By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 vs F4 graphics (from in cockpit)/sound youtube comparison video--updated with DF comparison.

What is better for each game?

Sound: Forza 4 29 6.26%

Sound: GT5 6 1.30%

Graphics: Forza 4 14 3.02%

Graphics: GT5 67 14.47%

Sound/Graphics: Forza 4 109 23.54%

Sound/Graphics: GT5 144 31.10%

Sound: Both about the same 1 0.22%

Graphics: Both about the same 6 1.30%

Sound/Graphics: Both about the same 16 3.46%

See results. 69 14.90%

Total:461
pezus said:

You're the only one (who's not obviously a troll/biased etc.) I've seen sayin Forza 4 is a harder game than GT5. 

How many people do you know who have played both games? On this thread, Nsanity and I were the only ones to have claimed to have played both games. I'm the only one who owns both so far.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Michael-5 said:

What did I say in another thread? I don't talk any differently from this thread or another one.

You described NSMB Wii in a disrespectful manner.

You hate me for it don't cha?

*evil grin* hehehehehehehehehe

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

ils411 said:
Michael-5 said:

GT5 has other game modes, but I only car for track simulation. GT5 does have rally driving, but it's less integrated then in previous GT games, and I'm sorry 630 Japanese cars? Forza has more cars from the rest of the world, in almost every region, country by country. I really don't care for low end Japanese sports cars from the 90's and the GT-R. GT5 has more content, but a poor car selection (Do I really need a 1972 Honda Odyssey?), and I've always been a quality over quantity type of person, so to me Forza 4 offers more because it does everything spot on.

So? Whats wrong with Japanese cars? You have something against Japanese cars? I like Japanese cars.. I like japanese sports cars from the 90s and GT-R.

Just because YOU dont like it its instatly sucky? 

Watch it bro, your not only coming out as Biased but racist as well...

I love Japanese sports cars from the 90's, but how many do you really need? I like cars from other ends of the world too though, and for a racing sim Ferrarri's are much more important then a bunch of Civics.

I mean 13 S200's, there are more Honda S2000's then Ferrarri's in GT5, does that sound like an even distribution? Only 4 of those S2000's are structurally different as well (the other 9 are repeats from different regions, only changes are cosmetic like being RHD or LHD, or not related to the performance aspect of the car, like having a slightly different transmission to improve reliability).

pezus General Motors, and The Volkswagon Automotive Group are both larger then Toyota (ATM) and these three companies typically battle for the largest manufacter of automobiles. 1 company per region. So No Japanese cars aren't the most popular, it's a 3 way split between regions.

Also we only car about sports cars for Racing sims, car sales in volume are generally economy cars.

Do you really want cars like the 1972 Honda Odyssey, 1995 Daihatsu Move, 1983 Honda City, Nissan Cube 1998, and other shit cars like this?

And honestly, 3 Mustangs despite being on the market for nearly 50 years, but 68 Skylines?

Is that at all fair? You know how many awesome mustangs there are compared to essentially only 9 or 10 different models of Skyline?

Michael-5 said:
pezus said:

You're the only one (who's not obviously a troll/biased etc.) I've seen sayin Forza 4 is a harder game than GT5. 

How many people do you know who have played both games? On this thread, Nsanity and I were the only ones to have claimed to have played both games. I'm the only one who owns both so far.

You lost again your argument quoting Nsanity :( and what you said about GT5 suggests that you've never played it (even though I'm sure you played).

What setthings did you use??? My preferences:

Driving Line - off
Skid Force Recovery - off
ASM - off
Active steering - off
TCS - off
ABS - 1

Michael-5 said:
goforgold said:
Michael-5 said:

I just plain disagree. The way Forza 4 feels compared to GT5 is huge. Both feel like Sims, but the steering, traction, and performance feel better simulated in Forza 4 to me, and by a lot, not a little. I really don't car for weather, night racing, and watching sunsets in game. I care about how well the game performs under race conditions, and it's non nagotiable, Forza 4 does it without a drop in FPS, and without screen tearing.

I just plain disagree on the technical level. Had a friend who plays a lot of GT5 over today and he kept spinning out and crashing in an M3, a really easy car to drive in Forza 4. So obviously Forza 4 is a much more difficult game (and I say better sim) then GT5. Plain and simple.

In GT5, although I drive the same as I do in Forza 4, and replays show drama, I never feel it or have to nagotiate it. In Forza 4, when my MR car is drifting, I know it's drifitng, and have to catch the drift or I spin out. I just don't see that in GT5.

ethomaz thinks of Forza as an arcade racer. He has said many times that you can corner in Forza 3 without braking, which is just false.

GT5 has other game modes, but I only car for track simulation. GT5 does have rally driving, but it's less integrated then in previous GT games, and I'm sorry 630 Japanese cars? Forza has more cars from the rest of the world, in almost every region, country by country. I really don't care for low end Japanese sports cars from the 90's and the GT-R. GT5 has more content, but a poor car selection (Do I really need a 1972 Honda Odyssey?), and I've always been a quality over quantity type of person, so to me Forza 4 offers more because it does everything spot on.

Remember this isn't Forza 3 were talking about, it;s a whole new ball game.

Forza motorsport has 500 cars (rounded)

GT5 has 1000 cars (rounded)

subtract 630 from 1000 and you got 370

subtract 120 from 500 and you got 380

Forza has 10 more cars from other regions than GT

now stop bringing that up, seriously it's fucking annoying

edit: and what YOU don't care about in a racing sim =/= what the collective racing sim community doesn't cares about in a racing sim.

Add 62 cars to GT5 with Spec 2.0 and DLC, and add 30 cars to Forza 4 (plus 10 cars a month).

All 410 of those non Japanese cars are premium quality in Forza 4, where over half the ones in GT5 are standard. It's a big deal. I'm a huge car nut and I'd like to race all the cars I like, not just a few of them.

I mean when you really get into GT5, you are missing a lot of really important cars. They don't have the 400HP V8 2009 Mustang (which is odd because it was a year old when the game released), You gon't have a single premium Aston Martin, Saleen, or Bugatti. No Aston Martin DBS or One-77, the Audi RS4 is 10 years old at newest, no Bugatti EB 110 S (The second hallmark Bugatti), no Cadillac CTS-V, Only 12 Ferrarri's (No F50, no FXX, F430, GTO, etc), Only 3 Mustangs despite nearly being on the market for 50 years, a severe lack of classic musscle cars, Not a single Koenigsegg, Only 7 Lambo and no Reventon, No Masarrati MC12 (The other car based on the Enzo), No benz DTM C Class (one of the fastest benz's), no black edition benz's, No street Panoz, No Saleen Raptor, and believe me I can go on.

GT5 has a really disspointing car roster if you ask me, and that's far more important then the inclusion of rain.

BTW, does it ever model snow on a track course, or just rally tracks?

Stop bringing up weather, and night racing it's a annoying. Right back at ya :P

Clearly we have different preferences in the game, that is why I always tried to drive the fact that Forza 4 and GT5 are similar quality. Get into the game, both are excellent sims, and both satify car enthusiasts in different ways. GT5 has different game types and some more dynamic gameplay features (weather, night, etc) while Forza 4 has a better car roster.

As for the sim itself. What I want is a responsive feel IMHO from playing both games a good amount.

• GT5 models FF car behaviour better, In Forza 4 small FF cars are too planted, and don't feel as front heavy until you corner fast.
  • Forza 4 models MR car behaviour better. In MR cars, you need to mildly drift any wide turns to take advantage of the rear pushing usually 60/40 split weight difference. In GT5 and Forza I drift in both games mildly, but in GT5 I only notice it in engine stress, in Forza 4, you really need to apply counter steer at the right angle, and even then the tires are screeching. You do the drift just a bit wrong, and you can really slow down or spin out, but in GT5 it's more forgiving.
  • Forza 4 also models FR cars better. The but end should come out when you corner and then apply throttle. That's how you initiate a drift. In GT5 you get a lot of leeway before you drift.
  • GT5 models cornering while braking better. You feel the weight distribution make a bigger affect on braking then in Forza 4. However..
  • Both games model braking equally well, but Forza does make a better noise when braking (you can hear the traction off independent tires more clearly, and there is brake pad squeel, which varries from car to car, and is loudest on old muscle cars.
  • As for traction, both games have a real time tire deformation model, so it's probably about the same. I'd argue Forza is better as it's been touched up on for the last 5 years, but whatever
  • and I guess the last thing is engine sound, which is much betteri n Forza, but this doesn't affect the cars behaviour so doesn't really count.

becasue those are comparable to you, jesus christ why do I bother

and just for the fuck of it

is better than any Ferrari you'll ever dive Forza 4

is better than Ford you'll ever drive in Forza

is better than any LMP car you'll ever drive in Forza

is better than any Exotic you'll ever drive in Forza

is better than EVERYTHING you'll ever driver in Forza and now's there's 2 of them

is the sexiest car you'll ever see anywhere

I can go on.....

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Michael-5 said:
pezus said:

You lost again your argument quoting Nsanity :( and what you said about GT5 suggests that you've never played it (even though I'm sure you played).

What setthings did you use??? My preferences:

Driving Line - off
Skid Force Recovery - off
ASM - off
Active steering - off
TCS - off
ABS - 1

For Forza 4 I still use the braking line because I'm not familar with the new tracks and their layouts.

Everything else I turn off, I race with manual shifting (no clutch), Hard AI, and I keep rewind on for longer races, but I'm not there yet in Forza 4.

For GT5 I'm the same as you, but ABS I set to 2, and for ridiculous MR cars like the Pagani Zonda R, I set it up to 4.

As for what I said about GT5 before. That's the honest impression I get. ethomaz, Forza 4 is a whole different beast then Forza 3. The quality between games from Turn 10 and PD is at the point now that the newer one will likely be the better sim. They will always at least top the other for the next long while.

goforgold said:
Michael-5 said:

Add 62 cars to GT5 with Spec 2.0 and DLC, and add 30 cars to Forza 4 (plus 10 cars a month).

All 410 of those non Japanese cars are premium quality in Forza 4, where over half the ones in GT5 are standard. It's a big deal. I'm a huge car nut and I'd like to race all the cars I like, not just a few of them.

I mean when you really get into GT5, you are missing a lot of really important cars. They don't have the 400HP V8 2009 Mustang (which is odd because it was a year old when the game released), You gon't have a single premium Aston Martin, Saleen, or Bugatti. No Aston Martin DBS or One-77, the Audi RS4 is 10 years old at newest, no Bugatti EB 110 S (The second hallmark Bugatti), no Cadillac CTS-V, Only 12 Ferrarri's (No F50, no FXX, F430, GTO, etc), Only 3 Mustangs despite nearly being on the market for 50 years, a severe lack of classic musscle cars, Not a single Koenigsegg, Only 7 Lambo and no Reventon, No Masarrati MC12 (The other car based on the Enzo), No benz DTM C Class (one of the fastest benz's), no black edition benz's, No street Panoz, No Saleen Raptor, and believe me I can go on.

GT5 has a really disspointing car roster if you ask me, and that's far more important then the inclusion of rain.

BTW, does it ever model snow on a track course, or just rally tracks?

Stop bringing up weather, and night racing it's a annoying. Right back at ya :P

Clearly we have different preferences in the game, that is why I always tried to drive the fact that Forza 4 and GT5 are similar quality. Get into the game, both are excellent sims, and both satify car enthusiasts in different ways. GT5 has different game types and some more dynamic gameplay features (weather, night, etc) while Forza 4 has a better car roster.

As for the sim itself. What I want is a responsive feel IMHO from playing both games a good amount.

• GT5 models FF car behaviour better, In Forza 4 small FF cars are too planted, and don't feel as front heavy until you corner fast.
  • Forza 4 models MR car behaviour better. In MR cars, you need to mildly drift any wide turns to take advantage of the rear pushing usually 60/40 split weight difference. In GT5 and Forza I drift in both games mildly, but in GT5 I only notice it in engine stress, in Forza 4, you really need to apply counter steer at the right angle, and even then the tires are screeching. You do the drift just a bit wrong, and you can really slow down or spin out, but in GT5 it's more forgiving.
  • Forza 4 also models FR cars better. The but end should come out when you corner and then apply throttle. That's how you initiate a drift. In GT5 you get a lot of leeway before you drift.
  • GT5 models cornering while braking better. You feel the weight distribution make a bigger affect on braking then in Forza 4. However..
  • Both games model braking equally well, but Forza does make a better noise when braking (you can hear the traction off independent tires more clearly, and there is brake pad squeel, which varries from car to car, and is loudest on old muscle cars.
  • As for traction, both games have a real time tire deformation model, so it's probably about the same. I'd argue Forza is better as it's been touched up on for the last 5 years, but whatever
  • and I guess the last thing is engine sound, which is much betteri n Forza, but this doesn't affect the cars behaviour so doesn't really count.

becasue those are comparable to you, jesus christ why do I bother

and just for the fuck of it

is better than any Ferrari you'll ever dive Forza 4

is better than Ford you'll ever drive in Forza

is better than any Exotic you'll ever drive in Forza

is better than EVERYTHING you'll ever driver in Forza and now's there's 2 of them

is the sexiest car you'll ever see anywhere

I can go on.....

(Your LMP picture didn't work so I cut it)

Citoren, best exotic? You make me laugh. Here are some of the best world cars not in GT5.

Best Hyper Car

Most exclusive luxury car

Best Ford

Best Muscle Car (After the Baracuda both games have)

Most expensive car in the world

Best Car in the World, ever (GT5 does not have the Competizione, nor the F50)

Fastest Street Legal Car (Super Sport, love the rims in this pic? LOL)

Best Concept Car

Best LMP Car (Image from Forza 3)

Also, if were talking about the franchise in general. Forza 3 kills because it has Porsche.... ;-( Damn EA...

Challenge: Your list is all race cars. Find me a street car which is exclusive to GT5, and is something good. These racing sims largely focus on racing street cars (or Touring Cars), it's the most important aspect to the game.

SvennoJ said:
In my experience with the demo of F4 with all assists of, it is easier then GT5 with tire grip set to real. (which you don't get in the campaign btw) F4 is a lot more forgiving when you go over the edge of the track with 1 or 2 wheels.

I don't know what cars or pp range you drive Micheal-5, but I have to catch my drift all the time while racing online. The 400 degree turn on Cape ring is like balancing a knife on it's edge, that little transition half way all too easily puts your car off balance into a spin.

Anyway I find them pretty equal when on the track, GT5 more difficult when you touch the side of the track and of course when the track is accumulating water.

There's only a few cars in the demo to compare however, I'll get to F4 after the holiday season. The biggest draw to F4 for me are the tracks that GT5 doesn't have. Always looking for more tracks to race on.

Wait so when you play the GT5 campaign you can't set it to be as realistic as the game can get? That seems a bit ridiculous if true.

yo_john117 said:

Wait so when you play the GT5 campaign you can't set it to be as realistic as the game can get? That seems a bit ridiculous if true.

That's not the case... most of campaign settings are pre-defined and you can't change it... so in the campaing (A-Spec or B-Spec) just the Endurance races have Tire Grip set to "Real".

Every other mode you can set these options manually.

Only for who care:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=136411