are any indication there's no way in hell that ME3 gets a 10. And a perfect story?? WTH, ME2's story was just bad (while the storytelling was pretty good), gameplay was uninspired, repetitive mini-games etc. etc. 

And UC3's multiplayer is certainly not average. It's very good, not perfect but still very good. The beta did not play like the full game, so you are judging it unfairly.

Edit: And wow, I had totally forgot about this article. What a flamebait! He's trying to push his opinion on his readers: "I'm telling you that Mass Effect 2 is better than Uncharted 2. I need you to accept this. "This and the "Where in the world is Gran Turismo?" article really points out how this site works.

Not a single fan of ME 2 will accept its flaws. No one ever does it. When people say it has limited rpg elements...the answer is " you played it on easy ", when people say it has repetitive missions, the answer is "everything is repetitive".

Woah, hold your horses on the generalization. Mass Effect is my second favourite series this gen, but I too see that ME2 had a lot of flaws, especially when compared to the first game. Yeah the limited RPG elements are a nuisance, even when played on Insanity (which boils down to using the same skill over and over again), yeah it has repetitive missions (again when compared to ME), it has one of the worst minigames ever (the scanning mission) and they took everything I loved from the inventory management from the first one. 

But ME has and will always be about the story, which is one of the most engaging sci-fi stories ever written, be it for a videogame or any other medium, and while ME focus more on the overall story, ME2 focused more on the characters. I hope that ME3 brings the conclusion for both sides and manages to bring back some of the elements from the first one (the weapon customization seems to be overhauled from the first one, and the addition of skill trees adds much more variants to the RPG elements). 

So please, stop your pointless and ridiculous generalizations, when it's only a few members here on VGC or a few ME fans that claim that about ME2.

No need to get to so upset about it? Its cool you see the faults in ME 2 then.

mantlepiecek said:
lestatdark said:
mantlepiecek said:
pezus said:
Michael-5 said:
yo_john117 said:
Cirio said:
non-gravity said:

No need to do random generalizations too, that's my point. Not everyone likes to be put in groups which actions are shameful and have nothing to do with their own opinion.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
mantlepiecek said:
lestatdark said:
mantlepiecek said:
pezus said:
Michael-5 said:
yo_john117 said:
Cirio said:
non-gravity said:

No need to do random generalizations too, that's my point. Not everyone likes to be put in groups which actions are shameful and have nothing to do with their own opinion.

I guess exaggeration is just like sarcasm.

mantlepiecek said:
lestatdark said:
mantlepiecek said:
lestatdark said:
mantlepiecek said:
pezus said:
Michael-5 said:
yo_john117 said:
Cirio said:
non-gravity said:

I guess exaggeration is just like sarcasm.

Since I don't care for sarcasm and don't think that's a good quality or trait to have, I don't bother reading into it.

Current PC Build