By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 vs F4 graphics (from in cockpit)/sound youtube comparison video--updated with DF comparison.

What is better for each game?

Sound: Forza 4 29 6.26%

Sound: GT5 6 1.30%

Graphics: Forza 4 14 3.02%

Graphics: GT5 67 14.47%

Sound/Graphics: Forza 4 109 23.54%

Sound/Graphics: GT5 144 31.10%

Sound: Both about the same 1 0.22%

Graphics: Both about the same 6 1.30%

Sound/Graphics: Both about the same 16 3.46%

See results. 69 14.90%

Total:461
yo_john117 said:

What do you guys think?

I think the sound in Forza 4 sounds better than GT5 and the outside environments are much better than GT5, but GT5's cockpit looks better than Forza 4's.

Too bad they couldn't have done an outside car view.

Why compare Forza 4 to a game that is over a year old? If you want a fair and mature comparrison, compare forza 3 to GT5.

Around the Network

damn fanboys. Just Shut Up And Drive aleady.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up7pvPqNkuU

maverick40 said:

Why compare Forza 4 to a game that is over a year old? If you want a fair and mature comparrison, compare forza 3 to GT5.

I hope you're joking... Forza 3 is over a year older than GT5 lol

The "fair" comparison, is to compare the most recent release with the current "king" to find out the new king.

IMO.

- Environments look better in Forza 4

- Cars looks better in GT5 (Forza 4 has the same quality of some Standard cars)
- Sound is better in GT5
- Track is better in GT5

There are more... but in the video I can just see it.

well, i think overall, forza looks better. dont get me wrong. I am a huge gt fan. i have played more than 100+hrs with gt5p and gt5 and i waited til midnight at walmart to get my copy first. but there is absolutely no comparison in the video. forza LOOKS better. better color, background, lightings and of course, the engine sound. but would that want me to ditch my 3 ps3 triple screen gt5 set up? not so fast. the reason i play gt is very realistic physics, and players all over the world (JP, UK, FR, GR, ETC ETC) that i raced with and now race buddies. gt franchise is bigger and i still think it has more to offer than what forza can offer now. forza is becoming a true competitor to gt now and there is no question about that. but it would be hard to gain ground and convert gt fans jump into forza. however, what is missing in the video is other cars racing. what i absolutely love about gt is how the cars look amazing when you are passing them or get passed.

Around the Network
Myrmi said:

Ahhh what a surprise group of 360 fans who doesnt even own a ps3 says forza is better....

Just as credible as MS saying their console is so much better.

I own both, and I've put in about 50 hours into GT5. Forza 4 looks much much better.

Audio especially, Forza 4 audio compared to GT5 is like Dark Knight compared to Charlie Brown Christmas.

Wow I'm really surprised, the VGC community actually says Forza, a MS brand, is better then a Sony brand? Even most of the GT and sony fans agree.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

ethomaz said:
IMO.

- Sound is better in GT5
- Track is better in GT5

Pretty much this.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:

ok Therese allot of crazy post in this thread, so i'll say what i see.

Forza is brighter then GT5 until the sun passes inside the car on the inside of the GT5 car.

as for this stupid audio argument. i heard one car sound so the audio comment is stupid and unfounded.

Forza tries to show more detail by being brighter and it works for the road, but not the cockpit. that cockpit is just blurry and i have 20/20 vision so don't try to argue this point.

GT5's lighting when the sun passes inside the car shows as light and not something made to make the car more detailed. GT5's sunlight is done perfectly.

last but not least Seece and op. your right it doesn't matter. growing up is a part of life for some and for others...............................................................

Inside the cockpit in GT5, shadows are very pixelated, and texture detail isn't as good as Forza 4. I mean look at the vinyl dash specifically, Forza really did that well.

Trust me on audio, Forza is better. I have really insane sense of hearing (I can hear mute on old cathode ray tv's, they weren't 100% mute), and 20/20 vision like you.

Forza 4 tries to show more detail by having glossy metal surfaces, and it works because the ray scattering engine reflects light off surfaces much better then any other game I have ever seen. Inside it's not as good, but still better then GT5, but not by much. Knobs, stereo's, gauges, displays, all look better in Forza 4, but I think that the leather sticthing on the steering wheel (and the seats in rear in car view) is supperior to Forza, but just. Overall I would say Forza looks more authentic, and detailed.

GT5's sunlight is far from perfect, as I mentioned earlier, in car it's very pixelated, and even when you follow another car closely, you see pretty large pixels. Forza 4 does lighting better.

In the end, I'm just happy Forza 4 looks a lot better then GT5. It's going to make GT6 an amazing game. Competition brews quality.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

maverick40 said:

I think the sound in Forza 4 sounds better than GT5 and the outside environments are much better than GT5, but GT5's cockpit looks better than Forza 4's.

Too bad they couldn't have done an outside car view.

Forza 3 is a year older then GT5, how is that any more fair?

The comparision, is which looks the best overall regardless of age. Forza 4 is a clear winner, and with no signs of a PS3 bound GT6, Forza might just be the best of the 7th gen.

ethomaz said:
IMO.

- Sound is better in GT5
- Track is better in GT5

At the bold....You're joking right? The sound in Forza 4 makes me want to get surround sound. GT5 sound is no different from Forza 3. As for track, what texture quality does GT5 have? Grass and pavement look bland, and I've played just as much GT5 as you to be able to see this.

Cars are pretty close in quality, so I want aregue that, although a disagree.