By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 vs F4 graphics (from in cockpit)/sound youtube comparison video--updated with DF comparison.

What is better for each game?

Sound: Forza 4 29 6.26%

Sound: GT5 6 1.30%

Graphics: Forza 4 14 3.02%

Graphics: GT5 67 14.47%

Sound/Graphics: Forza 4 109 23.54%

Sound/Graphics: GT5 144 31.10%

Sound: Both about the same 1 0.22%

Graphics: Both about the same 6 1.30%

Sound/Graphics: Both about the same 16 3.46%

See results. 69 14.90%

Total:461

goforgold said:

I feel like I have to explain myself after reading the comments directed towards me after I was banned

Micheal-5's GT5 and General LMAO facts:

"GT5 doesn't have simulation damage"

It does

All I've ever read is real time tire deformation models. Show me an article explaining the simulation damage and how it affects your car in a deeper way then a penalty syste,

"As for F1, if the car is 1-4 years old, it wouldn't qualify for Formula 1 anymore."

really, talk to anyone who actually watches Formula 1

While you were banned, we agreed "retired F1 cars" was a more appropriate term

"PGR arguement is just to show you how little weather means to a racing sim..."

and somehow people were upset whit what I said....edit: you admitting to being wrong about that but the fact that you said it in the first place is telling

I wasn't insulting though, just pointing out facts. How am I wrong here?

"but GT5 doesn't have on track (or Fuji), point to point races."

it does

Never said anything about Fuji, and it doesn't, at least not pre-Spec 2.0

"GT5 copied Forza's leveling system and only rewards you scarsly,"

GT5's leveling is a modified version of GT4 leveling which released before any Forza, and GT5 rewards you for EVERYTHING you do, but I don't know what I'm talking about and he does right???

This was a minor point, and I didn't use it to belittle GT5. Doesn't Forza 1 have a leveling system? I know what your talking about, but GT5's leveling system rarely rewards you with a car.

"GT5 was the worst GT game since, well GT"

the audacity coming form this guy

Just listen to yourself. GT5 is the worst GT in the franchise, GT2,3, and 4 are all better. I know would even include GT1 in the list, making GT5 the worst GT of them all, and the only one to ruin the franchises 9.5/10 score/quality reputation.

"So weather, and rally racing (even though were comparing on track capabilities) make GT5 better?"

so he's not only insinuating weather and rally has nothing to do with a racing sim but he's also insinuating it doesn't count as on track experience...... and yo-john, your shaking YOUR head

Your just looking for reasons to insult me here, nothing I said was wrong.

"Because you know, it's not a sim without a good number of high res premium cars."

you heard it here folks not weather not rally, not rain, nor snow, or dirt mean anything in a racing sim, but how many hi res premium models does....

Some people like to race in more then Japanese cars. I'm not big on ricers (for mods, ricers are cheap modified old shitty economy cars, typically japanese), but if you are, I can see why your so crazy about GT5.

"Rain is nothing compared to a real damage model"

I actually agree here, I mean you'd have to be a complete moron to compare weather to damage.....right?

Are you insulting yourself here? You support GT5 like mad and now realize Forza 4 has features that put it to shame?

"I guess if you really really like FF Ricer Civics, GT5 is a better sim."

again with the bullshit

How is this bullshit? Over 60% of the cars in GT5 are Japanese. Most are low class Honda Civics, Nissan Silvias, and low end Toyota's. Forza 4 has something like 15% Japanese cars? I counted before, did you forget?

"I aimed to show both games outside the sim aspects deliver. That tally shows them on par. GT5 has rain and drifting, Forza 4 has a better selection of cars and Extra features (like Top Gear) for car enthusiasts."

this is probably the most important thing he's ever said, it is the highlight of my entire stance in this thread, and show how pointless that tally is. My position was that GT5 blows Forza out of the water WHEN IT COMES TO WHAT MATTERS IN A RACING SIM!!! I don't care about what goes on outside a racing sim and neither does racing sim fans, and neither does racing sim developers.... regular gamers would however...and what do most people say about GT5....alas I digress, why then is he trying to show me what goes on outside a racing sim and why is he trying to make it seem those things that are outside a racing sim would be in anyway relevant to the things inside a racing sim......could it be because I'M FUCKING RIGHT and GT5 does blow Forza out of the water when it comes to what matters in a racing sim and he can't argue that and admitting it would somehow admit defeat and thus enjoyment of Forza would be less, I mean Forza 4 suppose to be the King remember, meaning it has to be better than GT5 in EVERY WAY. It can't do it be being better in some ways, and those ways having jack shit to do with racing sims.

But there is no arguing with you about sim quality. Your just going to insult me no matter what I say here. I avoided this perposly because of how demeaning of a debater you are. I don't respect you as a debater, and choose not to argue sim quality because you haven't even played Forza 4, and already argue that GT5 is king of sims.

I've played enough of both games, and others in the franchise to know exactly where each game delivers as a sim. Neither game is universly better, but Forza 4 overall models simulation car behavior more accuralty for cars that aren't FF eco cars.

If you ever read a Car & Driver magazine, or any car magazine (not game) where they compare sim quality, most say Forza 4 and GT5 are about the same level of accuracy, and a few will say FF cars are a bit too easy to control in Forza 4.

This is why I didn't debate with you here, because I know you will try to force your opinions (again without ever touching Forza 4) on which game is a better sim. I bet you probably even play with a controller too.

I mean look at the fact that when Forza fans are cornered they immediately bring up PGR4 (yes this has happened in many different GT5 vs Forza threads on many different sites including this one) to refute GT5, the very fact that the HAVE to bring up an entirely different game to attack GT5's many features is more a dig at Forza 4 and a compliment to GT5, their basically saying a game that came out in 07 has more racing sims features than one that came out in 2011 and that the only way to get a GT5 like experience is to have play both those games. And they say PD wasted thier time with those 5 years...yeah Forza fans beg to differ.

now to continue

"Forza 4, track temperature affects performance, GT5 it does not."

yes it does.

No...it doesn't. Find me something that says it does. I'm talking about difference surface temperatures affecting grip, not just tire deformation, and not tire temperature.

"in GT5, when you do a major jump, and land sideways, the car corrects itself and goes straight"

no it doesn't

Yes it does, go on trial mountain and hit that hill before the finish line, you rarely roll over. Same with Cape Cote (whatever the new track is called). I'm talking about angles up to 45 degrees, not 90 degrees.

"GT5 also has over 60% ricers, many repeats. How can you expect me not to laugh at that?"

he can laugh but I can't.... :(

I didn't use this in my arguement until after you kept posting insulting gifs, and I used it as a point to illustrate that GT5 has flaws, things I could laugh at, but I don't insult the game and belittle you, like you do me.

"I don't laugh at GT5 gamers thinking it's superior, and I have probably played more GT5 then you,"

considering the above many of your other statements  I can say for a FACT...you haven't

I gave expensive cars to ethomaz and osama, and gave them both advice on how to win in the Dream Cup. Your acting like an idiot here. Your pushing your opinions as facts, and reing incredibly rude about it.

and my personal favorite: in response to my wall of gameplay

Also Forza 4 can't do any of that,(was refering to weather, night racing, go karts, and other little features) but Forza 4 will always be more appreciated by real car fans because not only does it not have 630 Japanese cars, it has this guy.

in closing

people used the bluntness of my post as a smoke screen to the actual points I was trying to make (thanks to those who actually read) but as you can see deserving of ALL criticism, and no Micheal 5, I don't treat all the people I know like that.........just the terribly misinformed ones *edited for appropriateness*

No. I'll be blunt with you. You were rude, and insulting, and deserved to be banned. I returned to you with a very credible and debatable comment, and you returned, multiple times, laughing at me. I don't ever return any of your posts with pictures standard res Honda Civics and label GT5 as king of ricers. I treat it for what it is, a great game.

You come straight out and say Forza is garbage, and you bring up your opinions and expect everyone to agree with you. You have never played Forza 4, but somehow know GT5 is a better sim, and then critisize me for disagreeing with you.

Even now you call me mis informed and wrong. Your not anywhere nearly as rude about it as before, but you still lack any clear sight of your pathos.

People don't agree with each other, but everyone else here gets along fine with conflicting opinions because we respect each other. We debate with each other when we come to conflicting opinions, not insult.

You were banned for 5 days, and instead of coming back and apologizing like you should have, you make a long post talking about how I'm an idiot and I don't know shit about racing games, and that I deserved to be made fun of. You can be incredibly obnoxious you know. No matter how many times I tried to return a civil level headed post to you, you kept comming back with insults.

If your not going to respond to my comments toward you, then don't. Don't belittle others. Thats why you were banned and I am finding you very detestable when you come back into the forum, continuing to insult me.

P.S. I know this post was rude, but I needed to be blunt. I apoligize to everyone who has to read this shit, anytime goforgold posts an insulting gif, I will not respond to it anymore, and I will not continue to discuss the reason behind his ban. It happened, he should apoligize and learn from it, but if he chooses not to, his behaviour will result in more bans. Simple.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Xerofortune said:
Kantor said:
This thread has resulted in more moderation than pretty much any other thread I've ever seen.

Stay on topic, and stop flaming/trolling/complaining about moderation, or I'll lock it.

How in anyway is that basis for a warning. I'm sorry but that's utterly ridiculous. Please reveal the secrets as to how Nsanity hasnt been banned atleast 70 times for intentional flaming. It's like some users get a free pass around here. Ease up a bit jesus.

When has Nsanity ever insulted or belittled someone?

There is a difference from a civil comment, to a demeaning one.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

yo_john117 said:

Also in case anyone has missed it here's the Inside Sim Racing preview of F4.

"Forza 4 has some of the best gaming sounds there are"

"They(cars in Forza 4) all sound like what the car should sound like (even with tuning)"

"Tire Squeal is some of the best I've heard in all racing games"

"Thats some of the best in all racing games (damage)"

"Some of the best force feedback I've felt on a console"

"one of the best model clutches in a game"

Can't wait for the review either. I agree with all of the above, except I can't comment on the clutch (have an old wheel),

pezus said:
Michael-5 said:

When has Nsanity ever insulted or belittled someone?

There is a difference from a civil comment, to a demeaning one.

Insults are not the only things that get you banned. But anyway, we should stop talking about this like Kantor said or the thread will be locked (and I know how much you'd hate that )

We can't let yo_john reach his goal 2 banned mambers and a locked thread. That's the quota for a good GT vs. Forza thread apparently.

Alby_da_Wolf said:
yo_john117 said:
ethomaz said:

I found an Italian website comparing GT5 2.0 and F4 in every category... nice read.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.4news.it%2F9447-confronto-gran-turismo-5-20-e-forza-motorsport-4.php&sl=it&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

That was a pretty good read. However did they knock off a point from F4 in the Sim aspect because it offers assissts as an option? Some of what they said made no sense because it's Italian translated into English.

Having read it in Italian I guess they did it because it offers too much assistance even when it's turned off and when the car puts some wheels out of the track or goes completely out of it it's too forgiving, in a youtube video posted in this thread I noticed it too, a car put the wheel on the EXTERNAL side of a fast turn on the grass and it has very little reactions, managing to keep control just slowing down to 130-140km/h, instead of very bad ones.

I just tried F3, not F4, but I myself noticed, besides the impression of a wider track, tyre grip a tad excessive, I suck at driving with a gamepad, I lack finesse using a thumstick, so the car should have had very bad over or understeering, instead it kept an unnatural grip, following exactly the WRONG trajectory I was giving it with my clumsy thumb instead of drifting out of it.

OTOH they gave 10 to GT5 in that section because, hearing the most hardcore players' complaints, Spec 2.0 made the simulation more realistic when no assistance is chosen.

But it must be kept in mind, and they wrote it, even that 10 is relative to console racing sims, PC ones still offer the option of more difficulty and realism, if the player wants them.

Repetita juvant, just to stay on topic and to remind that Spec 2.0 improved some things that in the previous versions of GT5, particularly the unpatched first one, had been criticized.

Worth to notice again that even at their maximum difficulty and minimum assistance settings, both GT5 and F4, despite being the most realistic console racing sims, are still a little bit more forgiving than the best PC ones.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Michael-5 said:

I gave cars to osama and ethomaz, expensive cars. geez, what more proof do you want?

I receive your gifts but I can't say which car was... I downloaded the DLC before and have more than 15 cars to receive... so I don't know which car I received from you... can you tell me .

I have two X1 2010... do you want one?

Michael-5 said:

goforgold said:

I feel like I have to explain myself after reading the comments directed towards me after I was banned

Micheal-5's GT5 and General LMAO facts:

"GT5 doesn't have simulation damage"

It does

All I've ever read is real time tire deformation models. Show me an article explaining the simulation damage and how it affects your car in a deeper way then a penalty syste,

"As for F1, if the car is 1-4 years old, it wouldn't qualify for Formula 1 anymore."

really, talk to anyone who actually watches Formula 1

While you were banned, we agreed "retired F1 cars" was a more appropriate term

"PGR arguement is just to show you how little weather means to a racing sim..."

and somehow people were upset whit what I said....edit: you admitting to being wrong about that but the fact that you said it in the first place is telling

I wasn't insulting though, just pointing out facts. How am I wrong here?

"but GT5 doesn't have on track (or Fuji), point to point races."

it does

Never said anything about Fuji, and it doesn't, at least not pre-Spec 2.0

"GT5 copied Forza's leveling system and only rewards you scarsly,"

GT5's leveling is a modified version of GT4 leveling which released before any Forza, and GT5 rewards you for EVERYTHING you do, but I don't know what I'm talking about and he does right???

This was a minor point, and I didn't use it to belittle GT5. Doesn't Forza 1 have a leveling system? I know what your talking about, but GT5's leveling system rarely rewards you with a car.

"GT5 was the worst GT game since, well GT"

the audacity coming form this guy

Just listen to yourself. GT5 is the worst GT in the franchise, GT2,3, and 4 are all better. I know would even include GT1 in the list, making GT5 the worst GT of them all, and the only one to ruin the franchises 9.5/10 score/quality reputation.

"So weather, and rally racing (even though were comparing on track capabilities) make GT5 better?"

so he's not only insinuating weather and rally has nothing to do with a racing sim but he's also insinuating it doesn't count as on track experience...... and yo-john, your shaking YOUR head

Your just looking for reasons to insult me here, nothing I said was wrong.

"Because you know, it's not a sim without a good number of high res premium cars."

you heard it here folks not weather not rally, not rain, nor snow, or dirt mean anything in a racing sim, but how many hi res premium models does....

Some people like to race in more then Japanese cars. I'm not big on ricers (for mods, ricers are cheap modified old shitty economy cars, typically japanese), but if you are, I can see why your so crazy about GT5.

"Rain is nothing compared to a real damage model"

I actually agree here, I mean you'd have to be a complete moron to compare weather to damage.....right?

Are you insulting yourself here? You support GT5 like mad and now realize Forza 4 has features that put it to shame?

"I guess if you really really like FF Ricer Civics, GT5 is a better sim."

again with the bullshit

How is this bullshit? Over 60% of the cars in GT5 are Japanese. Most are low class Honda Civics, Nissan Silvias, and low end Toyota's. Forza 4 has something like 15% Japanese cars? I counted before, did you forget?

"I aimed to show both games outside the sim aspects deliver. That tally shows them on par. GT5 has rain and drifting, Forza 4 has a better selection of cars and Extra features (like Top Gear) for car enthusiasts."

this is probably the most important thing he's ever said, it is the highlight of my entire stance in this thread, and show how pointless that tally is. My position was that GT5 blows Forza out of the water WHEN IT COMES TO WHAT MATTERS IN A RACING SIM!!! I don't care about what goes on outside a racing sim and neither does racing sim fans, and neither does racing sim developers.... regular gamers would however...and what do most people say about GT5....alas I digress, why then is he trying to show me what goes on outside a racing sim and why is he trying to make it seem those things that are outside a racing sim would be in anyway relevant to the things inside a racing sim......could it be because I'M FUCKING RIGHT and GT5 does blow Forza out of the water when it comes to what matters in a racing sim and he can't argue that and admitting it would somehow admit defeat and thus enjoyment of Forza would be less, I mean Forza 4 suppose to be the King remember, meaning it has to be better than GT5 in EVERY WAY. It can't do it be being better in some ways, and those ways having jack shit to do with racing sims.

But there is no arguing with you about sim quality. Your just going to insult me no matter what I say here. I avoided this perposly because of how demeaning of a debater you are. I don't respect you as a debater, and choose not to argue sim quality because you haven't even played Forza 4, and already argue that GT5 is king of sims.

I've played enough of both games, and others in the franchise to know exactly where each game delivers as a sim. Neither game is universly better, but Forza 4 overall models simulation car behavior more accuralty for cars that aren't FF eco cars.

If you ever read a Car & Driver magazine, or any car magazine (not game) where they compare sim quality, most say Forza 4 and GT5 are about the same level of accuracy, and a few will say FF cars are a bit too easy to control in Forza 4.

This is why I didn't debate with you here, because I know you will try to force your opinions (again without ever touching Forza 4) on which game is a better sim. I bet you probably even play with a controller too.

I mean look at the fact that when Forza fans are cornered they immediately bring up PGR4 (yes this has happened in many different GT5 vs Forza threads on many different sites including this one) to refute GT5, the very fact that the HAVE to bring up an entirely different game to attack GT5's many features is more a dig at Forza 4 and a compliment to GT5, their basically saying a game that came out in 07 has more racing sims features than one that came out in 2011 and that the only way to get a GT5 like experience is to have play both those games. And they say PD wasted thier time with those 5 years...yeah Forza fans beg to differ.

now to continue

"Forza 4, track temperature affects performance, GT5 it does not."

yes it does.

No...it doesn't. Find me something that says it does. I'm talking about difference surface temperatures affecting grip, not just tire deformation, and not tire temperature.

"in GT5, when you do a major jump, and land sideways, the car corrects itself and goes straight"

no it doesn't

Yes it does, go on trial mountain and hit that hill before the finish line, you rarely roll over. Same with Cape Cote (whatever the new track is called). I'm talking about angles up to 45 degrees, not 90 degrees.

"GT5 also has over 60% ricers, many repeats. How can you expect me not to laugh at that?"

he can laugh but I can't.... :(

I didn't use this in my arguement until after you kept posting insulting gifs, and I used it as a point to illustrate that GT5 has flaws, things I could laugh at, but I don't insult the game and belittle you, like you do me.

"I don't laugh at GT5 gamers thinking it's superior, and I have probably played more GT5 then you,"

considering the above many of your other statements  I can say for a FACT...you haven't

I gave expensive cars to ethomaz and osama, and gave them both advice on how to win in the Dream Cup. Your acting like an idiot here. Your pushing your opinions as facts, and reing incredibly rude about it.

and my personal favorite: in response to my wall of gameplay

Also Forza 4 can't do any of that,(was refering to weather, night racing, go karts, and other little features) but Forza 4 will always be more appreciated by real car fans because not only does it not have 630 Japanese cars, it has this guy.

in closing

people used the bluntness of my post as a smoke screen to the actual points I was trying to make (thanks to those who actually read) but as you can see deserving of ALL criticism, and no Micheal 5, I don't treat all the people I know like that.........just the terribly misinformed ones *edited for appropriateness*

No. I'll be blunt with you. You were rude, and insulting, and deserved to be banned. I returned to you with a very credible and debatable comment, and you returned, multiple times, laughing at me. I don't ever return any of your posts with pictures standard res Honda Civics and label GT5 as king of ricers. I treat it for what it is, a great game.

You come straight out and say Forza is garbage, and you bring up your opinions and expect everyone to agree with you. You have never played Forza 4, but somehow know GT5 is a better sim, and then critisize me for disagreeing with you.

Even now you call me mis informed and wrong. Your not anywhere nearly as rude about it as before, but you still lack any clear sight of your pathos.

People don't agree with each other, but everyone else here gets along fine with conflicting opinions because we respect each other. We debate with each other when we come to conflicting opinions, not insult.

You were banned for 5 days, and instead of coming back and apologizing like you should have, you make a long post talking about how I'm an idiot and I don't know shit about racing games, and that I deserved to be made fun of. You can be incredibly obnoxious you know. No matter how many times I tried to return a civil level headed post to you, you kept comming back with insults.

If your not going to respond to my comments toward you, then don't. Don't belittle others. Thats why you were banned and I am finding you very detestable when you come back into the forum, continuing to insult me.

P.S. I know this post was rude, but I needed to be blunt. I apoligize to everyone who has to read this shit, anytime goforgold posts an insulting gif, I will not respond to it anymore, and I will not continue to discuss the reason behind his ban. It happened, he should apoligize and learn from it, but if he chooses not to, his behaviour will result in more bans. Simple.

wow......I can't believe it took me this long to accept it, I feel so fucking shitty and stupid right now

Micheal-5 I am SO sorry man, really I am

P.S. Rol have mercy.....

ethomaz said:

Michael-5 said:

I gave cars to osama and ethomaz, expensive cars. geez, what more proof do you want?

I receive your gifts but I can't say which car was... I downloaded the DLC before and have more than 15 cars to receive... so I don't know which car I received from you... can you tell me .

I have two X1 2010... do you want one?

Gave you the Nissan GT-R 09, fully tuned and the Corvette C6 Race Modified ZR1.

No it's okay about the X1, my PS3 is broke so I won't be playing GT5 again until next summer when I move in with a PS3 owning bud. Besides those two cars I gave you, I have copies of as well, and they can be used to win basically any non F1 race in the game.

goforgold said:

wow......I can't believe it took me this long to accept it, I feel so fucking shitty and stupid right now

P.S. Rol have mercy.....

I think your being sarcastic, but it's impossile to tell over text.

Apology accepted.

Michael-5 said:
goforgold said:

P.S. Rol have mercy.....

I think your being sarcastic, but it's impossile to tell over text.

Apology accepted.

He was definitely being sarcastic.