By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 vs F4 graphics (from in cockpit)/sound youtube comparison video--updated with DF comparison.

What is better for each game?

Sound: Forza 4 29 6.26%

Sound: GT5 6 1.30%

Graphics: Forza 4 14 3.02%

Graphics: GT5 67 14.47%

Sound/Graphics: Forza 4 109 23.54%

Sound/Graphics: GT5 144 31.10%

Sound: Both about the same 1 0.22%

Graphics: Both about the same 6 1.30%

Sound/Graphics: Both about the same 16 3.46%

See results. 69 14.90%

Total:461

My god people.... This is just pathetic. Just let it go.

We all have our own preferences, this debate will never end.

Forza 4 is a better game, no arguement (look at scores), graphics are better, but if you prefer GT5, that's understandable. The differences aren't huge. Physics are on par.

This is what the industry says (reviews, Digital Foundry, car and track magazines, etc).

If you prefer GT5, that's fine. If you prefer Forza 4 that's fine.

If you only have 1 console or only played 1 game, think to yourself...are you biased?

Forget all brand imaging, and stereotypes each game has. Play the game, and judge for yourself. If you only own 1 console, you still get an amazing sim either way.

Why can't people on both sides realize this, accept it, state it, and move on? Where did all the intelligent debaters go...wait they left long ago, like I should have....

Not going to waste my time here anymore. Let the fanboys fight, I'll just enjoy the games.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
goforgold said:

lmao

oh and your right

Last comment. This video shows a huge pet peeve of mine about GT5. Falls from those heights would cripple any cars suspension, and that Audi R8 should have bottomed out, but GT5 you just keep racing. In Forza 4, no tracks have jumps onthat big, but go to that Cape something track in GT5, and right before the big oval on the reverse curcuit, you will get 10 vertical feet of air.

Everyone argues which is a better sim, but both games fail to address critical flaws in gameplay.

As good as both games are, they have flaws.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

brendude13 said:

Would just like to point out, GT5 doesn't run upscaled 720p.

Poor use of wording. GT5 and Forza 4 run upscaled 1080p. Neither show native 1080p in gameplay (GT5 does show it for car models in the dealership).

I meant to say, upscaled from 720p, but that's wrong too, as the graphics in both games are upscaled from some level between 720p and 1080p.

Michael-5 said:
goforgold said:

I'm convinced your fucking with us now , that's some Rol level trolling there, respect man respect LMAO!!! or atleast.......that's what I'm going to tell myself

This is exactly the type of ignorance people show on these threads. Accept the competition and move on. geez.

Turn 10 is twice the size of PD, and been working on Forza games for 360 just as long. Many more man-hours have been put into Forza 4 then GT5. What you are basically saying, is the bed sheet with the lower thread count is softer and better quality, when in reality you just like the brand of the sheet more.

Back you into a corner, and you can't even admit defeat. Geez man, let it go. You like GT5 better, but the metascore and graphics score on individual sites is lower then Forza 4. The gaming industry accepts Forza 4 as a better game, and car and track analysts say the physics are on par.

The industry has changed since 2001, GT5 isn't even are remotly good as GT3/GT4 were when they released. Polyphony has forgotten many aspects which made GT great, and Forza has really developed.

Bet you haven't even played Forza 4.

wow, and the worst part is you really believe the shit post don't you, I bring features and you bring.....bullshit opinions, can't post a single Fact can you, sad man really sad

Slowmo pay attention, this is why I don't bother....

Michael-5 said:
brendude13 said:

Poor use of wording. GT5 and Forza 4 run upscaled 1080p. Neither show native 1080p in gameplay (GT5 does show it for car models in the dealership).

I meant to say, upscaled from 720p, but that's wrong too, as the graphics in both games are upscaled from some level between 720p and 1080p.

Forza 4 runs at native 720p with variable AA (2x - 4x) and Gran Turismo 5 runs at 1280 x 1080 with 2xAA, or 720p with 4xAA if you the change the settings.

As for the whole graphics argument, I haven't got Forza 4 yet but I am planning to soon, it's clear that overall Forza 4 has better graphics, especially when it comes to the environments. Gran Turismo 5 isn't that far behind though, the car detail, lighting, shadows and colour scheme are better in my opinion. Forza 4 let itself down by having too much of a "cartoony" image, the contrast is far too high.

As for the game itself, physics and controls seem better in GT5 from what I've played, but Forza 4 is the much better game. Not for gameplay, but for everything else, such as car classes and game modes.

Like some random reviewer said, Gran Turismo 5 is a 10/10 simulator wrapped up in a 5/10 game.

Around the Network
goforgold said:
Michael-5 said:
goforgold said:

I'm convinced your fucking with us now , that's some Rol level trolling there, respect man respect LMAO!!! or atleast.......that's what I'm going to tell myself

This is exactly the type of ignorance people show on these threads. Accept the competition and move on. geez.

Turn 10 is twice the size of PD, and been working on Forza games for 360 just as long. Many more man-hours have been put into Forza 4 then GT5. What you are basically saying, is the bed sheet with the lower thread count is softer and better quality, when in reality you just like the brand of the sheet more.

Back you into a corner, and you can't even admit defeat. Geez man, let it go. You like GT5 better, but the metascore and graphics score on individual sites is lower then Forza 4. The gaming industry accepts Forza 4 as a better game, and car and track analysts say the physics are on par.

The industry has changed since 2001, GT5 isn't even are remotly good as GT3/GT4 were when they released. Polyphony has forgotten many aspects which made GT great, and Forza has really developed.

wow, and the worst part is you really believe the shit post don't you, I bring features and you bring.....bullshit opinions, can't post a single Fact can you, sad man really sad

I bring options? More cars, higher scores, better graphics, more tracks, more high resolution cars, and Top Gear are options?

Shit i post, what did that above post do to further your arguement? Nothing. Your just bring in hate, and flaming.

I could say the same about you "The worst part is you really believe the shit you post don't you."

Geez man let it go. Why does one game have to be vastly better then the other? This thread is stupid, I'm ashamed to even participate debating with someone who continuously ignores facts and is as ignorant as you.

Just stop man. How many times has that been said in this thread already? Apparently not enough.

brendude13 said:
Michael-5 said:
brendude13 said:

Forza 4 runs at native 720p with variable AA (2x - 4x) and Gran Turismo 5 runs at 1280 x 1080 with 2xAA, or 720p with 4xAA if you the change the settings.

As for the whole graphics argument, I haven't got Forza 4 yet but I am planning to soon, it's clear that overall Forza 4 has better graphics, especially when it comes to the environments. Gran Turismo 5 isn't that far behind though, the car detail, lighting, shadows and colour scheme are better in my opinion. Forza 4 let itself down by having too much of a "cartoony" image, the contrast is far too high.

As for the game itself, physics and controls seem better in GT5 from what I've played, but Forza 4 is the much better game. Not for gameplay, but for everything else, such as car classes and game modes.

Like some random reviewer said, Gran Turismo 5 is a 10/10 simulator wrapped up in a 5/10 game.

This is why I consider you one of the smarter debaters.

IGN said GT5 is a 10/10 Simulator in a 5/10 game. However they also said Forza 4 is a near perfect sim too.

Both games are excellent, Forza 4 is better as a game, but for core driving mechanics GT5 is still damn close in quality. If you want to take a Zonda to nurburgring, it doesn't really matter which game you play.

Wish people would stop trying to label each other and look at the bigger image like you do.

Michael-5 said:
brendude13 said:
Michael-5 said:
brendude13 said:

This is why I consider you one of the smarter debaters.

IGN said GT5 is a 10/10 Simulator in a 5/10 game. However they also said Forza 4 is a near perfect sim too.

Both games are excellent, Forza 4 is better as a game, but for core driving mechanics GT5 is still damn close in quality. If you want to take a Zonda to nurburgring, it doesn't really matter which game you play.

Wish people would stop trying to label each other and look at the bigger image like you do.

The cars felt pretty floaty in the Forza 4 demo, maybe it was because it was a cold track.

Anyway, I want to get Forza 4, it'll be my first Forza game.

Michael-5 said:
goforgold said:
Michael-5 said:
goforgold said:

I bring options? More cars, higher scores, better graphics, more tracks, more high resolution cars, and Top Gear are options?

Shit i post, what did that above post do to further your arguement? Nothing. Your just bring in hate, and flaming.

I could say the same about you "The worst part is you really believe the shit you post don't you."

Geez man let it go. Why does one game have to be vastly better then the other? This thread is stupid, I'm ashamed to even participate debating with someone who continuously ignores facts and is as ignorant as you.

Just stop man. How many times has that been said in this thread already? Apparently not enough.

you completely ignored the post that furthered my argument as to remain in your fantsy world

Does Forza have group C race cars

Does Forza have Rally cars

Does Forza have NASCAR

Does Forza have German Touring Cars

Does Forza have Karts

Does Forza have any F1 cars

Is there dynamic Rain in Forza

Is there dynamic Snow in Forza

Is there Rain at all in Forza

Is there Snow at all in Forza

Can you race on Dirt roads in Forza

Can you race on Snow roads in Forza

Can you race on Wet roads in Forza

Can you watch the sun go down in Forza

Can you watch the sun come up in Forza

Can you race at night in Forza

Can you do a full 24 hours of Le Mans in Forza

Can you do a full 24 Hours of Nurburgring in Forza 4

Are there any endurance (races that last for at least 2 hours or more) races at all in Forza 4

is there a Track editor in Forza 4

Are there point to point Rally in Forza 4

Are there City courses in Forza 4

Are there License Test in Forza

Are there Drift Trails in Forza

WTF can you do in Forza??? honest question from someone who hasn't played Forza 4 but is 90% complete with GT5, sell me Forza 4 what are the things I can do that I can't do in GT5

Michael-5 said:
My god people.... This is just pathetic. Just let it go.

We all have our own preferences, this debate will never end.

Forza 4 is a better game, no arguement (look at scores), graphics are better, but if you prefer GT5, that's understandable. The differences aren't huge. Physics are on par.

This is what the industry says (reviews, Digital Foundry, car and track magazines, etc).

If you prefer GT5, that's fine. If you prefer Forza 4 that's fine.

If you only have 1 console or only played 1 game, think to yourself...are you biased?

Forget all brand imaging, and stereotypes each game has. Play the game, and judge for yourself. If you only own 1 console, you still get an amazing sim either way.

Why can't people on both sides realize this, accept it, state it, and move on? Where did all the intelligent debaters go...wait they left long ago, like I should have....

Not going to waste my time here anymore. Let the fanboys fight, I'll just enjoy the games.

/thread

Seriously that's it guys pack it up. There is nothing more to be said than this.

I know I'm done.