By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 vs F4 graphics (from in cockpit)/sound youtube comparison video--updated with DF comparison.

What is better for each game?

Sound: Forza 4 29 6.26%

Sound: GT5 6 1.30%

Graphics: Forza 4 14 3.02%

Graphics: GT5 67 14.47%

Sound/Graphics: Forza 4 109 23.54%

Sound/Graphics: GT5 144 31.10%

Sound: Both about the same 1 0.22%

Graphics: Both about the same 6 1.30%

Sound/Graphics: Both about the same 16 3.46%

See results. 69 14.90%

Total:461
ethomaz said:

yo_john117 said:

Wait so when you play the GT5 campaign you can't set it to be as realistic as the game can get? That seems a bit ridiculous if true.

That's not the case... most of campaign settings are pre-defined and you can't change it... so in the campaing (A-Spec or B-Spec) just the Endurance races have Tire Grip set to "Real".

Every other mode you can set these options manually.

Ah I see. That makes sense for the most part considering what you are trying to do. If I sucked at racing sims I would probably be angry that you couldn't change the settings of car difficulty very much for campaign but that's not the case lol.

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
SvennoJ said:
In my experience with the demo of F4 with all assists of, it is easier then GT5 with tire grip set to real. (which you don't get in the campaign btw) F4 is a lot more forgiving when you go over the edge of the track with 1 or 2 wheels.

I don't know what cars or pp range you drive Micheal-5, but I have to catch my drift all the time while racing online. The 400 degree turn on Cape ring is like balancing a knife on it's edge, that little transition half way all too easily puts your car off balance into a spin.

Anyway I find them pretty equal when on the track, GT5 more difficult when you touch the side of the track and of course when the track is accumulating water.

There's only a few cars in the demo to compare however, I'll get to F4 after the holiday season. The biggest draw to F4 for me are the tracks that GT5 doesn't have. Always looking for more tracks to race on.

Wait so when you play the GT5 campaign you can't set it to be as realistic as the game can get? That seems a bit ridiculous if true.

Yeah, what Ethomaz said. Damage, tire wear, fuel, tire grip are all preset for the campaign. I didn't know about the tire grip setting until I played online. It only effects off-road and wet races btw, it's the same on (dry) track. The wet races never made sense to me with normal tires handling better then rain tires until I learned about this setting. Wet races are still more demanding, but rain tires are pointless in the campaign until the endurance races.

At least you can always turn off skid recovery force, gt5's casual mode.

SvennoJ said:
yo_john117 said:
SvennoJ said:
In my experience with the demo of F4 with all assists of, it is easier then GT5 with tire grip set to real. (which you don't get in the campaign btw) F4 is a lot more forgiving when you go over the edge of the track with 1 or 2 wheels.

I don't know what cars or pp range you drive Micheal-5, but I have to catch my drift all the time while racing online. The 400 degree turn on Cape ring is like balancing a knife on it's edge, that little transition half way all too easily puts your car off balance into a spin.

Anyway I find them pretty equal when on the track, GT5 more difficult when you touch the side of the track and of course when the track is accumulating water.

There's only a few cars in the demo to compare however, I'll get to F4 after the holiday season. The biggest draw to F4 for me are the tracks that GT5 doesn't have. Always looking for more tracks to race on.

Yeah, what Ethomaz said. Damage, tire wear, fuel, tire grip are all preset for the campaign. I didn't know about the tire grip setting until I played online. It only effects off-road and wet races btw, it's the same on (dry) track. The wet races never made sense to me with normal tires handling better then rain tires until I learned about this setting. Wet races are still more demanding, but rain tires are pointless in the campaign until the endurance races.

At least you can always turn off skid recovery force, gt5's casual mode.

Ah ok, that makes sense.

spurgeonryan said:
So now that it is all over who did we decide is the winner? Did I just do that?

Yes now it's over.

ethomaz said:

yo_john117 said:

That's not the case... most of campaign settings are pre-defined and you can't change it... so in the campaing (A-Spec or B-Spec) just the Endurance races have Tire Grip set to "Real".

Every other mode you can set these options manually.

What's the truth behind damage?

In GT5 I'm level 19, and I have not once played with damage in the game (I never played GT5 online when my PS3 worked, but I tried all other modes). I read online that cosmatic damage unlocks at lvl 20, and simulation damage (while minimal) at level 40. I've seen my friend play with cosmetic damage and he was lvl 24, so I assumed the lvl 20/40 thing was true, but in the past debates with you, you have told me I am incorrect.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
spurgeonryan said:
So now that it is all over who did we decide is the winner? Did I just do that?

Yes now it's over.

Nah it's just civil now. Order has been restored to the universe.

On another note...HOLY MOSES LMP1 cars are insane in Forza 4. Such a different experience from any racing game I have ever played before, the windsheild is so tiny, such a focused experience, and man does the car shake at 200mph

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Michael-5 said:
ils411 said:
Michael-5 said:

GT5 has other game modes, but I only car for track simulation. GT5 does have rally driving, but it's less integrated then in previous GT games, and I'm sorry 630 Japanese cars? Forza has more cars from the rest of the world, in almost every region, country by country. I really don't care for low end Japanese sports cars from the 90's and the GT-R. GT5 has more content, but a poor car selection (Do I really need a 1972 Honda Odyssey?), and I've always been a quality over quantity type of person, so to me Forza 4 offers more because it does everything spot on.

So? Whats wrong with Japanese cars? You have something against Japanese cars? I like Japanese cars.. I like japanese sports cars from the 90s and GT-R.

Just because YOU dont like it its instatly sucky? 

Watch it bro, your not only coming out as Biased but racist as well...

I love Japanese sports cars from the 90's, but how many do you really need? I like cars from other ends of the world too though, and for a racing sim Ferrarri's are much more important then a bunch of Civics.

I mean 13 S200's, there are more Honda S2000's then Ferrarri's in GT5, does that sound like an even distribution? Only 4 of those S2000's are structurally different as well (the other 9 are repeats from different regions, only changes are cosmetic like being RHD or LHD, or not related to the performance aspect of the car, like having a slightly different transmission to improve reliability).

pezus General Motors, and The Volkswagon Automotive Group are both larger then Toyota (ATM) and these three companies typically battle for the largest manufacter of automobiles. 1 company per region. So No Japanese cars aren't the most popular, it's a 3 way split between regions.

Also we only car about sports cars for Racing sims, car sales in volume are generally economy cars.

Do you really want cars like the 1972 Honda Odyssey, 1995 Daihatsu Move, 1983 Honda City, Nissan Cube 1998, and other shit cars like this?

And honestly, 3 Mustangs despite being on the market for nearly 50 years, but 68 Skylines?

Is that at all fair? You know how many awesome mustangs there are compared to essentially only 9 or 10 different models of Skyline?

Well, I prefere Japanese cars over American cars so a whole lota skylines and such doesn't bother me and 1 to 2 mustang is enough. My bro's first car ever was a 1998 Dihatsu hatchback. It was so slow  and ugly that I could just cry thinking about it. But it was his first car and the 1st car I got to drive a lot. Even if it sucks balls, being able to drive something like it in a sim brings back a lot of memories. So, yeah, Its cool that GT5 has cars like that.

When I was in high school, I dreamed of a 1995 honda civic, toyota corolla and mitsubishi lancer.  Never got to own a corolla or a lancer (though I did get the 1995 civic which i still own today and still prefer over any new car out there) and getting to drive cars like them, even in a sim is a dream come true.

Different folks, different strocks. So Its best we drop the car counting and stuff since car selections is more on personal taste and preferences.

Lets just say that both have a shit load of cars and you'll most likely find a car or ten that you like in both games.

double post

ils411 said:
Michael-5 said:

I love Japanese sports cars from the 90's, but how many do you really need? I like cars from other ends of the world too though, and for a racing sim Ferrarri's are much more important then a bunch of Civics.

I mean 13 S200's, there are more Honda S2000's then Ferrarri's in GT5, does that sound like an even distribution? Only 4 of those S2000's are structurally different as well (the other 9 are repeats from different regions, only changes are cosmetic like being RHD or LHD, or not related to the performance aspect of the car, like having a slightly different transmission to improve reliability).

pezus General Motors, and The Volkswagon Automotive Group are both larger then Toyota (ATM) and these three companies typically battle for the largest manufacter of automobiles. 1 company per region. So No Japanese cars aren't the most popular, it's a 3 way split between regions.

Also we only car about sports cars for Racing sims, car sales in volume are generally economy cars.

Do you really want cars like the 1972 Honda Odyssey, 1995 Daihatsu Move, 1983 Honda City, Nissan Cube 1998, and other shit cars like this?

And honestly, 3 Mustangs despite being on the market for nearly 50 years, but 68 Skylines?

Is that at all fair? You know how many awesome mustangs there are compared to essentially only 9 or 10 different models of Skyline?

Well, I prefere Japanese cars over American cars so a whole lota skylines and such doesn't bother me and 1 to 2 mustang is enough. My bro's first car ever was a 1998 Dihatsu hatchback. It was so slow  and ugly that I could just cry thinking about it. But it was his first car and the 1st car I got to drive a lot. Even if it sucks balls, being able to drive something like it in a sim brings back a lot of memories. So, yeah, Its cool that GT5 has cars like that.

When I was in high school, I dreamed of a 1995 honda civic, toyota corolla and mitsubishi lancer.  Never got to own a corolla or a lancer (though I did get the 1995 civic which i still own today and still prefer over any new car out there) and getting to drive cars like them, even in a sim is a dream come true.

Different folks, different strocks. So Its best we drop the car counting and stuff since car selections is more on personal taste and preferences.

Lets just say that both have a shit load of cars and you'll most likely find a car or ten that you like in both games.

Cars like that don't belong in a racing sim. Go get the traffic simulator they use to teach kids to drive and drive it there.

It's nice to be able to drive your own car in the game, but there is an extent to where this should be implemented. To allow everyone to drive their first car would mean we need a car roster of over 10,000 cars, and it's unfair that someone like you gets to drive their first car in a sim, but others, like me, don't.

My first car to drive was a 1986 Benz SEC 560, and that's far more appropriate of a car to put in the game then 20 Dahatsu's. You only need 1 or 2, the differences between models is tiny and insignificant.

It's nice that you can drive a 1995 Honda Civic, but do you really need a 91, 92, 93, and a 95 model?

How is that justified when there are only 3 Mustangs total. What if your first car was a Golf (GT5 only has 5 Golfs total), or an economy Chevy car (which doesn't exist in GT5), wouldn't that bother you?

GT5 has too many repeats, too many similar cars, and all together, too many Japanese cars. The world car economy is more then Japanese cars....

Wait I can make a joke... I did say GT5 is king of Ricers didn't I? It's funny to see someone who appreciates ricers over any new car, stand up for GT5. I guess for you GT5 is a great game, but for the vast majority, the car roster is plain old ..... :P! bad

Michael-5 said:
ils411 said:
Michael-5 said:

Cars like that don't belong in a racing sim. Go get the traffic simulator they use to teach kids to drive and drive it there.

It's nice to be able to drive your own car in the game, but there is an extent to where this should be implemented. To allow everyone to drive their first car would mean we need a car roster of over 10,000 cars, and it's unfair that someone like you gets to drive their first car in a sim, but others, like me, don't.

My first car to drive was a 1986 Benz SEC 560, and that's far more appropriate of a car to put in the game then 20 Dahatsu's. You only need 1 or 2, the differences between models is tiny and insignificant.

It's nice that you can drive a 1995 Honda Civic, but do you really need a 91, 92, 93, and a 95 model?

How is that justified when there are only 3 Mustangs total. What if your first car was a Golf (GT5 only has 5 Golfs total), or an economy Chevy car (which doesn't exist in GT5), wouldn't that bother you?

GT5 has too many repeats, too many similar cars, and all together, too many Japanese cars. The world car economy is more then Japanese cars....

Wait I can make a joke... I did say GT5 is king of Ricers didn't I? It's funny to see someone who appreciates ricers over any new car, stand up for GT5. I guess for you GT5 is a great game, but for the vast majority, the car roster is plain old ..... :P! bad

AH...but thats just it.. GRAN TURSIMO THE PREMIER DRIVING SIMULATOR!!!...

Gran Tursimo has always prided itself in being the preimier DRIVING Simulator. Key word here is DRIVING.

All those cars which you claim has no business bieng in a racing simulator suddenly makes sense now. doesn't it?

And no, you are not the vast majority. Stop claiming that your opinion is the opnion of the VAST Majority. Its geting really annoying. If the VAST majority agreed with you then shouldn't goforgold, ethomaz and the other GT5 supports be on your side? But their not, hence you and YOUR opinion is not automatically the opinion of the VAST Majority.

For someone who claims that he is just showing how good Forza 4 and not forcing his opinion as fact, you sure are putting down GT5 a lot just to make F4 look better plus the fact that you're in the face of everyone who speaks for GT5 trying to force your opinion on us as the be all only correct opinion.

Plus it doesn't help your image saying this "Go get the traffic simulator they use to teach kids to drive and drive it there.". I'm compeled to take that as an insult to my person and report you.