By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 vs F4 graphics (from in cockpit)/sound youtube comparison video--updated with DF comparison.

What is better for each game?

Sound: Forza 4 29 6.26%

Sound: GT5 6 1.30%

Graphics: Forza 4 14 3.02%

Graphics: GT5 67 14.47%

Sound/Graphics: Forza 4 109 23.54%

Sound/Graphics: GT5 144 31.10%

Sound: Both about the same 1 0.22%

Graphics: Both about the same 6 1.30%

Sound/Graphics: Both about the same 16 3.46%

See results. 69 14.90%

Total:461

I'm not quite sure how people are criticizing the sound in F4.

I have a 1700 watt 7.2 surround sound system and in all honesty it's one of the best sounding games I've played.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Around the Network

Christ they're both very good and they often look near enough identical. How can people argue about them as though one is clearly way better? It's nonsense!

GT5 Spec 2.0 and FM4 do have differences, but they're more down to deliberate choice than anything else, and given that in both the main occupation is driving reasonably well simulated cars around reasonably well simulated tracks I'd say there's no way to declare one majorly better than the other really.

Hell, it's not like you even have to chose between them. If you have a PS3 GT5 is your only choice. If you have a 360 Forza is your only choice.

We should just have a sticky thread for Forza vs GT and another for Halo vs Killzone and maybe a third for Uncharted vs Gears and keep all this crap in those. IHMO.

If you're really that fussed about having the best driving/racing simulation experience then sell your console and games, save up and buy a PC and get a really realistic simulator with three monitors running in tandem.

BTW not having a good day at the moment in case it's not obvious.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Michael-5 said:

That still looks inferior to Forza 2. ethomaz please, you know Forza 4 looks A LOT better then that. You should give the Forza franchise the credit it deserves. It's really got GT5 beat in many (but not every) aspect.

Here is a Lotus from Forza 2. Notice how the wiper blades aren't 2D pixels? Saleen below on track.

Put some Punto pictures from Forza 4... GT5 is still better... and this Forza 2 picture is so bad, nothing like GT5 or Forza 3/4.

Dodece said:
The only thing that I am taking away from this thread is just how petty some members of this community can truly be when it comes to beloved franchises. These games both have very minor blemishes, and the aesthetics are just purely a matter of choice. Hey I have seen the world look like GT, and I have seen the world look like Forza. Really neither is unrealistic. All of which is ignoring the fact that at speed your never going to fixate on even a tenth of the shit some of you pulled out of your asses.

That said I am going to make the only real argument that is needed. The question isn't how pearly the games have been made. What seems to matter most is what is under the hood. You see what everyone ignored in this thread is this. Forza needs no defense, and what Polyphony Digital has put out is purely indefensible. Whether you want to admit it or not. Forza is this generations gold standard. It is a AAA series with three games under its belt. While Polyphony delivered twice, and didn't hit the mark once.

Since when it has ever been debatable that a B level title should be compared in earnest to a AAA title. Stop living in the past. Forza is the future, and the fact that Turn Ten can trounce Polyphony on the review boards, and match them on the only field some of you seem to think matters. Should be a glowing neon sign. Some of you are just going to be stunned when the next GT looks like Forza, and even more shocked when it plays like Forza.

quoted 4 truth

From the videos. Forza 4 looks better but really both games need to work on their environments.

From my experience playing both games whenever I see a car in front of me it looks out of place because the cars look pretty much real and the environments looks just so terrible. Maybe I'm too picky but seriously, work on the environment for Forza 5 and GT6. 

The video comparision really isn't fair for GT5 though. Any reasonable person who hasn't played the games would think Forza 4 looks a lot better if they just based their decision on that video. The focus of racing games is the cars, and the video shows none other than the interior of the cars that's being driven. In both games the cars look basically real so if thats what you think is most important buy the game thats on your favorite system. If its not from my experience GT5 benefits through more variety in gamemodes especially due to the weather. Forza 4 has better online and much better visual customization for cars.

In other news the guy playing forza smoked the guy playing GT5, I mean 5 second lead jeez.

Around the Network

looks like the people who prefer the xbox think forza is better... and the people who prefer ps3 think gt 5 is better...

btw if michael-5 isn't a turn 10 employee they should sure as hell employ him... he makes sure that he responds to anyone who doesn't share his opinion that forza is better and sets them straight on why they should have it

Why the same car in the same circuit was so much faster in F4 than in GT5? Does the former simulate asphalt and tyres with better grip than the latter?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Ok people OK!.

I've just spend like 45mins reading this thread my god i mean seriously my god.

I've got Gt5 and FM4. People who are saying that gt sounds miles ahead of forza need to go out get a decent sound system. I'm a car nut forza is so far ahead of gt at least from that outside of the car. I find forzas in car to distort a too much (no that isnt real life, it just isnt). This does annoy me as i love the cockpit view, ive been trying to change my racing view just because i love the sound of a car popping and cracking as you change down coming into a corner or even lifting off the throttle.

As for the handling forza you can "feel" when your car is on the edge of whats going on. Any body that as a decent car in real life, would know that neither game is overly that close to real. My personal car is much handling designed, have you ever tried to enter a corner at 70kph it wont happen, well it will but you better be ready to under steer a LONG way.

This last point is just a general point that annoys me, my real car as 170hp, i would almost 100% say that do a drag race in either game and you couldn't get 13.46. A little off topic this just annoys the crap outta me.

Whitedevil, over and out

Here's a lens of truth comparison between the two. http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-gran-turismo-5-vs-forza-3-analysis/

They say overall GT5 has slightly better graphics but the performance is much more consistent in Forza 4 with less screen tearing and better frames per second.

But all in all very close to each other.

Turns out that's a F3 vs GT5 comparison >_>

Here's another comparison from digital foundry--http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tech-analysis-forza-motorsport-4?page=3

Most of it's just an in depth look of F4 but at the end they have a comparison bit between F4 and GT5.

Pretty much the same thing that lens of truth said. They both have their strengths and they are both admirable sim racing games.

"The comparison is intriguing on a number of levels: it demonstrates that the aesthetic look of the two games is very, very different - especially in terms of the lighting, and that while Forza's performance level is wholly consistent at 60FPS, GT5 can drop frames and tear, even at 720p (with further frame-rate drops if running in 1080p or 3D modes). Also remarkable is how completely different the audio scheme is between the two games. On these courses at least, there's a pretty strong argument that Forza has considerably more track detail, but you can make up your own mind with this Forza 4/GT5 comparison gallery."

"The overall impression we get from playing both games back-to-back is that each has its own strengths: in terms of the handling and audio Turn 10 could well have moved ahead of its competition while Polyphony's minute attention to detail (to the point of implementing working headlights/dynamic shadows in the cockpit view) plus the sheer range of different driving scenarios remains second to none. Both titles excel in their own ways - especially in terms of visuals - and we have the feeling that motorsport fans probably own both consoles and are equally invested in both games. We aim to take a look at how these games play with a number of different steering wheel peripherals in a future Digital Foundry hardware article."