By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you wonder why humanity hasn't advanced much?

Next big innovation from Humanity even if its not within our lifetime.

Light Speed Travel 8 6.25%

Flying Cars 4 3.13%

Discover a habitable planet 13 10.16%

Cure a deadly disease such as HIV or Cancer 63 49.22%

Robots thinking for thems... 14 10.94%

Finding Alien life (freindly hopefully) 4 3.13%

Teleportation 6 4.69%

Something i didn't list 16 12.50%

Total:128
leatherhat said:
NYANKS said:
We've made advancements, but many aren't super evident. Imagine what cars and planes must have first been like to people. Space exploration is a huge advancement, it will be a long process.

Which happened sixty years ago.

I meant the process though, we're in the infancy of space exploration.  We can't even terraform planets yet!  But yeah, wrong wording.

Around the Network

I think the op needs to realise that under 100 years humans have done a lot. Maybe you think we're in a slow period right now but you gotta realise that technology and social advancements go faster than people can adapt. Human life has changed drasticaly in the last century compared to the last 30 000 years. The was barely one bilion people on earth a century ago and now we're at 7 bilion, people knew other countries through stories and books, now it's easy for almost anyone to travel a bit. Think that about 50 years ago a computer could barely fit in your appartment and had the power of a pocket calculator.

120 years ago people were riding horses and didn't know what planes were. No electricity for most, people used to die at the age of 60>. Not so long ago women were considered unable to think therefore not able to vote, black people were segregated and now America has a black president, In 1978 the year I was born I could tell someone that a black man would ruleAmerica and I think people would not only laugh at me but beat me too.

All you got to know is that in order to get things to advance where you want them other things has to advance first. Like building the LHC takes years. But it takes years to build only because of the technology we currently have, go back a century ago and it would take decades and go back like a thousand year ago and it would take you 3-4 generations to build the entire structure. Once the structure is built you need people to know how it works and understand the data. Such knowledge takes years in studying. It takes decades to understand what a photon was, then more years to realise we could use them.

I don't think you realise how fast humans have gone technology, socialy and culturaly in the past century... it's just incredible. Ask people that have over 90 years old, they'll tell you...

NobleTeam360 said:
ctalkeb said:
I never wonder about this, because we have.

Have you considered taking a history class? Or, if you're not out of high school, paying attention in the ones you're required to go to. 

Do you have a link to back up your statement or are you just spewing out information you have no clue about?

When i say Light speed travel i mean humans actually being able to travel at that speed not particles , when i say discover a habitable planet i mean humans actually landing on the ground and living there. I think you get my point

It was a reply to the thread title, not any specific idea in the OP.

Patent lawyers will knock on your door if you dare try to invent something.

What? I could list plenty of groundbreaking medical and scientific advancements made in the past 10 years alone. And how can we go from Point A to Point C without reaching Point B?

Around the Network

we can travel faster than sound
we have been on the moon and have landed machines on other planets.
we have built building taller than some mountains
we have dived to the bottom of the ocean
we have cured thousands of diseases
we harnessed the power of electricity
we can talk to people on the other side of the world
we have weapons that can destroy countries/ the planet
we can make virgins pregnant -In vitro fertilisation
we have harnassed the power of sub atomic particles to create energy(nuclear and fusion energy)

we sound like gods lol

and thats just in the last 150 years or so.....I am sure in another 150 years we will have an equally impressive list.

Humanity is advancing faster than ever.

Ok im talking about ground breaking stuff that changes the world

Teleportation would be cool.

A simple, clean, relatively inexpensive way of generating electricity.

Break The Chains!

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK