By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 vs F4 graphics (from in cockpit)/sound youtube comparison video--updated with DF comparison.

What is better for each game?

Sound: Forza 4 29 6.26%

Sound: GT5 6 1.30%

Graphics: Forza 4 14 3.02%

Graphics: GT5 67 14.47%

Sound/Graphics: Forza 4 109 23.54%

Sound/Graphics: GT5 144 31.10%

Sound: Both about the same 1 0.22%

Graphics: Both about the same 6 1.30%

Sound/Graphics: Both about the same 16 3.46%

See results. 69 14.90%

Total:461
Michael-5 said:
ethomaz said:

yo_john117 said:

Wait so when you play the GT5 campaign you can't set it to be as realistic as the game can get? That seems a bit ridiculous if true.

That's not the case... most of campaign settings are pre-defined and you can't change it... so in the campaing (A-Spec or B-Spec) just the Endurance races have Tire Grip set to "Real".

Every other mode you can set these options manually.

What's the truth behind damage?

In GT5 I'm level 19, and I have not once played with damage in the game (I never played GT5 online when my PS3 worked, but I tried all other modes). I read online that cosmatic damage unlocks at lvl 20, and simulation damage (while minimal) at level 40. I've seen my friend play with cosmetic damage and he was lvl 24, so I assumed the lvl 20/40 thing was true, but in the past debates with you, you have told me I am incorrect.

The truth... well the damage is unlucked in your first race already... there nothing to do with level.

The comestics damages is just different for the cars... the premium have strong damage and the some standard have medium ou low cosmetic damage. The mechanical damage... there are a bug in the game that disable the mechanical damage in Online and Arcade races... but after the patch 1.03 all have been fixed .

And there are the campaign (A-Spec or B-Spec)... theses modes had no mechanical damage or minium in the last levels (eg. Endurances)... maybe because that people thing the level system unlock the mechanical damage... some races (eg. Endurances) just unlock after lvl. 30.

For sure...  comestics and  mechanical damages is unlocked at beginning for all modes except A-Spec and B-Spec (well comestic damage is for all).

Around the Network
pezus said:
Michael-5 said:
ils411 said:
Michael-5 said:

I love Japanese sports cars from the 90's, but how many do you really need? I like cars from other ends of the world too though, and for a racing sim Ferrarri's are much more important then a bunch of Civics.

I mean 13 S200's, there are more Honda S2000's then Ferrarri's in GT5, does that sound like an even distribution? Only 4 of those S2000's are structurally different as well (the other 9 are repeats from different regions, only changes are cosmetic like being RHD or LHD, or not related to the performance aspect of the car, like having a slightly different transmission to improve reliability).

pezus General Motors, and The Volkswagon Automotive Group are both larger then Toyota (ATM) and these three companies typically battle for the largest manufacter of automobiles. 1 company per region. So No Japanese cars aren't the most popular, it's a 3 way split between regions.

Also we only car about sports cars for Racing sims, car sales in volume are generally economy cars.

Do you really want cars like the 1972 Honda Odyssey, 1995 Daihatsu Move, 1983 Honda City, Nissan Cube 1998, and other shit cars like this?

And honestly, 3 Mustangs despite being on the market for nearly 50 years, but 68 Skylines?

Is that at all fair? You know how many awesome mustangs there are compared to essentially only 9 or 10 different models of Skyline?

Well, I prefere Japanese cars over American cars so a whole lota skylines and such doesn't bother me and 1 to 2 mustang is enough. My bro's first car ever was a 1998 Dihatsu hatchback. It was so slow  and ugly that I could just cry thinking about it. But it was his first car and the 1st car I got to drive a lot. Even if it sucks balls, being able to drive something like it in a sim brings back a lot of memories. So, yeah, Its cool that GT5 has cars like that.

When I was in high school, I dreamed of a 1995 honda civic, toyota corolla and mitsubishi lancer.  Never got to own a corolla or a lancer (though I did get the 1995 civic which i still own today and still prefer over any new car out there) and getting to drive cars like them, even in a sim is a dream come true.

Different folks, different strocks. So Its best we drop the car counting and stuff since car selections is more on personal taste and preferences.

Lets just say that both have a shit load of cars and you'll most likely find a car or ten that you like in both games.

Cars like that don't belong in a racing sim. Go get the traffic simulator they use to teach kids to drive and drive it there.

It's nice to be able to drive your own car in the game, but there is an extent to where this should be implemented. To allow everyone to drive their first car would mean we need a car roster of over 10,000 cars, and it's unfair that someone like you gets to drive their first car in a sim, but others, like me, don't.

My first car to drive was a 1986 Benz SEC 560, and that's far more appropriate of a car to put in the game then 20 Dahatsu's. You only need 1 or 2, the differences between models is tiny and insignificant.

It's nice that you can drive a 1995 Honda Civic, but do you really need a 91, 92, 93, and a 95 model?

How is that justified when there are only 3 Mustangs total. What if your first car was a Golf (GT5 only has 5 Golfs total), or an economy Chevy car (which doesn't exist in GT5), wouldn't that bother you?

GT5 has too many repeats, too many similar cars, and all together, too many Japanese cars. The world car economy is more then Japanese cars....

Wait I can make a joke... I did say GT5 is king of Ricers didn't I? It's funny to see someone who appreciates ricers over any new car, stand up for GT5. I guess for you GT5 is a great game, but for the vast majority, the car roster is plain old ..... :P! bad

Michael, can't you see that you're trying to force your opinion on others? You're just as bad as goforgold and all the others (although I still don't think goforgold should have been banned). Seriously, wtf is this crap? How can it have too many Japanese cars if it has just as many western cars as Forza 4?

because he is right and everyone who thinks differently is wrong.

if he was wrong then he wouldnt be right, so hes not, or else he would be wrong.

you are wrong because you are not right. clearly your opinion is wrong, therefore you are wrong and he is right.

get it.

osamanobama said:

if he was wrong then he wouldnt be right, so hes not, or else he would be wrong.

you are wrong because you are not right. clearly your opinion is wrong, therefore you are wrong and he is right.

get it.

LOL .

osamanobama said:
pezus said:
Michael-5 said:
ils411 said:
Michael-5 said:

I love Japanese sports cars from the 90's, but how many do you really need? I like cars from other ends of the world too though, and for a racing sim Ferrarri's are much more important then a bunch of Civics.

I mean 13 S200's, there are more Honda S2000's then Ferrarri's in GT5, does that sound like an even distribution? Only 4 of those S2000's are structurally different as well (the other 9 are repeats from different regions, only changes are cosmetic like being RHD or LHD, or not related to the performance aspect of the car, like having a slightly different transmission to improve reliability).

pezus General Motors, and The Volkswagon Automotive Group are both larger then Toyota (ATM) and these three companies typically battle for the largest manufacter of automobiles. 1 company per region. So No Japanese cars aren't the most popular, it's a 3 way split between regions.

Also we only car about sports cars for Racing sims, car sales in volume are generally economy cars.

Do you really want cars like the 1972 Honda Odyssey, 1995 Daihatsu Move, 1983 Honda City, Nissan Cube 1998, and other shit cars like this?

And honestly, 3 Mustangs despite being on the market for nearly 50 years, but 68 Skylines?

Is that at all fair? You know how many awesome mustangs there are compared to essentially only 9 or 10 different models of Skyline?

Well, I prefere Japanese cars over American cars so a whole lota skylines and such doesn't bother me and 1 to 2 mustang is enough. My bro's first car ever was a 1998 Dihatsu hatchback. It was so slow  and ugly that I could just cry thinking about it. But it was his first car and the 1st car I got to drive a lot. Even if it sucks balls, being able to drive something like it in a sim brings back a lot of memories. So, yeah, Its cool that GT5 has cars like that.

When I was in high school, I dreamed of a 1995 honda civic, toyota corolla and mitsubishi lancer.  Never got to own a corolla or a lancer (though I did get the 1995 civic which i still own today and still prefer over any new car out there) and getting to drive cars like them, even in a sim is a dream come true.

Different folks, different strocks. So Its best we drop the car counting and stuff since car selections is more on personal taste and preferences.

Lets just say that both have a shit load of cars and you'll most likely find a car or ten that you like in both games.

Cars like that don't belong in a racing sim. Go get the traffic simulator they use to teach kids to drive and drive it there.

It's nice to be able to drive your own car in the game, but there is an extent to where this should be implemented. To allow everyone to drive their first car would mean we need a car roster of over 10,000 cars, and it's unfair that someone like you gets to drive their first car in a sim, but others, like me, don't.

My first car to drive was a 1986 Benz SEC 560, and that's far more appropriate of a car to put in the game then 20 Dahatsu's. You only need 1 or 2, the differences between models is tiny and insignificant.

It's nice that you can drive a 1995 Honda Civic, but do you really need a 91, 92, 93, and a 95 model?

How is that justified when there are only 3 Mustangs total. What if your first car was a Golf (GT5 only has 5 Golfs total), or an economy Chevy car (which doesn't exist in GT5), wouldn't that bother you?

GT5 has too many repeats, too many similar cars, and all together, too many Japanese cars. The world car economy is more then Japanese cars....

Wait I can make a joke... I did say GT5 is king of Ricers didn't I? It's funny to see someone who appreciates ricers over any new car, stand up for GT5. I guess for you GT5 is a great game, but for the vast majority, the car roster is plain old ..... :P! bad

Michael, can't you see that you're trying to force your opinion on others? You're just as bad as goforgold and all the others (although I still don't think goforgold should have been banned). Seriously, wtf is this crap? How can it have too many Japanese cars if it has just as many western cars as Forza 4?

get it.

so, if i think i'm right but what i think is not what he thinks because what he thinks is he is right but is not what i think therefore i am not right but am left?

pezus said:

No, I now understand why goforgold went over the deep end...

A have now also found something worse than a rabid fanboy.. A stealth troll..

Around the Network

Bombombombombombombom.

(looks to see if anyone noticed )

Bombombombombombombom
bombombomblombombombom.

pezus said:
osamanobama said:
pezus said:
Michael-5 said:
ils411 said:
Michael-5 said:

get it.

so i take it, you understand now?

I'm tired of seeing report after report on this thread. Seeing as the last, what, 10 pages are the same three or four people pointlessly bickering lets save everybody the trouble and just lock it.

ils411 said:
pezus said:

No, I now understand why goforgold went over the deep end...

A have now also found something worse than a rabid fanboy.. A stealth troll..

wait till he pulls out the Jermey Clarkson defense to rufute gameplay, and the GT5 totally doesn't do *insert something GT5 actually does* and I know because I played it.......