By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 vs F4 graphics (from in cockpit)/sound youtube comparison video--updated with DF comparison.

What is better for each game?

Sound: Forza 4 29 6.26%

Sound: GT5 6 1.30%

Graphics: Forza 4 14 3.02%

Graphics: GT5 67 14.47%

Sound/Graphics: Forza 4 109 23.54%

Sound/Graphics: GT5 144 31.10%

Sound: Both about the same 1 0.22%

Graphics: Both about the same 6 1.30%

Sound/Graphics: Both about the same 16 3.46%

See results. 69 14.90%

Total:461
pezus said:
Michael-5 said:
brendude13 said:
Michael-5 said:
brendude13 said:

Would just like to point out, GT5 doesn't run upscaled 720p.

Poor use of wording. GT5 and Forza 4 run upscaled 1080p. Neither show native 1080p in gameplay (GT5 does show it for car models in the dealership).

I meant to say, upscaled from 720p, but that's wrong too, as the graphics in both games are upscaled from some level between 720p and 1080p.

Forza 4 runs at native 720p with variable AA (2x - 4x) and Gran Turismo 5 runs at 1280 x 1080 with 2xAA, or 720p with 4xAA if you the change the settings.

As for the whole graphics argument, I haven't got Forza 4 yet but I am planning to soon, it's clear that overall Forza 4 has better graphics, especially when it comes to the environments. Gran Turismo 5 isn't that far behind though, the car detail, lighting, shadows and colour scheme are better in my opinion. Forza 4 let itself down by having too much of a "cartoony" image, the contrast is far too high.

As for the game itself, physics and controls seem better in GT5 from what I've played, but Forza 4 is the much better game. Not for gameplay, but for everything else, such as car classes and game modes.

Like some random reviewer said, Gran Turismo 5 is a 10/10 simulator wrapped up in a 5/10 game.

This is why I consider you one of the smarter debaters.

IGN said GT5 is a 10/10 Simulator in a 5/10 game. However they also said Forza 4 is a near perfect sim too.

Both games are excellent, Forza 4 is better as a game, but for core driving mechanics GT5 is still damn close in quality. If you want to take a Zonda to nurburgring, it doesn't really matter which game you play.

Wish people would stop trying to label each other and look at the bigger image like you do.

Wait, so you're quoting IGN now?

the desperation has come full circle man, this thread is over

I expected more from you Forza guys............................that's sarcasm BTW I knew for fact you guys would ignore all facts and logic pointed towards you and result to the typical bullshit my opinion is fact because I said so crap

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
yo_john117 said:

/thread

Seriously that's it guys pack it up. There is nothing more to be said than this.

I know I'm done.

You thought you are slightly biased for Microsoft. Think again.

???

RolStoppable said:
yo_john117 said:
RolStoppable said:
yo_john117 said:

/thread

Seriously that's it guys pack it up. There is nothing more to be said than this.

I know I'm done.

???

You should know how cross-thread conversations work.

Also, this thread really can't end like this. The only acceptable way is a lock accompanied by at least two people getting banned. Otherwise it wasn't worth it.

You are right. The only think you can do now do something to get banned, then we only need 1 more person.

RolStoppable said:
yo_john117 said:
RolStoppable said:
yo_john117 said:

/thread

I know I'm done.

???

You should know how cross-thread conversations work.

Also, this thread really can't end like this. The only acceptable way is a lock accompanied by at least two people getting banned. Otherwise it wasn't worth it.

@ yo_john

I think he is talking about our little convo

RolStoppable said:
yo_john117 said:

You are right. The only think you can do now do something to get banned, then we only need 1 more person.

Make a goddamn NFL prediction league already.

Far too much work for my lazy arse

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
osamanobama said:
Michael-5 said:
Are you guys still at it?

We already established Forza 4 is better, but GT5 has it's traits.

Geez, even I stopped. This is why you guys stayed at home alone on Halloween.

michael, this really has to stop.

WE alreadry established that Forza is better, you mean YOU, have already established that (in fact you did so before either forza and GT come out).

1)No We. Several people alredy established Forza 4 was better. Ontop of that the metascore, is higher, and the physics engine is superior (but not by much). This was established way back in the thread. GT5 fans (who haven't played Forza 4) just keep trickling in and nitpicking at little flaws. Who cares about little flaws, but games have them, but the fact is Forza 4 looks and plays better.

and dont make me laugh so hard, "EVEN I STOPPED" lol, what are you talking about man, you have the most posts in this thread by far, making sure you respond to each and everyone who doesnt think forza is God's gift to man, and you then you didnt post for a few hours, and you call that stopping. lol, man, and guess what bro you are posting right now. so dont act like the other posters are some how childish, still going at it in this thread, and you are above them, having stopped.

2)Yea, and when was my last post? I know I'm super serious when it comes to racing games, and there are a lot of ignorant people here. If I stopped, a crazy racing game nut with 2 racing wheels, that just shows you how ignorant some people are (both sides), and how some people can't accept competition, or having their prized game being surpassed in quality/content (GT5 side), while others can't accept well... competition, and that no matter how good a game is, the older product can outperform it in some aspects (GT5 does do some stuff better then Forza 4, and Forza 3 does do some stuff better then GT5, and even Forza 4 [It has Porsche])

I used to respond to respond to everyone who was ignorant, not just GT5 supporters, and I debated with those such as Booh who presented fact in an organized manner.

you didnt, and still wont, you wont stop until every single person, changes their minds, because you are right and they are wrong. dude, we have been over this, stop stop trying to claim your opinions as fact, and stop trying to make sure that there is absolutely no criticism of Forza. NEWS FLASH: people can have different opinions than you... get over it. and you, yes you (as well as many other posters in this thread) need to grow up, and stop acting like its other people that are the immature ones in this thread.

3)No because I realize we have people like you on this thread, so I don't care anymore. Everyone who has played both games knows Forza 4 is better. GT5 is just brand name, and to some people brand name means everything.

I know people have different opinions, I never told someone they were wrong when they said GT5 premium car (int/ext) looks better then Forza 4. I did argue with people who said GT5 Standard cars look as good as Forza 4 cars, but that type of comment is clearly trolling.

People can prefer GT5 over Forza 4 all they like, the games are structured differently (much more grinding and tuning in GT5, where Forza 4 encourages you to race with as many cars as possible).

so just stop this

Look what your doing and tell me that I'm the one being unfair to people/games. Every time I say the slightest comment against any PS3 game, you attack me. Do you ever attack me when I critisize Battlefield, or Fable? or Nintendo as a company? No. Please, stop being this way. Sometimes you attack me even when I wasn't critisizing a game (InFamous 1).

edit: really Selnor, we should no trust YOU and Selnor about which game is better. you should be a comedian. (it was a joke right?!, if not my condelences). i guess i should ask aaron greenberg, and major nelson, if xbox is better, and has the best games too, huh. 

4)Hey, who was it who didn't know how to tune a car, or win some of the more challenging races in GT5 and came to me for help? Selnor is one of the few people I know who can compete in a racing game with me at my level. I could easily beat you in a race, and that holds true for almost anyone on this thread. On the VGC Forza 4 Car Club Selnor and I hold the fastest times for the Top Gear Track, and we are over a full second ahead of the next best, and multiple seconds faster then the average.

Selnor and I can push the cars in racing games, we also play them a lot more then you. Were bigger car fans then anyone else here.

Accept your place.

Selnor really?

YOUR OPINIONS ARE NOT FACT, IT IS POSSIBLE FOR PEOPLE TO NOT AGREE WITH YOUR OPINIONS, LET IT GO.

I would ask you to do the same. Did you not try to tell me in the other thread that Uncharted 3 is a perfect game (without ever having played it) in both single player and multiplayer, and that I am just plain wrong for thinking Uncharted 3 has an average multiplayer compinent, and I am the only person who thinks that because it was a FACT that UC3 is perfect in every way?

You do this a lot more then you realize, and you attack others for doing to same thing as you. I at least understand when my opinion is overplayed, and will withdraw or append a comment if I feel I innaccuratly expressed it.

5)If you want any proof that Forza 4 is a better game, look at the metascore. It's 10% higher.

6)Want any proof Forza 4 has better graphics then GT5 Spec 2.0. Read what Digital Foundry says. Both run upscaled 1080p, with native 720p. However, GT5 drops in FPS even in ideal conditions, where Forza 4 remains at a constant 60FPS. On top of other points, they argue Forza 4 is a better looking game. Heck they said Forza 3 looks nearly as good as GT5.

If Digital Foundry not enough, look at the reviews IGN gave Forza 4 a 9.5/10 for Graphics, but GT5 only a 9/10. Most websites do the same.

Want to argue physics? Read a professional review by a car magazine. Most say they are on par.

THIS should be the end of the thread, but no.

7)People on both sides can't accept competition, and it's worse from GT5 fans because they can't accept their brand name sim is beaten by a newcommer. This happens, but the next Forza/GT will be better then all prior installments.

Forza has grown as a franchise. It's a top class sim like GT5, and the main reason why Forza 4 is better is because it's newer, and incourpates all the advances in development, and crtisisms of both GT5 and prior Forza games and fixes them as best as possible.

This isn't opinion, this is a general concensus. My opinion is Forza 4 is a much better game then GT5, I never push that, I only argue it's better.

Now stop stalking me and hating me on anything anti-PS3. You tire me.

ok now your just trolling us. you got me, i thought you were being serious... wait what, you are?

1)NO michael, it was just YOU who decided that Forza is the best, thats not a fact, it cant be proven, and there ARE people who OWN BOTH that think GT5 is the best. stop stating your opinions as facts, they arent. do i give a damn that you think Forza is better, NO!. do i give a damn that you are being ignorant and condesending to all those you differ in thinking than you, YES!.

2) i cant even understand the first have of that paragragh. As for the second it sounds like it is YOU who cant handle competition, so you demean and degrade anything that threatens your precious Forza.

3)people like me in this thread? what have i done, have i compared the 2 games? have i made any assessment on which one is better, have i criticized people for thinking different than me, NO NO NO.

now your just trolling, people only care about GT because of the brand name? man, you are trolling hard, you need to be banned. could it be, people actually prefer and enjoy GT5. no couldnt be if michael doesnt then no must.

4) so because i didnt know how to tune a car, i must now listen to 2 very biased, random people on the internet, one of whom only owns an xbox, for advice on which game is better. and all because they are really good at playing the videogame Forza?

Accept my place, what does this mean, should i sit in the back of the bus, and accept your opinions as fact, is that my place?

5) so GTA is the best game of this generation, Uncharted is greater than all xbox games. lol

6) now your just plain ignorant or flat out lying. Gran Turismo runs at a native 1080p (1280x720). its not upscaled at all. and its rather ironic that you mention DigitalFoundry, as they made it fairly clear in their tech review, that they prefered GT5. making references to its in a class of it own in racing simulation and features, and how it has better lighting, and car models. But they also say that GT5 has significantly more screen tear and frame drops than forza (put its also pushing a lot more pixels, and cars (now forza finally has 16 cars, sometimes, and with reduced visuals and AI))

7)this sounds like you

Osamanobama, Michael-5, both of you.

Just stop now. This "discussion" isn't getting anywhere, and all it's going to do is get one or both of you banned. Feel free to have a civil debate, but stop being unreasonable and saying that the other person is being unreasonable.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Osamanobama, Michael-5, both of you.

Just stop now. This "discussion" isn't getting anywhere, and all it's going to do is get one or both of you banned. Feel free to have a civil debate, but stop being unreasonable and saying that the other person is being unreasonable.

okay, but i havent even compared these 2 games, let alone claim one is better than the other.

all i have said is his opinion doesnt equal fact, and saying something is already determined doesnt mean so either (being as he was the one who determined it.

im just saying if you look at my comments in this thread (which i think there is like 3 of them), no of them involve flaming the games, demeaning them in anyway

I agree with @osamanobama... there are no fact showing Forza 4 or GT5 is better.

IMO GT5 is way better... that's my opinion... not a fact.

There are many good things in Forza 4 but there are many bad things too... same for GT5... but overalll and for me GT5 is a better game.

pezus said:
Michael-5 said:
brendude13 said:
Michael-5 said:
brendude13 said:

Would just like to point out, GT5 doesn't run upscaled 720p.

Poor use of wording. GT5 and Forza 4 run upscaled 1080p. Neither show native 1080p in gameplay (GT5 does show it for car models in the dealership).

I meant to say, upscaled from 720p, but that's wrong too, as the graphics in both games are upscaled from some level between 720p and 1080p.

Forza 4 runs at native 720p with variable AA (2x - 4x) and Gran Turismo 5 runs at 1280 x 1080 with 2xAA, or 720p with 4xAA if you the change the settings.

As for the whole graphics argument, I haven't got Forza 4 yet but I am planning to soon, it's clear that overall Forza 4 has better graphics, especially when it comes to the environments. Gran Turismo 5 isn't that far behind though, the car detail, lighting, shadows and colour scheme are better in my opinion. Forza 4 let itself down by having too much of a "cartoony" image, the contrast is far too high.

As for the game itself, physics and controls seem better in GT5 from what I've played, but Forza 4 is the much better game. Not for gameplay, but for everything else, such as car classes and game modes.

Like some random reviewer said, Gran Turismo 5 is a 10/10 simulator wrapped up in a 5/10 game.

This is why I consider you one of the smarter debaters.

IGN said GT5 is a 10/10 Simulator in a 5/10 game. However they also said Forza 4 is a near perfect sim too.

Both games are excellent, Forza 4 is better as a game, but for core driving mechanics GT5 is still damn close in quality. If you want to take a Zonda to nurburgring, it doesn't really matter which game you play.

Wish people would stop trying to label each other and look at the bigger image like you do.

Wait, so you're quoting IGN now?

Not to furthur any arguement. I am telling Brendude where his quote came from.

goforgold Your the one getting desperate here. This comment was not at all intended to furthur any discussion in the thread. Was only telling brendude where the quote came from.

Man....give it up...

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results