By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 vs F4 graphics (from in cockpit)/sound youtube comparison video--updated with DF comparison.

What is better for each game?

Sound: Forza 4 29 6.26%

Sound: GT5 6 1.30%

Graphics: Forza 4 14 3.02%

Graphics: GT5 67 14.47%

Sound/Graphics: Forza 4 109 23.54%

Sound/Graphics: GT5 144 31.10%

Sound: Both about the same 1 0.22%

Graphics: Both about the same 6 1.30%

Sound/Graphics: Both about the same 16 3.46%

See results. 69 14.90%

Total:461

And to those saying the track is too bright it's basically a desert. Is the high contrast and high bloom effects in Uncharted 3's desert overdone or too bright? No..

Is the light in my signature picture overdone or too bright? No.. or this picture I just captured.. No..

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:

Show me a standard car in GT5 that looks better then a car in Forza 4.

No interior view of course.

GOOD STANDARD 

BAD STANDARD

Michael-5 said:
Aldro said:

Overdone lightning =

The game does ask you to adjust your brightness. Even then, step outside on a nice sunny day. Is this not what you see? This is what I see, and I have 20/20. Remember, it's fall now, Forza depicts summer brightness.

Not mine budd. A reviewer, and his take is =

"The lighting is of course the biggest difference. But it is evident that Turn 10 has been so proud of their new lighting system that they have been going a bit crazy . Completely. Some courses in some curves with the sun in a certain way, the entire game look like a cake of hair gel and polished glass.

Yuck!''

ethomaz said:
Michael-5 said:

Show me a standard car in GT5 that looks better then a car in Forza 4.

No interior view of course.

GOOD STANDARD 

BAD STANDARD

Only one Fiat Punto in FM4, besides the lighting is way too bright and overdone in your first picture. You can't even see the sky... its just white.. *rolls eyes*

http://forzamotorsports.dyndns.org/test/read.cgi/forza4/1318555194/

Around the Network

I don't see a big difference TBH. Light is brighter in Forza, and the colour of the ground is different for some reason, I don't know which is more accurate.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

yeah the lighting is sick in forza but it's not to much it's just that no other game ever had this lighting so we think it's to much. if i walk along a road with a blue sky and the midday sun then yes, the street is one bright plane for me. now they put this in a game and most people say it's to much because other games don't have this but that's how a street looks in midday sun without clouds. there are most parts without this lighting but yes on some tracks on some special points you have this but the other parts show that it's just on part of the lighting

and to the guy who asked where the gras in laguna seca is because in gt5 there is everything full of gras:

http://maps.google.de/maps?q=laguna+seca+race+track&hl=de&ll=36.582504,-121.757387&spn=0.006651,0.013937&sll=-33.99116,18.44583&sspn=0.028466,0.055747&vpsrc=0&hq=laguna+seca+race+track&radius=15000&t=h&layer=c&cbll=36.582512,-121.757137&panoid=MeZfrPhmKxLAT7jnUwgzjw&cbp=12,43.71,,0,11.78&z=17

trasharmdsister12 said:
crissindahouse said:

yeah the lighting is sick in forza but it's not to much it's just that no other game ever had this lighting so we think it's to much.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit uses IBL.

yeah i'm not sure if other games have it i'm just saying that it's like that in reality as well sometimes and i bet in 10 years a lot of games will do it like this.

i bet 90% of people who played both titles will say forza has better graphics and i think better sound as well. the only poor in forza's graphic is that there is 2d audience sometimes like the photo i posted in another thread.

no you were right i said no other game has it but because i didn't know it haha

my english is just too bad.

No offence to any Forza fan, but in Forza all the cars sound like F1 racers, a Mazda doesn't sound like this, this is a sound you find on a buffed up ferrari racer.