By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you wonder why humanity hasn't advanced much?

Next big innovation from Humanity even if its not within our lifetime.

Light Speed Travel 8 6.25%

Flying Cars 4 3.13%

Discover a habitable planet 13 10.16%

Cure a deadly disease such as HIV or Cancer 63 49.22%

Robots thinking for thems... 14 10.94%

Finding Alien life (freindly hopefully) 4 3.13%

Teleportation 6 4.69%

Something i didn't list 16 12.50%

Total:128

Technology is amazing. To think we used to use magazines...

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

The Internet has massively changed the world and its fairly new.

The cellphone has massively changed the world and its younger.

Fiber optics has massively changed the world and its even younger.

I could go on but what's the point. It appears as if you are truly ignoring the massive changes in human society, technology, medicine, transportation, raw knowledge, etc that has happened in the last few decades even, let alone during the 20th century.

Are we living in the world the Jetson's previewed in the 60's and 80's? No. However, have we created a ton of the completely absurd items found Star Trek? Absolutely.

I really think you are ignoring a ton of blatant evidence.

there the air powered car?

also, white wemen with ass.

...says the guy on the internet, specifically on a site dedicated to highly advanced artificial interavctive environments.

We've advanced plenty. It's just that whenever we reach the future, it becomes the present, and therefore mundane.

Love and tolerate.

Talking about technology, I think we've made much more progress than all other species. Well, maybe the vaquita has done more progress than us.

Around the Network

I am not at all impressed with human technology. Why have not we conquered a humanoid alien species yet? Why have we not built a Dyson sphere around a nearby sun? Why have not evolved superior mutant powers yet? We don't even have real force fields yet! This especially disgusts me because we definitely need shields around all of the battleships in our Starship war armada.

One last question, why have we not even found the city of Atlantis and harnessed the power of their crystals to power giant 70 meter tall humanoid battle robots?

Humanity has really been a let down =(

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Here is an example of something awesome that has been invented recently, a skin gun for burn victims.

EDIT: I embeded it but it had a graphic thumbnail so I'm going to link it, obv its kind of graphic - here

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

We were supposed to have flying cars like decades ago according to several science fiction books/movies.

Metallicube said:

We were supposed to have flying cars like decades ago according to several science fiction books/movies.

Yeah but those sci-fi novels didn't have to deal with air traffic.