By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 vs F4 graphics (from in cockpit)/sound youtube comparison video--updated with DF comparison.

What is better for each game?

Sound: Forza 4 29 6.26%

Sound: GT5 6 1.30%

Graphics: Forza 4 14 3.02%

Graphics: GT5 67 14.47%

Sound/Graphics: Forza 4 109 23.54%

Sound/Graphics: GT5 144 31.10%

Sound: Both about the same 1 0.22%

Graphics: Both about the same 6 1.30%

Sound/Graphics: Both about the same 16 3.46%

See results. 69 14.90%

Total:461
trasharmdsister12 said:
yo_john117 said:

What do you guys think?

I think I shouldn't have ever made that "How to embed videos" thread.

But than I never would have been able to make this thread!

Oh wait....

:P

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Aldro said:

Overdone lightning =

damn is that Forza4? the lighting is way over done.

damn is that a cherry-picked screenshot in low res?! Also, way to be late to the discussion.

nightsurge said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Aldro said:

Overdone lightning =

damn is that a cherry-picked screenshot in low res?! Also, way to be late to the discussion.

The fact that you can change the brightness should negate this argument right here.

PullusPardus said:
kowenicki said:
PullusPardus said:
crissindahouse said:
PullusPardus said:
No offence to any Forza fan, but in Forza all the cars sound like F1 racers, a Mazda doesn't sound like this, this is a sound you find on a buffed up ferrari racer.

not really... i thought the same in the video but the cars i drove don't sound like f1. i think every car i drove sounds different to the other cars. sure i didn't drive all of them only like 30 different till now. it's the best sound i've ever heard in a racing game except the crash sound which always sounds dumb.

Every "Everyday" car in forza games sounds like a racer car, and also "feels" lot faster than it is in reality,its so you don't feel like "damn this car is so boring and slow" . and make every car exciting to drive, i think forza trying to appeal to the speed lovers than car inthusiasts , this isn't really what sims are made for

as for that Mazda car, it doesn't sound like that, Ever, even when its buffed up and spec'd up, like i said, they're trying to make even the standard roadster cars  feel exciting and powerful.

how does it "feel" faster, if it isnt faster, what does that even mean?

I know they arent faster becaaue I have taken the Ki Cee'd around the top gear track and I cant get near the best celebs times from the show...  The kia cee'd also sounds like shit (as it should)

it feels faster because of the engine sounds and the silk smooth driving, as if the cars are hovering over the track.

Have you actually played this game or are you talking about Forza Motorsport 3?

And lol at whoever deleted my 250kb pictures of Forza Motorsport 4.

yo_john117 said:
nightsurge said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Aldro said:

Overdone lightning =

The fact that you can change the brightness should negate this argument right here.

Yeah, I mean the only thing I would give them is that the roads themselves are a bit too reflective at times.

Around the Network
kiefer23 said:
PullusPardus said:
kowenicki said:
PullusPardus said:
crissindahouse said:
PullusPardus said:
No offence to any Forza fan, but in Forza all the cars sound like F1 racers, a Mazda doesn't sound like this, this is a sound you find on a buffed up ferrari racer.

not really... i thought the same in the video but the cars i drove don't sound like f1. i think every car i drove sounds different to the other cars. sure i didn't drive all of them only like 30 different till now. it's the best sound i've ever heard in a racing game except the crash sound which always sounds dumb.

Every "Everyday" car in forza games sounds like a racer car, and also "feels" lot faster than it is in reality,its so you don't feel like "damn this car is so boring and slow" . and make every car exciting to drive, i think forza trying to appeal to the speed lovers than car inthusiasts , this isn't really what sims are made for

as for that Mazda car, it doesn't sound like that, Ever, even when its buffed up and spec'd up, like i said, they're trying to make even the standard roadster cars  feel exciting and powerful.

I know they arent faster becaaue I have taken the Ki Cee'd around the top gear track and I cant get near the best celebs times from the show...  The kia cee'd also sounds like shit (as it should)

it feels faster because of the engine sounds and the silk smooth driving, as if the cars are hovering over the track.

i'm talking about the forza series in general.

Nsanity said:
Aldro said:
ethomaz said:
IMO.

- Environments look better in Forza 4

- Cars looks better in GT5 (Forza 4 has the same quality of some Standard cars)
- Sound is better in GT5
- Track is better in GT5

There are more... but in the video I can just see it.

Pretty much this.

confused, I thought you were on Forza's side, notice the complete lack of texture and shadow in that Forza copit, like it was made of glass

anyway OT:

who dropped a nuke on the Forza version of Leguna

Myrmi said:

Ahhh what a surprise group of 360 fans who doesnt even own a ps3 says forza is better....

Just as credible as MS saying their console is so much better.

Would it be more credible if i chime in, point out I own a 360 and a PS3, own Gran Turismo 5 (but not Forza 4), and then comment I think the environmental graphics look superior in Forza 4 than they do in Gran Turismo 5?  Would you also find my comment more credible if I also hate the excessive bashing of Gran Turismo 5 going about, and thing Gran Turismo 5 is epic?

PullusPardus said:
kiefer23 said:
PullusPardus said:
kowenicki said:
PullusPardus said:
crissindahouse said:
PullusPardus said:

i'm talking about the forza series in general.

Then pehaps you should play FM4 because as you would expect changes have been made and things improved and everything you mentioned ceases to exsist.

goforgold said:
Nsanity said:
Aldro said:
ethomaz said:
IMO.

- Environments look better in Forza 4

- Cars looks better in GT5 (Forza 4 has the same quality of some Standard cars)
- Sound is better in GT5
- Track is better in GT5

There are more... but in the video I can just see it.

Pretty much this.

confused, I thought you were on Forza's side, notice the complete lack of texture and shadow in that Forza copit, like it was made of glass

huh