By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN - Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Review!!!

Tagged games:

lestatdark said:
mantlepiecek said:
lestatdark said:
mantlepiecek said:

No need to get to so upset about it? Its cool you see the faults in ME 2 then.

No need to do random generalizations too, that's my point. Not everyone likes to be put in groups which actions are shameful and have nothing to do with their own opinion.

I guess exaggeration is just like sarcasm.

Since I don't care for sarcasm and don't think that's a good quality or trait to have, I don't bother reading into it.

Okay.

Chill. It was an exaggeration. You took it literally. -_-"

Around the Network

that score suprised the shit out of me!

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

what about a 9.9? not perfect but almost there.

9.8 would have been more appropriate, the MP in the beta was pretty average. I would even say bad, but people will hunt me down and eat my intestines then.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

pezus said:
Michael-5 said:
yo_john117 said:
Cirio said:
non-gravity said:
but but is it better than Mass Effect 2?

Nothing but Mass Effect 3 can be better than Mass Effect 2. But Uncharted 2+3 are 3rd best :P

I have to say I can't disagree with you on that :D

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1064323p1.html

IGN, the people who gave Uncharted 3 a 10/10, also said that Mass Effect 2 is a better game then Uncharted 2, and made that article to back themselves up.

Mass Effect 3... will be huge. If IGN gave UC3 a 10/10 for a perfect story and tacked on multiplayer, I expect ME3 to get the same from them.

I'm sorry but if recent Bioware games are any indication there's no way in hell that ME3 gets a 10. And a perfect story?? WTH, ME2's story was just bad (while the storytelling was pretty good), gameplay was uninspired, repetitive mini-games etc. etc. 

And UC3's multiplayer is certainly not average. It's very good, not perfect but still very good. The beta did not play like the full game, so you are judging it unfairly.

Edit: And wow, I had totally forgot about this article. What a flamebait! He's trying to push his opinion on his readers: "I'm telling you that Mass Effect 2 is better than Uncharted 2. I need you to accept this. "This and the "Where in the world is Gran Turismo?" article really points out how this site works.

IGN overall is a terrible site nowdays...

Mass Effect 2's story was far from perfect, but the pacing was excellent. I expected more after they passed through the Omega 4 relay. If they added 2-3 more hours post Omega 4 relay, then the story may have been as good as a WRPG could ever be. As for Gameplay, I thought it was great in ME2. You can't whine about the 3PS gameplay, the mechanics are not that different from UC2/3. Overall ME2 is a game about the story, and I know no other game which sets up the atmosphere of the game anywhere nearly as well as it, but I didn't come to this thread to compare ME to UC, both are excellent.

As for UC3 multiplayer, everyone has their own opinion. From my experience with the beta, I would actually say it's bad. I'm giving the full game a lot of credit by saying it's average. The game is clearly designed for single player, and translating slow moving, always in cover AI to multiplayer is difficult. Gears of War does it well, but campaign isn't anywhere nearly as good as UC2 (haven't played 3).

The way I look at it, UC2/3 deserve scores about the same as Gears, or slightly above (single player has a heavier weight then multiplayer in game ratings). Gears does MP well, with a good campaign, UC does campaign well with a decent MP. This isn't intended to start a flame war, so no one reply to this and say "UC is soo much better, go to hell." I'm just pointing out that UC3 has flaws, MP is far from excellent, and no game deserves a 10/10. 9.8/10 I wouldn't whine, the reviewer clearly liked MP much more then I think the game deserves, but 1 high rating won't affect the metascore that much, and I expect UC3 to get a high rating from some websites (high meaning above 9.5/10).

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Mummelmann said:

Personally, I've never played a game that deserves a perfect 10. And I've played a loooooot of games since I started in 1988...

Let me rephrase..."Deserves a 10 with IGN's high standards."

I would give Ocarina of Time a 10/10, and personally Super Mario 64 and Chrono Trigger. I beat Chrono Trigger when it was over a decade old and it's still my favorite game. The RPG elements set in that game have become almost stardard fare in any modern day JRPG. In fact all 3 of these games I say deserve a 10/10 because they introduced very balanced and revolutionary methods of gameplay in which modern games still copy. If games strive to be as good as something which is 15-20 years olf (e.g. Super Mario Galaxy's), then I say that is pretty damn close to perfect.

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
Michael-5 said:

IGN, the people who gave Uncharted 3 a 10/10, also said that Mass Effect 2 is a better game then Uncharted 2, and made that article to back themselves up.

Mass Effect 3... will be huge. If IGN gave UC3 a 10/10 for a perfect story and tacked on multiplayer, I expect ME3 to get the same from them.

"tacked on multiplayer"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvTgLTrTfqE

how is the multiplayer "tacked on"?

as for ME many have said that it tries to integrate both rpg and tps elements into one package but ends up implementing both in a substandard way

"IGN, the people who gave Uncharted 3 a 10/10, also said that Mass Effect 2 is a better game then Uncharted 2, and made that article to back themselves up.

Mass Effect 3... will be huge"... yeah maybe but we still don't know for certain if it will be a better game than 2 as no one has played it in its entirety yet...

but so far most have said that uc 3 is better than 2

Uncharted was designed to be a single player game. The gameplay isn't built to accomodate for MP. In single player most targets rush to cover and hide. AI is programed to flank you, but for the most time you fight in a relatively narrow straight line, and stay in cover playing with grenades. In MP everyone is running and gunning. People only aim from distances, and no one uses cover. It's very difficult to aim at a moving target, and bullets don't even slow down targets running directly at you. Multiplayer was forced onto Uncharted to generate sales.

I mean, do you know anyone who is buying Uncharted 3 for it's multiplayer? That's because it's average and only there to extend the gameplay of single player fans.

TPS in ME2 is about the same quality as in UC2. If it's substandard in ME2, you are just critisizng UC. Both games are hybrid genres.

Also I would hardly call the RPG elements in ME2 substandard. The atmosphere and character interactions in this game are set better then any game I have ever played.

As for the rest, I agree. However is better enough to justify perfect? You expect UC3 to be better then UC2, if it wasn't you would treat it like most people treated New Vegas.

Michael-5 said:
o_O.Q said:
Michael-5 said:

"tacked on multiplayer"

as for ME many have said that it tries to integrate both rpg and tps elements into one package but ends up implementing both in a substandard way

"IGN, the people who gave Uncharted 3 a 10/10, also said that Mass Effect 2 is a better game then Uncharted 2, and made that article to back themselves up.

Mass Effect 3... will be huge"... yeah maybe but we still don't know for certain if it will be a better game than 2 as no one has played it in its entirety yet...

Uncharted was designed to be a single player game. The gameplay isn't built to accomodate for MP. In single player most targets rush to cover and hide. AI is programed to flank you, but for the most time you fight in a relatively narrow straight line, and stay in cover playing with grenades. In MP everyone is running and gunning. People only aim from distances, and no one uses cover. It's very difficult to aim at a moving target, and bullets don't even slow down targets running directly at you. Multiplayer was forced onto Uncharted to generate sales.

I mean, do you know anyone who is buying Uncharted 3 for it's multiplayer? That's because it's average and only there to extend the gameplay of single player fans.

TPS in ME2 is about the same quality as in UC2. If it's substandard in ME2, you are just critisizng UC. Both games are hybrid genres.

Also I would hardly call the RPG elements in ME2 substandard. The atmosphere and character interactions in this game are set better then any game I have ever played.

As for the rest, I agree. However is better enough to justify perfect? You expect UC3 to be better then UC2, if it wasn't you would treat it like most people treated New Vegas.

so therefore your reason for it being tacked on and generally your percieved flaws of the game however much you may preach them like they are fact just boil down to your opinion...

awesome, well in mine uc 2/3 have the best multiplayer i've ever played in a game... so i guess the question that comes up now is who's opinion is more relevant? your's, mine or the reviewer's?

"Both games are hybrid genres."

yup doesn't mean that the mechanics for one game in the genre shared by both aren't better than the other, but if in your opinion they are even well thats your opinion

"However is better enough to justify perfect?"

no game is perfect the reviewer even says so at the end of the review but he says that what the devs accomplished with this game in his opinion ranks it as one of the best games ever made hence the score

"I mean, do you know anyone who is buying Uncharted 3 for it's multiplayer?"

um yes...

o_O.Q said:
Michael-5 said:
o_O.Q said:
Michael-5 said:

"tacked on multiplayer"

so therefore your reason for it being tacked on and generally your percieved flaws of the game however much you may preach them like they are fact just boil down to your opinion...

awesome, well in mine uc 2/3 have the best multiplayer i've ever played in a game... so i guess the question that comes up now is who's opinion is more relevant? your's, mine or the reviewer's?

yup doesn't mean that the mechanics for one game in the genre shared by both aren't better than the other, but if in your opinion they are even well thats your opinion

no game is perfect the reviewer even says so at the end of the review but he says that what the devs accomplished with this game in his opinion ranks it as one of the best games ever made hence the score

um yes...

Perfect means everyone will find it perfect. Any serious person who plays multiplayer will see UC3 multiplayer on it's own won't push consoles. It's average, it's there for the fans to extend their game time.

This is 1 review, and the reviewer himself says that MP isn't perfect, but it's better then UC2. My arguement is that better =/= perfect, and the game should not get a perfect score. Almost no game should, IGN has been handing them out like candy this gen.

In his opinion it is one of the best games he ever played. One of the best, isn't 10/10. 10/10 is the best. Get my complaint? He does this multiple times in the review, specifically for multiplayer. He mentions flaws, but ignores them in the score.

Let me rephrase that last question....Do you know anyone who is buying Uncharted 3 specifically and only for it's multiplayer? Many people who buy Halo, Gears, CoD, Battlefield, and even Lost Planet 2, but it for only it's multiplayer, but games like Dead Space 2, Bioshock 2 and Uncarted 2/3, multiplayer is a bonus. It's tacked on, and average. Had the game not included multiplayer and been 2 hours longer instead, then I wouldn't argue the 10/10, but that's not the case.

No game that isn't the best deserves 10/10, that's the bottom line.

Michael-5 said:
o_O.Q said:
Michael-5 said:
o_O.Q said:
Michael-5 said:

"tacked on multiplayer"

um yes...

Perfect means everyone will find it perfect. Any serious person who plays multiplayer will see UC3 multiplayer on it's own won't push consoles. It's average, it's there for the fans to extend their game time.

This is 1 review, and the reviewer himself says that MP isn't perfect, but it's better then UC2. My arguement is that better =/= perfect, and the game should not get a perfect score. Almost no game should, IGN has been handing them out like candy this gen.

In his opinion it is one of the best games he ever played. One of the best, isn't 10/10. 10/10 is the best. Get my complaint? He does this multiple times in the review, specifically for multiplayer. He mentions flaws, but ignores them in the score.

Let me rephrase that last question....Do you know anyone who is buying Uncharted 3 specifically and only for it's multiplayer? Many people who buy Halo, Gears, CoD, Battlefield, and even Lost Planet 2, but it for only it's multiplayer, but games like Dead Space 2, Bioshock 2 and Uncarted 2/3, multiplayer is a bonus. It's tacked on, and average. Had the game not included multiplayer and been 2 hours longer instead, then I wouldn't argue the 10/10, but that's not the case.

"Perfect means everyone will find it perfect."

wow i had no idea so you mean for instance if i said that ocarina of time in my opinion does not deserve a 10 and is one of the most overated games of all time in my opinion that you would be wrong? or is everyone supposed to fall into your line of thinking?

"Had the game not included multiplayer and been 2 hours longer instead"

did you get the game early? otherwise how can you possibly know how long it'll take you to play through it? the other thing is that even if you see it as a bonus feature are you really saying that it would be better to completely drop a feature that some may find value in just because you personally don't see the value in it?

"He mentions flaws, but ignores them in the score"

he also says in the score as i said above that no game is perfect or in other words every game has flaws and clarifies that the 10 is not a sign of a flawless game but of a game of the highest quality by the criteria he is rating the game by...

"No game that isn't the best in my opinion deserves 10/10 in my opinion, that's the bottom line." fixed

you see this is where you keep failing to grasp the concept of opinion... the person reviewing the game obviously found more value in the game than you  

Michael-5 said:
o_O.Q said:
Michael-5 said:
o_O.Q said:
Michael-5 said:

"tacked on multiplayer"

um yes...

okay i have been ignoring these ignorant posts for long enough, i cant handle it anymore.

Uncharted's multiplayer is average, What?

thats one of the most ludicrous and insane things i have ever heard. Uncharted 3 has the best multiplayer of this generation. no other game, has as verying gameplay in combat than Uncharted. no other game gives you so many ways to play. Uncharted 2 got praised like crazy for its awesome multiplayer, with reviewers saying it coud be sold for its own $60 game, and still be worth it, now they are saying Uncharted 3's is even better, and more refined and much much deeper.

and the funny thing is you talk about people trolling in the other thread.

this happens with ever PS3 game with you. 

Uncharteds multiplayer is anything but tacked on, and its got the raving reviews and huge multiplayer fanbase to prove it. Uncharted 2 still has around 50,000 people play it every day, and Uncharted had like what was it 1.53 million people, thats more than almost every single game, as well as more than Gears 3 (which was over a week longer).

and PS Uncharted is the best, so it does deserve a perfect score, and its the best at everything it does, it does everything it sets out to do, perfectly.

PSS: even if it wasnt perfect at everything (which it is) 10 score is clearly stated as not meaning perfect, as no game can be perfect.