By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm - Official Thread - Beta is a go!

Tagged games:

Soleron said:
blkfish92 said:

I think it may be more complicated than we think, so far Blizz is doing a pretty good job. I say we leave it to them and see how things go.

It'd all be fine if did the following:

Swarm Host -> Lurker
Warhound+Thor -> Goliath
Mothership -> Arbiter
Viper -> Defiler
Widow Mine -> Spider Mine

Prebalanced units, they already have the art done, can just be slotted directly into multiplayer as is.

if u wanna play with those units, play Broodwar

Around the Network
radiantshadow92 said:
Soleron said:
blkfish92 said:

I think it may be more complicated than we think, so far Blizz is doing a pretty good job. I say we leave it to them and see how things go.

Swarm Host -> Lurker
Warhound+Thor -> Goliath
Mothership -> Arbiter
Viper -> Defiler

Prebalanced units, they already have the art done, can just be slotted directly into multiplayer as is.

BW is too buggy. If they fixed Dragoon pathing, muta stacking, wall consistency, drone drilling and tens of other bugs I'd play it.

Soleron said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Soleron said:
blkfish92 said:

Swarm Host -> Lurker
Warhound+Thor -> Goliath
Mothership -> Arbiter
Viper -> Defiler

BW is too buggy. If they fixed Dragoon pathing, muta stacking, wall consistency, drone drilling and tens of other bugs I'd play it.

Play a brood war mod in SC2.

Snesboy said:
Soleron said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Soleron said:
blkfish92 said:

Swarm Host -> Lurker
Warhound+Thor -> Goliath
Mothership -> Arbiter
Viper -> Defiler

I do but other people are hardly ever online.

Anyway my point was that these "new" units are just dumbed down versions of the BW units I listed. If they were striking out in a new direction I'd have no problem (I like banelings and blink-stalkers and banshees because they make the game deeper).

I play the game because of Esports/tournaments. The changes would make for a better esport to watch and hence a more fun game to play. Watching some 50apm ladder hero beating 3-time MSL winner Jaedong because they can both 1A deathballs into each other is depressing.

Soleron said:
Snesboy said:
Soleron said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Soleron said:
blkfish92 said:

Swarm Host -> Lurker
Warhound+Thor -> Goliath
Mothership -> Arbiter
Viper -> Defiler

Anyway my point was that these "new" units are just dumbed down versions of the BW units I listed. If they were striking out in a new direction I'd have no problem (I like banelings and blink-stalkers and banshees because they make the game deeper).

I play the game because of Esports/tournaments. The changes would make for a better esport to watch and hence a more fun game to play. Watching some 50apm ladder hero beating 3-time MSL winner Jaedong because they can both 1A deathballs into each other is depressing.

maybe u overexxagerate just a bit....

Around the Network
radiantshadow92 said:
Soleron said:
Snesboy said:
Soleron said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Soleron said:
blkfish92 said:

Swarm Host -> Lurker
Warhound+Thor -> Goliath
Mothership -> Arbiter
Viper -> Defiler

Not really. Watching Jaedong get 200/200 roaches with impeccable macro and losing them to a 1A protoss army was incredibly painful.

Soleron said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Soleron said:
Snesboy said:
Soleron said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Soleron said:
blkfish92 said:

Swarm Host -> Lurker
Warhound+Thor -> Goliath
Mothership -> Arbiter
Viper -> Defiler

Not really. Watching Jaedong get 200/200 roaches with impeccable macro and losing them to a 1A protoss army was incredibly painful.

TT....first of all roaches are also a 1a unit...second of all, raoches are tier 1 and terribly supply inefficient. So yes, he probably should have lost that. Even tho i have never seen it, maybe u should post a vod or something cuz that doesnt sound like a pro level match. If u post the vod i can analyze the replay for u and tell u the real reason he lost.

Maybe someone here can help me. I have been trying to play some custom scenarios but I can't get them to load properly. Has anyone tried the SC1 remake for SC2 scenario? and if so how did you guys install the mod file and map files and quick launcher. I have tried everything I can find on internet forums but no luck yet.