By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm - Official Thread - Beta is a go!

Tagged games:

padib said:

If he bought the game and registered it on B.Net, shouldn't he be able to download it. Or at least shouldn't his account say he owns the game? Is it a bug or just a big mistake on Blizz's part there?

Yeah, it should. I added to my original post.

Around the Network
Snesboy said:
yo_john117 said:
zarx said:
yo_john117 said:
Wow only 2 replies? (3 now) That's just sad for how much work went into this thread.

OT: I won't be getting this cause I got screwed out of my Starcraft 2: WOL digital copy off Blizzard

TBH very little effort went into the thread Q&P is my friend 

Also how did that happen? 

I bought it in June and downloaded it to my really nice laptop that I had but then I ended up bringing the laptob back and getting a car and a non-gaming laptop. A couple of months went by and I decided I wanted to download the game onto the new laptop but when I went on my account it said I didn't own Starcraft 2: WOL...so yeah I'm not happy with Blizzard at all. 

Lesson learned, don't do that shit. You should still have your battle.net account so you can just get the files and executable and log in anyway.

Also lesson learned, don't buy a laptop to begin with. In fact, they're terrible and overpriced.

EDIT: You should be able to download the game client.  https://us.battle.net/account/management/

Click on SCII WoL. On the right, click download game client. On the next page, pick your OS.

Wow it shows me as not owning Starcraft 2 but when I went to download game clients like you said it showed up. 

Figures it would be something stupidly simple like that.

padib said:
yo_john117 said:
Snesboy said:
yo_john117 said:
zarx said:
yo_john117 said:
Wow only 2 replies? (3 now) That's just sad for how much work went into this thread.

OT: I won't be getting this cause I got screwed out of my Starcraft 2: WOL digital copy off Blizzard

TBH very little effort went into the thread Q&P is my friend 

Also how did that happen? 

I bought it in June and downloaded it to my really nice laptop that I had but then I ended up bringing the laptob back and getting a car and a non-gaming laptop. A couple of months went by and I decided I wanted to download the game onto the new laptop but when I went on my account it said I didn't own Starcraft 2: WOL...so yeah I'm not happy with Blizzard at all. 

Lesson learned, don't do that shit. You should still have your battle.net account so you can just get the files and executable and log in anyway.

Also lesson learned, don't buy a laptop to begin with. In fact, they're terrible and overpriced.

EDIT: You should be able to download the game client.  https://us.battle.net/account/management/

Click on SCII WoL. On the right, click download game client. On the next page, pick your OS.

Wow it shows me as not owning Starcraft 2 but when I went to download game clients like you said it showed up. 

Figures it would be something stupidly simple like that.

Now to convince the system you own it, add it again with your key hopefully that'll work.

How do I go about finding the key for the game?

padib said:

Assuming you bought it it should be on the box :)

I think he brought it online...

I assume he would have been emailed the key, but I don't know.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

I can't wait lol, new units look sick!

Around the Network

Woooooooooow! Can't wait!!!

Good job on the OP as well!

Mummelmann said:
Woooooooooow! Can't wait!!!

Good job on the OP as well!

thank PCGamer they did most of the work, I just added a trailer ans some links to previews ; )

I was going to do my own wright up but then I got lazy and decided that other people's work was probably better than anything I was going to do. Maybe as more info is revealed I will customise the OP more.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

padib said:
yo_john117 said:

Now to convince the system you own it, add it again with your key hopefully that'll work.

Yeah that's the thing...I bought it right from their website and I don't remember how they gave me the key. Maybe they emailed it to me.

padib said:
yo_john117 said:
padib said:
yo_john117 said:

Yeah that's the thing...I bought it right from their website and I don't remember how they gave me the key. Maybe they emailed it to me.

Hey bud, I can't help you there I got my copy retail. But do yourself a favor and do a search in your e-mail, even in the junk folder. Look for "Battle.net" or "activation". The last thing you want is to be upset at blizzard they make some of the best games on the planet ;)

Ok I'll search for it there.

On a different note I was trying to download the Starcraft 2 client and about halfway in  (3 hours) my internet cut out and an error message came up saying to try to download the game later >_> 

I guess I'll download it tomorrow. It's a good thing I don't have a bandwidth cap.

yo_john117 said:
padib said:
yo_john117 said:
padib said:
yo_john117 said:

Hey bud, I can't help you there I got my copy retail. But do yourself a favor and do a search in your e-mail, even in the junk folder. Look for "Battle.net" or "activation". The last thing you want is to be upset at blizzard they make some of the best games on the planet ;)

Ok I'll search for it there.

On a different note I was trying to download the Starcraft 2 client and about halfway in  (3 hours) my internet cut out and an error message came up saying to try to download the game later >_> 

I guess I'll download it tomorrow. It's a good thing I don't have a bandwidth cap.

I wish I didn't have a data cap : (

@TheVoxelman on twitter