By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 vs F4 graphics (from in cockpit)/sound youtube comparison video--updated with DF comparison.

What is better for each game?

Sound: Forza 4 29 6.26%

Sound: GT5 6 1.30%

Graphics: Forza 4 14 3.02%

Graphics: GT5 67 14.47%

Sound/Graphics: Forza 4 109 23.54%

Sound/Graphics: GT5 144 31.10%

Sound: Both about the same 1 0.22%

Graphics: Both about the same 6 1.30%

Sound/Graphics: Both about the same 16 3.46%

See results. 69 14.90%

Total:461
PlaystaionGamer said:
.. who really cares? if you love Car Sims & you have a PS3 & 360 just buy both!

everybody but you me and Rol. wheres CGI when you need him?

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

aha where is CGI? he would be all over this! 

PlaystaionGamer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

likely doing his college work. we won't see him until Nov sometime. congamer is somewhat back although i haven't seen much of him aroundthe forums.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

likely doing his college work. we won't see him until Nov sometime. congamer is somewhat back although i haven't seen much of him aroundthe forums.

im sure this thread would be more important to him the college work ahaha 

PlaystaionGamer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

im sure this thread would be more important to him the college work ahaha 

considering its game design i'm not so sure.

Around the Network

Offtopic, but if any of you guys are really serious about your sim racing, you should give iRacing on PC a go... in 3D and on 3 monitors:

And no, I'm nowhere near mental enough to do this myself.

The only thing that I am taking away from this thread is just how petty some members of this community can truly be when it comes to beloved franchises. These games both have very minor blemishes, and the aesthetics are just purely a matter of choice. Hey I have seen the world look like GT, and I have seen the world look like Forza. Really neither is unrealistic. All of which is ignoring the fact that at speed your never going to fixate on even a tenth of the shit some of you pulled out of your asses.

That said I am going to make the only real argument that is needed. The question isn't how pearly the games have been made. What seems to matter most is what is under the hood. You see what everyone ignored in this thread is this. Forza needs no defense, and what Polyphony Digital has put out is purely indefensible. Whether you want to admit it or not. Forza is this generations gold standard. It is a AAA series with three games under its belt. While Polyphony delivered twice, and didn't hit the mark once.

Since when it has ever been debatable that a B level title should be compared in earnest to a AAA title. Stop living in the past. Forza is the future, and the fact that Turn Ten can trounce Polyphony on the review boards, and match them on the only field some of you seem to think matters. Should be a glowing neon sign. Some of you are just going to be stunned when the next GT looks like Forza, and even more shocked when it plays like Forza.

Scoobes said:
Wow this thread is hilarious... then again, it was always going to happen with this topic!

Anyway, whilst I think Forza 4 looks more asthetically pleasing and is technically better on lighting and environmental textures, it looks a little over the top in places for a game that's trying to go for a realistic look. Lighting in general is overdone in numerous games but most aren't going for a life-like look but more of a pseudo realistic feel (Uncharted, Gears, Mass Effect, Halo etc.). If you look at Nsanity's pic of the grass earlier in the thread, the lighting makes it look too shiny and reflective whereas GT5's looks a little bland but not as over the top.

The same seems to be true of the sound. The car sounds more raw in Forza 4 whereas GT5 sounds a bit weak in comparison, but considerring it's only a Roadster, I'm not sure how accurate that portrayal is.

Since I own a Miata with a catback exhaust, I can tell you GT5 sounds like a stock car but is missing higher frequency sounds, especially at high revs.  Forza 4 sounds like a Miata with a ricer exhaust.

Being a true car lover, the GT series always had pretty poor engine sounds. Some of the cars in GT5 sound amazing but most are rather bland and muffled. The best engine sounds I've heard in a game are actually Ford Racing series.

ethomaz said:
Michael-5 said:

Show me a standard car in GT5 that looks better then a car in Forza 4.

No interior view of course.

GOOD STANDARD 

That still looks inferior to Forza 2. ethomaz please, you know Forza 4 looks A LOT better then that. You should give the Forza franchise the credit it deserves. It's really got GT5 beat in many (but not every) aspect.

Here is a Lotus from Forza 2. Notice how the wiper blades aren't 2D pixels? Saleen below on track.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results