By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you wonder why humanity hasn't advanced much?

Next big innovation from Humanity even if its not within our lifetime.

Light Speed Travel 8 6.25%

Flying Cars 4 3.13%

Discover a habitable planet 13 10.16%

Cure a deadly disease such as HIV or Cancer 63 49.22%

Robots thinking for thems... 14 10.94%

Finding Alien life (freindly hopefully) 4 3.13%

Teleportation 6 4.69%

Something i didn't list 16 12.50%

Total:128
NobleTeam360 said:

Im talking like in terms of flying cars, space exploration etc.... it seems like we as a species haven't made very many advancements. Or maybe i just expect to much from Humanity.

Errrr, there have been plenty of advancements in space exploration, just a few years ago we didn't even know that other stars had planets, now we're aware of hundreds of them. Just last year it was discovered that the physics of the universe is different in different locations.

Flying cars? The reason we don't have those is because they're not practical, and incredibly dangerous.

As for technological advancement, we have the Internet; not to long ago we started having the Internet on our phones, and it is more widely integrated into our society than any Science Fiction movie thought it would be. The Internet is practical.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
Ok im talking about ground breaking stuff that changes the world

I think the Internet did more for the world than a flying car would.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

snakenobi said:
NinjaguyDan said:
snakenobi said:

robots as they will end slavery and economic slavery.

Or...  they will make humans obsolete.

how?

The same way like automation replaced jobs of humans and raised the unemployment rate.

Cirio said:
What? I could list plenty of groundbreaking medical and scientific advancements made in the past 10 years alone. And how can we go from Point A to Point C without reaching Point B?

Teleportation.

No offence but humanity has advanced more in the last 100-200 years then they did over thousands in the past. I mean why is it humans were fighting with bows and arrows for so many hundreds of years? Why is it took so long for gun powder to be invented? I mean the technological advancements have been astounding since the automobile. We have phones, internet , cars, computers, planes all invented in the last few hundred years.

Man has landed on the moon linked almost every citizen together with a global network of phones, radio's and computers. Go back 200 years and tell them everything you are doing today. You will confuse the hell out of them, we are so much more advanced its not even funny. Then go back to the Roman Empire and try to explain what we have done. Then try the stone age.

Man kind has advanced at such a rapid rate lately their is real no argument that we aren't advancing healthily.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network
Troll_Whisperer said:
We'll discover habitable planets first. Not by actually visiting them, but with telescopes and such from Earth.

AFAIK, we already did that. They planets similar to earth, with an Atmosphere, regulated temperatures and even oxygen and water. Sadly, they're lightyears away, so there's no way we can reach them...yet.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

hentai_11 said:
snakenobi said:
NinjaguyDan said:
snakenobi said:

how?

The same way like automation replaced jobs of humans and raised the unemployment rate.

Apparnetly now they're close to having computers that mimic the human brain. It's possible to concieve the human brain being transferred from a human to a machine, thus making a person immortal. I'm not sure if that would still be considered humans being replaced by robots. 

Silver-Tiger said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
We'll discover habitable planets first. Not by actually visiting them, but with telescopes and such from Earth.

AFAIK, we already did that. They planets similar to earth, with an Atmosphere, regulated temperatures and even oxygen and water. Sadly, they're lightyears away, so there's no way we can reach them...yet.

Weren't these planets too big (and therefore with too strong a gravity) for humans? Also, are you sure they had significan amounts of oxygen? Because as far as I know, I think the only way that could happen is if there was life to synthesise it.

Anyway, if they havn't been discovered yet, that would definitely be the next thing we'll discover I think. It's a matter of a few years.

And yeah, we can't reach them, nor we will be able to in the next few centuries IMO.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

hentai_11 said:
snakenobi said:
NinjaguyDan said:
snakenobi said:

how?

thats always gonna happen with any kind of technology

but that isn't making humans obsolete but creating new ways to employ people

like with automation the production got a speedy so humans can do other kinds of work and faster

new jobs of new kind will keep creating

silicon said:
hentai_11 said:
snakenobi said:
NinjaguyDan said:
snakenobi said:

how?

Apparnetly now they're close to having computers that mimic the human brain. It's possible to concieve the human brain being transferred from a human to a machine, thus making a person immortal. I'm not sure if that would still be considered humans being replaced by robots. 

they have computer mimicking human brain to find medical solutions

they don't have a computer which can act like a human brain

about your  immotal comment?it will never happen as robots are not sentient beings so they will not be able to feel or perceive the reality.