By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm - Official Thread - Beta is a go!

Tagged games:

zarx said:
yo_john117 said:
padib said:
yo_john117 said:
padib said:
yo_john117 said:

Now to convince the system you own it, add it again with your key hopefully that'll work.

How do I go about finding the key for the game?

Assuming you bought it it should be on the box :)

Yeah that's the thing...I bought it right from their website and I don't remember how they gave me the key. Maybe they emailed it to me.

Hey bud, I can't help you there I got my copy retail. But do yourself a favor and do a search in your e-mail, even in the junk folder. Look for "Battle.net" or "activation". The last thing you want is to be upset at blizzard they make some of the best games on the planet ;)

Ok I'll search for it there.

On a different note I was trying to download the Starcraft 2 client and about halfway in  (3 hours) my internet cut out and an error message came up saying to try to download the game later >_> 

I guess I'll download it tomorrow. It's a good thing I don't have a bandwidth cap.

I wish I didn't have a data cap : (

How big is the cap set at?

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:

Currently 15GB+ unmeatered between 4-8 AM

We could move to a plan with a larger cap but then we would lose the free off-peak and considering counting off peak traffic we usally use over 100GB a month anyway it probably wouldn't be worth it...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
yo_john117 said:

We could move to a plan with a larger cap but then we would lose the free off-peak and considering counting off peak traffic we usally use over 100GB a month anyway it probably wouldn't be worth it...

Wow that is BS. Why do so many other countries have retarded bandwidth caps? High traffic use?

When I had comcast they had a 250GB cap that they didn't want you to go over and I know Quest/Century Link doesn't have a cap and the other service provider I had back in 2008 didn't either.

The other question is how much do you pay a month?

yo_john117 said:
zarx said:
yo_john117 said:

Wow that is BS. Why do so many other countries have retarded bandwidth caps? High traffic use?

When I had comcast they had a 250GB cap that they didn't want you to go over and I know Quest/Century Link doesn't have a cap and the other service provider I had back in 2008 didn't either.

$35NZ a month (just for the internet, phone line etc is more) it's basically daylight robbery lol, it is getting better slowly, the governments broadband initiative should hopefully improve the situation in the next few years, it has definatly sped up fast broadband rollout but now data caps needs to catch up more.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

zarx said:
yo_john117 said:
zarx said:
yo_john117 said:

$35NZ a month (just for the internet, phone line etc is more) it's basically daylight robbery lol, it is getting better slowly, the governments broadband initiative should hopefully improve the situation in the next few years, it has definatly sped up fast broadband rollout but now data caps needs to catch up more.

Yeah that type of cap is only realistic on less than 200 KB/s internet. That's a pretty horrible price for that too.

Here in the US Century Link is giving 12 Mb/s internet with no cap for $19.99 for 5 years garuanteed price and no contract. You really can't beat that...Too bad I was all ready on Century Link before they did that deal >_<

Around the Network

And to bump the thread a CGI Starcraft fanfilm 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

zarx said:

And to bump the thread a CGI Starcraft fanfilm 

My favourite part was when the HUSKY sign was floating through space.

Snesboy said:

My favourite part was when the HUSKY sign was floating through space.

that bit was pretty great, it was all like float, swivel, then bam "HUSKY" 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

I was dissapointed in SC2 just a weee bit. mostly because of the story.

I thought they final fantasy-ed the story with melodramaticness (I love final fantasy) but I love starcraft too. it didn't have the B-movie I guess John Carpenterish plot the original and brood war had.

But, since I don't have my hopes for that type of story anymore, I don't think this will let me down. :D

And SC2 did have some balance issues imo, when I quit playing it atleast, still better than most RTS. I just I didn't think it was as balanced as brood war or Warcraft 3.

I am excited for the next installment. I dont have time to play the multiplayer but i do enjoy the single player.