By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 vs F4 graphics (from in cockpit)/sound youtube comparison video--updated with DF comparison.

What is better for each game?

Sound: Forza 4 29 6.26%

Sound: GT5 6 1.30%

Graphics: Forza 4 14 3.02%

Graphics: GT5 67 14.47%

Sound/Graphics: Forza 4 109 23.54%

Sound/Graphics: GT5 144 31.10%

Sound: Both about the same 1 0.22%

Graphics: Both about the same 6 1.30%

Sound/Graphics: Both about the same 16 3.46%

See results. 69 14.90%

Total:461
goforgold said:
Michael-5 said:

I bring options? More cars, higher scores, better graphics, more tracks, more high resolution cars, and Top Gear are options?

Shit i post, what did that above post do to further your arguement? Nothing. Your just bring in hate, and flaming.

I could say the same about you "The worst part is you really believe the shit you post don't you."

Geez man let it go. Why does one game have to be vastly better then the other? This thread is stupid, I'm ashamed to even participate debating with someone who continuously ignores facts and is as ignorant as you.

Just stop man. How many times has that been said in this thread already? Apparently not enough.

you completely ignored the post that furthered my argument as to remain in your fantsy world

Does Forza have group C race cars yes

Does Forza have Rally cars yes

Does Forza have NASCAR cars and tracks

Does Forza have German Touring Cars yup, more then GT5 actually

Does Forza have Karts This is a racing sim, not Mario Kart/Need for Speed.

Does Forza have any F1 cars Well it has Le Mans Prototypes, which are what's big in Motorsport in Americas. Trade off since GT5's F1 cars are not new models, nor licenced, thus not F1.

Is there dynamic Rain in Forza PGR4 has this, does this 1 aspect make that a better sim then GT5? Think about what you are saying

Can you race on Dirt roads in Forza No

Can you watch the sun go down in Forza Kind of

Can you race at night in Forza No

Can you do a full 24 hours of Le Mans in Forza No

Are there any endurance (races that last for at least 2 hours or more) races at all in Forza 4 Not sure

is there a Track editor in Forza 4 Is there a track editor in GT5? No. It's computer generated based on a questionaire. Hardly an editor.

Are there point to point Rally in Forza 4 Yup, Forza 1 actually introduced this, and it's been in every Forza except 2. GT5 copied.

Are there City courses in Forza 4 Not sure

Are there License Test in Forza Nope

Are there Drift Trails in Forza Yes

WTF can you do in Forza??? honest question from someone who hasn't played Forza 4 but is 90% complete with GT5, sell me Forza 4 what are the things I can do that I can't do in GT5

Well you literally asked every feature so

Is there simulation damage modeling in GT5?

Is there cosmetic damage modeling in GT5?

Is there car affinities in GT5?

Is there a leveling system with rewards in GT5?

How many cups are there in GT5?

Is there a dyno test in GT5?

Is there a paint editor in GT5?

Is Jermery Clarkson nararrating GT5?

How many game types are there available online in GT5?

How many premium cars are there in GT5?

Can you adjust the difficulty of the AI in GT5?

Are there integration features such as rewind for beginer drivers in GT5(e.g. rewind/autobrake)?

Does GT5 have LMP1 or LMP2 cars?

Does GT5 have GT1 or GT2 cars available for purchase?

How many track varients does GT5 have?

How many car manufacters does FT5 have?

How many Ferrari's does GT5 have?

Lamborghini's?

BMW's?

Nissans (lol)?

Can you view car models up close, including engine bays and storage compartments?

Is there a career mode in GT5?

I can go on, but I said I wanted out. This thread has just plain gone to hell.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
Michael-5 said:
brendude13 said:

Forza 4 runs at native 720p with variable AA (2x - 4x) and Gran Turismo 5 runs at 1280 x 1080 with 2xAA, or 720p with 4xAA if you the change the settings.

As for the whole graphics argument, I haven't got Forza 4 yet but I am planning to soon, it's clear that overall Forza 4 has better graphics, especially when it comes to the environments. Gran Turismo 5 isn't that far behind though, the car detail, lighting, shadows and colour scheme are better in my opinion. Forza 4 let itself down by having too much of a "cartoony" image, the contrast is far too high.

As for the game itself, physics and controls seem better in GT5 from what I've played, but Forza 4 is the much better game. Not for gameplay, but for everything else, such as car classes and game modes.

Like some random reviewer said, Gran Turismo 5 is a 10/10 simulator wrapped up in a 5/10 game.

This is why I consider you one of the smarter debaters.

IGN said GT5 is a 10/10 Simulator in a 5/10 game. However they also said Forza 4 is a near perfect sim too.

Both games are excellent, Forza 4 is better as a game, but for core driving mechanics GT5 is still damn close in quality. If you want to take a Zonda to nurburgring, it doesn't really matter which game you play.

Wish people would stop trying to label each other and look at the bigger image like you do.

The cars felt pretty floaty in the Forza 4 demo, maybe it was because it was a cold track.

Anyway, I want to get Forza 4, it'll be my first Forza game.

Often times a demo does no justice to a game. For instance, I hated the Too Human Demo. It was glitchy, unpolished, and just plain boring. However Too Human turned out to be one of my favorite RPG's this gen. The game was not glitchy at all, and a lot more polished then the demo, but it felt like it was missing a lot of content all together (whole cinematics felt they were missing, and there weren't very many ally unit types).

For the physics, both GT5 and Forza 4 are on par. Forza 4 does steering simulation and braking better then GT5, but at high speeds GT5 feels faster, and cornering feels more unique per car, but your just going to have to try it out yourself to see.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

^^ I see you just couldn't resist eh?

Kantor said:
Osamanobama, Michael-5, both of you.

Just stop now. This "discussion" isn't getting anywhere, and all it's going to do is get one or both of you banned. Feel free to have a civil debate, but stop being unreasonable and saying that the other person is being unreasonable.

I had no intention of replying to his last comment. There is no point in continuing a discussion like that. I've always done my best to debate in a civil manar, never resorted to insulting others, and I know when the debate has turned sour and I need to just walk away. Many people who have debated with me, without the soul intention of proving me wrong, know this.

I always said from the start people can prefer either game, and I only really started to debate when people came in this thread literally to insult Forza, saying it's no where near the quality of GT5 (graphics, physics, quality, quantitiy, etc). Had people insulted GT5 in this manner I'd have done the same for that side. There difference between these 2 sims isn't huge, and people need to accept that Forza has improved enough this gen to be considered a compeditor to GT. Same goes in reverse, Forza hasn't improved so much to the point where GT is a joke compared to it either.

I love both games, and all I wanted to do was correct some of the more ignorant posters who had crazy beliefs (GT5 standard cars are on par in terms of graphics compared to Forza 4 cars). However now I realize, there is no point. Some people in this thread will have a die hard opinion, and not accept any logic. I understand Forza 4 isn't supperior to GT5 in every way, but it is a newer title, and in general it is better (judging from opinions expressed by people who own both games, not just played them, reviews, metascore, and other factors previously mentioned). No one has to agree with me, but you can't deny that the metascore, and reviews.

My ending point is that Forza 4 is King now for now (you can prefer GT5 if you like, not forcing you to do anything), but when the nect GT or Forza comes out, it will be newer and largely improved and take the crown. GT5 took the crown from Forza 3, and Forza 3 took it from Forza 2. Newer is generally better, especially for products of similar calibur. That's my opinion.

yo_john117 said:
^^ I see you just couldn't resist eh?

No I couldn't.... must escape!

Around the Network
osamanobama said:
Michael-5 said:

5)If you want any proof that Forza 4 is a better game, look at the metascore. It's 10% higher.

5) so GTA is the best game of this generation, Uncharted is greater than all xbox games. lol

6) now your just plain ignorant or flat out lying. Gran Turismo runs at a native 1080p (1280x720). its not upscaled at all.

I did want to answer this, because this does relate to the thread, and isn't just an angry post.

5) Uncharted 2 (Not 1, haven't played 3), IMO, is better then all 360 exclusives. I personally prefer the Gears of War as it's more oriented towards me, and it's been consistantly good since introduction, but I never ever stated that Gears of War, or any exclusive this gen was better then Uncharted 2....Well no wait, I do think Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Kart Wii are better, but I always tell people I'm a Nintendo fanboy at Heart.

BTW, by Metascore Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 beat Uncharted 2, and Mass Effect 2 ties Uncharted 2, but that's not exclusive anymore.

Metascores should always be taken with a grain of salt. They represent a general trend of what people like in video games, but do not offer any conclusive information about games.

What's a more intelligent thing to do is look up review scores from websites you trust, and compare scores of the games you wish to compare. To me Gametrailers is the most trustworthy website for game reviews, and in the case of Uncharted 3, it only scored .1 higher then Gears of War 3. GT5 also got a 9/10, and Forza 4 got 9.4/10. This is exactly where I feel those games belong. IGN has lost credibility to me now, and guess who is slowly replacing them for me? VGC! lol

So GTAIV isn't necessarily the best game this gen, but it's up there, and for most gamers it's safe to say it's the most appealing.

6)1280x1080 is not native 1080p. 1080p is 1920x1080. I believe 1280x720 is 720p, so like i said both GT5 and Forza 4 play 1080p upscaled. Nativly it's something lower.

Michael-5 said:
osamanobama said:
Michael-5 said:

5)If you want any proof that Forza 4 is a better game, look at the metascore. It's 10% higher.

5) so GTA is the best game of this generation, Uncharted is greater than all xbox games. lol

6) now your just plain ignorant or flat out lying. Gran Turismo runs at a native 1080p (1280x720). its not upscaled at all.

I did want to answer this, because this does relate to the thread, and isn't just an angry post.

5) Uncharted 2 (Not 1, haven't played 3), IMO, is better then all 360 exclusives. I personally prefer the Gears of War as it's more oriented towards me, and it's been consistantly good since introduction, but I never ever stated that Gears of War, or any exclusive this gen was better then Uncharted 2....Well no wait, I do think Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Kart Wii are better, but I always tell people I'm a Nintendo fanboy at Heart.

BTW, by Metascore Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 beat Uncharted 2, and Mass Effect 2 ties Uncharted 2, but that's not exclusive anymore.

Metascores should always be taken with a grain of salt. They represent a general trend of what people like in video games, but do not offer any conclusive information about games.

What's a more intelligent thing to do is look up review scores from websites you trust, and compare scores of the games you wish to compare. To me Gametrailers is the most trustworthy website for game reviews, and in the case of Uncharted 3, it only scored .1 higher then Gears of War 3. GT5 also got a 9/10, and Forza 4 got 9.4/10. This is exactly where I feel those games belong. IGN has lost credibility to me now, and guess who is slowly replacing them for me? VGC! lol

So GTAIV isn't necessarily the best game this gen, but it's up there, and for most gamers it's safe to say it's the most appealing.

6)1280x1080 is not native 1080p. 1080p is 1920x1080. I believe 1280x720 is 720p, so like i said both GT5 and Forza 4 play 1080p upscaled. Nativly it's something lower.

i lol'd at this post after reading your respnse to Kantor.

you had every intention to respond to me, as it is literally impossible for you to not repond to each and every person who does not share your views about Forza.

also 1280x1080 is still native 1080p, 1080p refers to the veritcle lines of pixels, 1920 has no barring on wether its 1080p or not. it just means its widescreen (16x9 aspect ratio). see some monitors/TV arent wide screen, some are more square, and their aspect ratio is sometime the 1280x1920.

aand no Gt5 does not upscale to 1920x1080, it is already at 1080p and doesnt upscale. and no its not like you said, you said its they both are native 720p, then get upscaled, thats false (well technically GT5 renders natively both at 1080p and 720p).

so you were either ignorant about it, or lying, posting it as fact. Which goes for all of your posts, which have very little fact, and 99% biased opinion.

osamanobama said:
Michael-5 said:
osamanobama said:

you had every intention to respond to me, as it is literally impossible for you to not repond to each and every person who does not share your views about Forza.

also 1280x1080 is still native 1080p, 1080p refers to the veritcle lines of pixels, 1920 has no barring on wether its 1080p or not. it just means its widescreen (16x9 aspect ratio). see some monitors/TV arent wide screen, some are more square, and their aspect ratio is sometime the 1280x1920. No. From wikipedia (which has a lot more bearing then your opinion)

"1080p is the shorthand identification for a set of HDTV high-definition video modes that are characterized by 1080 horizontal lines of vertical resolution[1] and progressive scan, meaning unlike the 1080i display standard, the image is not interlaced.....The term usually assumes a widescreen aspect ratio of 16:9, implying a resolution of 1,920 pixels wide by 1,080 high. This resolution is similar to that of 2K digital cinema technology.........The HD ready 1080p logo program by DIGITALEUROPE requires that certified TV sets support 1080p24, 1080p50, and 1080p60 formats, and feature a native resolution of at least 1920×1080 pixels, among other requirements."

aand no Gt5 does not upscale to 1920x1080, it is already at 1080p and doesnt upscale. and no its not like you said, you said its they both are native 720p, then get upscaled, thats false (well technically GT5 renders natively both at 1080p and 720p). and in both there is screen tear and FPS drops

so you were either ignorant about it, or lying, posting it as fact. Which goes for all of your posts, which have very little fact, and 99% biased opinion.

Most of my last post was not related to Forza, and stop being insulting or I won't reply to your next post. I had no intention of replying to this, but I thought 5 was something worth giving attention to, but clearly you don't care about that, and have some other fixation.

osamanobama said:
Michael-5 said:
osamanobama said:
Michael-5 said:

also 1280x1080 is still native 1080p, 1080p refers to the veritcle lines of pixels, 1920 has no barring on wether its 1080p or not. it just means its widescreen (16x9 aspect ratio). see some monitors/TV arent wide screen, some are more square, and their aspect ratio is sometime the 1280x1920.

aand no Gt5 does not upscale to 1920x1080, it is already at 1080p and doesnt upscale. and no its not like you said, you said its they both are native 720p, then get upscaled, thats false (well technically GT5 renders natively both at 1080p and 720p).

What...what is this?

Michael-5 said:
goforgold said:

Does Forza have Karts? This is a racing sim, not Mario Kart/Need for Speed.

Are you serious? Please tell me you are not serious about that??

Did you just compare Mario Kart to GT 5's kart racing, like they play the same or something?