By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 vs F4 graphics (from in cockpit)/sound youtube comparison video--updated with DF comparison.

What is better for each game?

Sound: Forza 4 29 6.26%

Sound: GT5 6 1.30%

Graphics: Forza 4 14 3.02%

Graphics: GT5 67 14.47%

Sound/Graphics: Forza 4 109 23.54%

Sound/Graphics: GT5 144 31.10%

Sound: Both about the same 1 0.22%

Graphics: Both about the same 6 1.30%

Sound/Graphics: Both about the same 16 3.46%

See results. 69 14.90%

Total:461
yo_john117 said:
Michael-5 said:
goforgold said:

wow......I can't believe it took me this long to accept it, I feel so fucking shitty and stupid right now

Micheal-5 I am SO sorry man, really I am

P.S. Rol have mercy.....

I think your being sarcastic, but it's impossible to tell over text.

Apology accepted.

He was definitely being sarcastic.

no I'm dead fucking serious, no pics, no gifs, for real. After reading his responses to me I had a moment of clarity, and then I immediately felt like shit. I deserved that ban

Around the Network
goforgold said:
yo_john117 said:
Michael-5 said:
goforgold said:

wow......I can't believe it took me this long to accept it, I feel so fucking shitty and stupid right now

P.S. Rol have mercy.....

Apology accepted.

no I'm dead fucking serious, no pics, no gifs, for real. After reading his responses to me I had a moment of clarity, and then I immediately felt like shit. I deserved that ban

Well if that's truly how you feel than my respect for you has gone up.

yo_john117 said:
goforgold said:
yo_john117 said:
Michael-5 said:
goforgold said:

P.S. Rol have mercy.....

Apology accepted.

So show true facts about GT5 deserves ban?

@goforgold was rude but he showed that he knows GT5 better than @Michael-5 knows .

No... if @goforgold deserved a ban...  @Michael-5 deserved too.

For me both not deserved a ban after all but the moderation here is just like that... so simple.

ethomaz said:
yo_john117 said:
goforgold said:
yo_john117 said:
Michael-5 said:
goforgold said:

P.S. Rol have mercy.....

Apology accepted.

So show true facts about GT5 deserves ban?

@goforgold was rude but he showed that he knows GT5 better than @Michael-5 knows .

No... if @goforgold deserved a ban...  @Michael-5 deserved too.

For me both not deserved a ban after all but the moderation here is just like that... so simple.

I think you quoted the wrong guy.

Just to stir shit up again because I can. http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/11/06/gran-turismo-5-spec-20-versus-forza-motorsport-4  

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:

Just to stir shit up again because I can. http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/11/06/gran-turismo-5-spec-20-versus-forza-motorsport-4  

That was a pretty good quick comparison.

RolStoppable said:
yo_john117 said:
smroadkill15 said:

Of course you would say this, because it suits your agenda.

What was that mercy part from earlier about?

Like I said it's a pretty good quick comparison. The only in depth comparison I would really trust is from Inside Sim Racing.

yo_john117 said:
smroadkill15 said:

i have been pretty much avoiding all comparisons of these games, but one thing i saw in that video that makes me want to comment on it is, he says that Forza's sound is decidely better (im not going to say it is or it isnt), and then he shows an example. well, when he showed the example of GT5, i heard it, and was like that sounds like a believable sound that car would make, then he showed the same car in Forza, he said "same car, same volume". i was thinking that car sounded like a rocket ship, it didnt sound very realistic to me, sounded way to over powered, as if it had rocket boosters on it or something. While i could very well be wrong, and that is exactly how the car sounds,  still dont see how that comparison shows Forza has better sound because i would have given it to GT5 based off that it seemed like they were saying louder equals better. 

i think a better comparison would have been showing GT5 rather lackluster sound for car collisions which sound like hollow thuds, and i could be wrong and thats exactly how they would sound, but it doesnt seem realistic to me. Same with that forza cars thunderous reving of the engine doesnt sound realistic to me

XBOX360 is the obvious winner here. FORZA 4 is looking a lot better than GT5.

GT5 is still the superior race SIM. No offence but Forza 4 has brought nothing new over F3. Autovista is boring, I can just google the car images. 60% of the cars are American and half of them are muscle cars. They shouldve named it Forza 4 American or something. The tracks have been widened to be easier to race. The car physics and handling are better in GT5.

The only plus in Forza are: car sounds and some better environments, but that is becoz F4 doesn't need to handle dynamic lightning and weather like GT5 in 1080p.