By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 vs F4 graphics (from in cockpit)/sound youtube comparison video--updated with DF comparison.

What is better for each game?

Sound: Forza 4 29 6.26%

Sound: GT5 6 1.30%

Graphics: Forza 4 14 3.02%

Graphics: GT5 67 14.47%

Sound/Graphics: Forza 4 109 23.54%

Sound/Graphics: GT5 144 31.10%

Sound: Both about the same 1 0.22%

Graphics: Both about the same 6 1.30%

Sound/Graphics: Both about the same 16 3.46%

See results. 69 14.90%

Total:461
Aldro said:
Michael-5 said:
Aldro said:

Overdone lightning =

The game does ask you to adjust your brightness. Even then, step outside on a nice sunny day. Is this not what you see? This is what I see, and I have 20/20. Remember, it's fall now, Forza depicts summer brightness.

Not mine budd. A reviewer, and his take is =

"The lighting is of course the biggest difference. But it is evident that Turn 10 has been so proud of their new lighting system that they have been going a bit crazy . Completely. Some courses in some curves with the sun in a certain way, the entire game look like a cake of hair gel and polished glass.

Yuck!''

I'm going to have to agree with Michael-5 on this one. I have said this same thing myself many times. When people play games inside their homes so much, they forget just how real life can look sometimes. I have 20/13 vision and when I look outside at a bright sunny day, the cars and environments look almost exactly like they do in Forza 4, and I've only played the demo/seen the screenshots.

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
No offence to any Forza fan, but in Forza all the cars sound like F1 racers, a Mazda doesn't sound like this, this is a sound you find on a buffed up ferrari racer.

not really... i thought the same in the video but the cars i drove don't sound like f1. i think every car i drove sounds different to the other cars. sure i didn't drive all of them only like 30 different till now. it's the best sound i've ever heard in a racing game except the crash sound which always sounds dumb.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
jedians said:
My preferred console is the ps3.I just want to know 1 thing from ps3 gamers that if GT5 is better than Forza 4 than why GT5 got lower critics review than Forza 4?

As per crictics Forza 4 is scoring far better than GT5 till now.

look at the reviews and read them before you give to cents about a score. a score means shit and so does metric. if thats how you choose your games then maybe you shouldn't be a gamer.

whts the review score for both games on this site? GT5 scored an 8.8 and Forza scored a 9/10. Forza got better scores in gameplay 9.5/10 an presentation

an GT5 got a 9.5 value score which means GT5 is the better value. at the end of the day its about what you want. VGC gave Forza4 a better score, but GT5 is the better value.

and as for all those metric reviews or average percentage or what ever. i've read mostly all of the reviews on GT5 and they only had a complaint about the grapic's so GT5 being a few points in most review scores behind Forza means nothing.

don't ask questions like that. bother reading more then 5 reivews and get a true perspective.

there both great value people so enjoy them! read the reviews not just the score or you won't look to bright.

Refere undrlined statements

(1) What i know is that most gamers checks reviews first before investing their money.Anyways  i will read from now atleast 5 reviews for a game to get true perspective.

(2) Asking question is a right of every gamer or person out here.What was in my mind i asked.U clarify some points so thanks for that

I love my Gt5 but all forza needs to do is be consistant and it has GT beat. You cant have the king of racers have as many weak points as gt has.

Now i don't think its really fairish. Only because Gt doesnt release on a yearly basis, that's not turn 10s fault though, poly is slow as shit. But they just keep upgrading an old game until its better with a new game each year where gt is just upgraded through updates and not a new game. I think GT would be the better game if it was as consistant with its graphic, tracks, and such.

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

Aldro said:
ethomaz said:
IMO.

- Environments look better in Forza 4

- Cars looks better in GT5 (Forza 4 has the same quality of some Standard cars)
- Sound is better in GT5
- Track is better in GT5

There are more... but in the video I can just see it.

Pretty much this.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
PullusPardus said:
No offence to any Forza fan, but in Forza all the cars sound like F1 racers, a Mazda doesn't sound like this, this is a sound you find on a buffed up ferrari racer.

not really... i thought the same in the video but the cars i drove don't sound like f1. i think every car i drove sounds different to the other cars. sure i didn't drive all of them only like 30 different till now. it's the best sound i've ever heard in a racing game except the crash sound which always sounds dumb.

Every "Everyday" car in forza games sounds like a racer car, and also "feels" lot faster than it is in reality,its so you don't feel like "damn this car is so boring and slow" . and make every car exciting to drive, i think forza trying to appeal to the speed lovers than car inthusiasts , this isn't really what sims are made for

as for that Mazda car, it doesn't sound like that, Ever, even when its buffed up and spec'd up, like i said, they're trying to make even the standard roadster cars  feel exciting and powerful.

nightsurge said:
Aldro said:
Michael-5 said:
Aldro said:

Overdone lightning =

The game does ask you to adjust your brightness. Even then, step outside on a nice sunny day. Is this not what you see? This is what I see, and I have 20/20. Remember, it's fall now, Forza depicts summer brightness.

Not mine budd. A reviewer, and his take is =

"The lighting is of course the biggest difference. But it is evident that Turn 10 has been so proud of their new lighting system that they have been going a bit crazy . Completely. Some courses in some curves with the sun in a certain way, the entire game look like a cake of hair gel and polished glass.

Yuck!''

I'm going to have to agree with Michael-5 on this one. I have said this same thing myself many times. When people play games inside their homes so much, they forget just how real life can look sometimes. I have 20/13 vision and when I look outside at a bright sunny day, the cars and environments look almost exactly like they do in Forza 4, and I've only played the demo/seen the screenshots.

It looks like it would if you take a picture with a digital camera, but not how it looks while looking at it with your eyes. Not on the brightest day of the year have I ever had a problem with the sky or road looking bleached out, while objects closer by look dark. You do get the heat shimmer on hot road surfaces making the road look wet and reflecting the sky at a certain distance ahead. And the sun reflecting of the metal and window surfaces of cars shining into your eyes. Neither game simulates either of that.

When the sun is shining directly into your eyes you have problems seeing, but you have sun visors for that in normal cars.

Michael-5 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

ok Therese allot of crazy post in this thread, so i'll say what i see.

Forza is brighter then GT5 until the sun passes inside the car on the inside of the GT5 car.

as for this stupid audio argument. i heard one car sound so the audio comment is stupid and unfounded.

Forza tries to show more detail by being brighter and it works for the road, but not the cockpit. that cockpit is just blurry and i have 20/20 vision so don't try to argue this point.

GT5's lighting when the sun passes inside the car shows as light and not something made to make the car more detailed. GT5's sunlight is done perfectly.

last but not least Seece and op. your right it doesn't matter. growing up is a part of life for some and for others...............................................................

Inside the cockpit in GT5, shadows are very pixelated, and texture detail isn't as good as Forza 4. I mean look at the vinyl dash specifically, Forza really did that well. srry i really can't tell. i don't see it.

Trust me on audio, Forza is better. I have really insane sense of hearing (I can hear mute on old cathode ray tv's, they weren't 100% mute), and 20/20 vision like you. i'll give you this one.

Forza 4 tries to show more detail by having glossy metal surfaces, and it works because the ray scattering engine reflects light off surfaces much better then any other game I have ever seen. Inside it's not as good, but still better then GT5, but not by much. Knobs, stereo's, gauges, displays, all look better in Forza 4, but I think that the leather sticthing on the steering wheel (and the seats in rear in car view) is supperior to Forza, but just. Overall I would say Forza looks more authentic, and detailed. well really there wasn't enough lite in GT5 for me to tell. Forza4 seemed to be trying to hard on the inside of the car only. i think on the outside Forza hit its mark. considering GT5'S night and day time abilities i'll have to watch it at noon. aw man its going to rain today. i guess i'll have to wait lol. seriously its going to rain where i'm at.

GT5's sunlight is far from perfect, as I mentioned earlier, in car it's very pixelated, and even when you follow another car closely, you see pretty large pixels. Forza 4 does lighting better. still there wasn't enough light in GT5 for me to tell pluse i was half sleep when i posted lol. 

In the end, I'm just happy Forza 4 looks a lot better then GT5. It's going to make GT6 an amazing game. Competition brews quality. GT5 is king.  FORZA4 is king. if competition helps then i'm all for it.

you know there is one thing allot of people are forgetting that i know you will agree with. GT5 is very early 7th gen. i mean GT5 started dev. on PS2 so when you think about it the 2 can't becompared.

now if GT6 hits PS3 then we'll beable to have a real debate about it. but as it stands there really is no need for comparison.

kowenicki said:
PullusPardus said:
crissindahouse said:
PullusPardus said:

Every "Everyday" car in forza games sounds like a racer car, and also "feels" lot faster than it is in reality,its so you don't feel like "damn this car is so boring and slow" . and make every car exciting to drive, i think forza trying to appeal to the speed lovers than car inthusiasts , this isn't really what sims are made for

as for that Mazda car, it doesn't sound like that, Ever, even when its buffed up and spec'd up, like i said, they're trying to make even the standard roadster cars  feel exciting and powerful.

how does it "feel" faster, if it isnt faster, what does that even mean?

I know they arent faster becaaue I have taken the Ki Cee'd around the top gear track and I cant get near the best celebs times from the show...  The kia cee'd also sounds like shit (as it should)

it feels faster because of the engine sounds and the silk smooth driving, as if the cars are hovering over the track.

Aldro said:

Overdone lightning =

damn is that Forza4? the lighting is way over done.