By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 vs F4 graphics (from in cockpit)/sound youtube comparison video--updated with DF comparison.

What is better for each game?

Sound: Forza 4 29 6.26%

Sound: GT5 6 1.30%

Graphics: Forza 4 14 3.02%

Graphics: GT5 67 14.47%

Sound/Graphics: Forza 4 109 23.54%

Sound/Graphics: GT5 144 31.10%

Sound: Both about the same 1 0.22%

Graphics: Both about the same 6 1.30%

Sound/Graphics: Both about the same 16 3.46%

See results. 69 14.90%

Total:461
RolStoppable said:
Over 500 replies and all you guys really proved is how flawed both games are. If your job was to sell non-HD console owners a 360 or PS3, you failed spectacularly.

Around the Network

Are you guys still at it?

We already established Forza 4 is better, but GT5 has it's traits.

Geez, even I stopped. This is why you guys stayed at home alone on Halloween.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

selnor said:
iWarMachine said:
selnor said:

OK.

So here is where I will give my opinion. :)

Forza 4 outright has better graphics. Its fairly easy actually.

Firstly Forza 4 has higher resolution textures as seen above. ALOT more trackside detail closer to its reallife counterpart. And more realsitic lighting. Going into a tunnel for example looks alot better on Forza 4.

Both games make sacrifices, but GT5 makes alot more.

For example even though Forza 4 never drops a frame, it still holds a higher fidelity.

GT5 can drop as low as 30 FPS during gameplay. And at the same time have certain parts pixelated beyond belief. On top of that the Polyphony have taken alot of the realworld track detail out of the game. The lighting in GT5 is very good, but shadows during gameplay can be really pixelated.

Forza 4 does compromise some stuff like non player car reflections and some AA here and there.

But nothing near the framerate drops, resolution changes, lack of detail and poor shadows of GT5. GT5 is extremely inconsistant. Forza 4 remains alot more consistant at a higher quality visual rate than GT5 at all times.

Replays to in Forza 4 ramp up so much. Bearing iin my mind Forza 4 drops to 30FPS in replays like GT5 does, Gives Turn 10 alot more memory to play with and they use it. The level of detail in replays is amazing. As is the extra lighting.

Sound?

This is a complete non issue. Forza 4 DESTROYS GT5 sound.

As for features. What ever floats your boat. Personally Community Car clubs, Rivals mode and Forza 4's World Tour over Night Racing, Rally and Go Karts.

If I want a Rally game I'll buy a Rally game. Same for Go Karts. On the subject of Night Racing. This would be nice. However night racing is really what appens in the realworld outside of Lemans 24 hour and Singapore F1. Even F1 drivers dont really like it.

You've to add to the forza 4 compromises the following:

LOD cars differences between replay,in-game,game mode.

30fps Framerate on reflections and mirrors

Lack of shadows in interiors (such as when you get into a tunnel)

Smoke effect not affecting gameplay (like gt5  volumetric smoke does)

I also found the exact same bad shadows of GT5 in Forza 4 interiors and i don't know what resolution changes you're talking about...

The thing about framerate drops, that became much more bearable since 1.13. Try to understand that you're comparing a rock solid framerate in situations where there's no volumetric smoke effects, no rain, no 16 cars, and you've to remember that GT5 runs @1280x1080 pixels w/4xAA... it's rendering 50% more pixels than Forza 4 and twice the amount of AA.

Also, the lighting thing, that comes to the person opinion, because i think that Forza 4 lighting it's to overdone, and the GT5 lighting it's much more realistic, by a mile.

In environments, Forza 4 wins this easily. EASILY.

Cars? that goes to GT5. Autovista it's amazing, miles better than GT5, but in-game, and even in replays, the car detail it's better on GT5.

Gameplay? it's the player's decision.

mmmmmm.

I'm not sure wy people here are tryinng to falsify or bring BS into te thread. Here are some actual facts. 

GT5 Version 2.0. ( The latest version ).

1280x720 = 4xMSAA. However not on sadows. 

1280x1080 = 2xQSAA. ( Which is a muddy looking AA result )

3D 1280x720 = 2xQSAA.

Now Digital Foundry makes these factual claims. GT5 2.0 = 1280x720 GT5 drops frames down as low as 38Fps. Yes thats right this is the latest version of GT5. In 720p the game drops 22FPS away from 60FPS. Ontop of that lots of screens tear in their test. This does not happen at night or in rain. whic the situatioon is even worse in. 

DF tested several tracks side by side with Forza 4. Same amount of cars (12), same lighting, and same 720p resolution.

Forza 4's AI cars appeared to be missing some player car reflections. Although the AI cars do have the same level of detail. They are the same model as the player cars. AA is 2xMSAA. mirrors run at 30FPS.

GT5 2.0 AI cars have reflections. Mirrors run at the same framerate as the rest off the screen ( which aims for 60FPS ) 

Forza 4 = no frame loss.. A consistant 60FPS at all times. Also not a single screen tear. 

GT5 2.0 = regular Frame rate dips sometimes for over 4 seconds to as low as 38Fps in 720p. And DF further claim in 1280x1080 the game drops even lower. DF also show regular screen tearing in the top half of GT5 2.0's image.

It would appear where Forza 4 sacrifices mirror FPS and full AI car reflections, GT5 sacrifices FULL screen framerate and Teared screens. 

But even more importantly is wats being rendered. Its almost embarassing running them side by side like DF did. GT5 has NO detail. Sometimes it reminds of those old arcadee racers you used to get where the landscape is rendered but no actual detail rendered on it. 

At times GT5 has a hill. Thats it. When in reality there should be a parking lot, water, tyre walls etc etc. Its like the engiine is losing framerates already that it just had to be cut to run. 

Laguna Seca, Tsukuba and Suzuka were the worst tracks in the comparison video for complete lack of detail in GT5. 

Bearing in mind GT5 2.0 was also taken in its BEST state, meaining premium cars and smoothest running mode ( 720p )

For the other 800 cars and majority of the game GT5 2.0 looks even more less detailed. With undetailed scenery and cars.

Making excuses for a game that has loads of detail missing from its reallife counterpart, infrequent framerate and screen tearing is pretty poor. Ive seen defending before, but this is rediculous.  Its not even like we are  talking dropping frames a little bit and like once or twice a lap. It happens 8 - 10 times a lap and can nearly half for like 4 seconds at times. 

Its inexcusable. Maybe theey sould have either dropped some of the AI car reflections and mirror FPS to 30. ut would that be enoug for GT5 2.0 to hit 60 FPS all the time with no tear? Wat else would GT5 2.0 have to sacrifice to put all that wextra track detail in?

Its a non issue which is technically superior. And what looks consistantly better. 

But I'm sure many will argue a game that is sluggish in comparison at times and less detailed is the better visually. 

VGC does make you laugh sometimes.

Next week 15 FPS is the new KING.

Now STOP IT!!

Play both games if you ever want to judge, most people who argue GT5 is better never played Forza 4.

Just trust selnor and I, Forza 4 is better. Were probably better drivers then any of you there, and were the ones who push the games physics to the limit, and play the most hours.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

I love it when some guys feel that their opinion is definitive when in reality it's not.

Thankfully most people know which game is better.

ethomaz said:
I love it when some guys feel that their opinion is definitive when in reality it's not.

hang on to that thought.....

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Over 500 replies and all you guys really proved is how flawed both games are. If your job was to sell non-HD console owners a 360 or PS3, you failed spectacularly.

Ok because you asked

and assuming the non HD owner is at all interested in Racing Simulators:

Gran Turismo 5 is a realistic racing simulator Developed entirely at Polyphony Digital and published by Sony Computer Entertainment as such is exclusive to the Sony Playstation 3. Gran Turismo as a franchise is one of the oldest and most successful racing simulators in the history of the genre. Gran Turismo is known for it's expansive, deep, intuitive racing experience, realistic physics, overwhelming car offering, beautiful graphics, strive for perfection, and massive community, with Gran Turismo 5 being of no exception

FEATURES:

Motorsports:

Kart Racing

- NASCAR

- WRC

- Super GT

Full 24 Hour Le Mans

24 Hour Nurburgring

Unlicensed but Featured:

Formula 1

Tracks : over 20 Locations, over 60 variations, The master list http://www.gran-turismo.com/local/jp/data1/products/gt5/courselist_en.html

now including: Spa Francorchamps and Kart Space

Cars : http://www.gran-turismo.com/local/jp/data1/products/gt5/carlist_en.html

Damage Model & Physics
- New physics model for GT5
- There will be 0ver 220 premium cars
- Rollover (overturning of cars)
- Interior damage on ‘Race Cars’,
- Basic exterior damage on all non-premium cars
- Exterior damage with parts falling off on ‘Race Cars’, ie Doors, Bumpers etc.
- As with most motorsports games, damage can be disabled.
- Mechanical damage on all cars. (Demo physics have shown cars being limited to 50 after serious damage
- Tyre wear, temperature.
- Real time telemetry.

Gameplay

- Dynamic Weather featured

- dynamic day and night on dirt Rally

Racing in Snow

Dynamic day and night with Ferrari F2010

Nascar

Drifting

Super GT

24 Hour Le Mans

Formula GT on Nurburgring

Visual
- The game will run at Full HD 1080p* at 60 frames per second.
- GT5 will also be available in 3D,

Modes

Arcade
- Single player
- Split Screen 2 player

Track Editor

- GT5 also has a track editor where players edit procedurally generated tracks, including elevation, bank angles, track surfaces, etc

- ability to create both closed circuits, and point to point rally stages 

- also compatible with other GT5 track features such as dynamic weather and day/night

GT Mode
- World Map
- My Garage
- Car Dealer
- Tuning Shop
- Car Wash / Oil Change
- Championship Race
- License Test

Photo Mode : PD are working on producing up tp 20 Megapixel images. (Can't wait to make my first poster!)
- Photo Drive (within circuits)
- Photo Stage

- Up to 16 players online
- HD videos of replays can be uploaded to Youtube, recorded at 30 frames per second.
- Open Lobby
- Text / Voice chat
- Private Room
- Online Photo Album
- Online Replay Album

Wheel compatibility
- Logitech G25/G27, including G27 LED's
- Logitech Drive Force GT
- Logitech Driving Force Pro
- Logitech Driving Force Ex
- Logitech Driving Force
- Fanatec 911 Turbo Wheel
- Fanatec 911 Turbo S Wheel

DLC We know nothing as of yet.

Gran Turismo TV
- Improved UI
- Export of Video to the PSP
- Progressive downloading

Extras
- Head tracking using the Playstation Eye.
- Multi-screen display setups
- Importing of existing ‘garages’ from GTPSP and GT5P.
- Museum - History of cars, similar to that of GT5P
- Dolby Digital, & DTS, 5.1 / 7.1
- Custom in-game music

Closing:

Gran Turismo 5 is the Definitve racing simulator this generation on a console. With unmatched physics and features GT5 is a must own for anyone looking for a FULL racing simulation experience and have set the standard that ANY racing sim on ANY console must meet to even be considered in the same league.

RolStoppable said:
...and people wonder why there is a perception that Sony fans think they are Sony's marketing team.

hey you asked for it LOL XDDD

and in all honesty there's about 3 ps3 games I'm that passionate about (MAG, and Wipeout HD being the others) the rest I could give a fuck about

ethomaz said:

Considering you haven't played Forza 4....you really can't argue anything about which game is better.

Thus by defauat from before: Forza 4 wins. No new arguements have been presented to change this.

Michael-5 said:
ethomaz said:

Considering you haven't played Forza 4....you really can't argue anything about which game is better.

Thus by defauat from before: Forza 4 wins. No new arguements have been presented to change this.

lol you never fail to deliver the lulz

read my post Rol, and do the same for Forza 4.....

Michael-5 said:
Are you guys still at it?

We already established Forza 4 is better, but GT5 has it's traits.

Geez, even I stopped. This is why you guys stayed at home alone on Halloween.

michael, this really has to stop.

WE alreadry established that Forza is better, you mean YOU, have already established that (in fact you did so before either forza and GT come out).

and dont make me laugh so hard, "EVEN I STOPPED" lol, what are you talking about man, you have the most posts in this thread by far, making sure you respond to each and everyone who doesnt think forza is God's gift to man, and you then you didnt post for a few hours, and you call that stopping. lol, man, and guess what bro you are posting right now. so dont act like the other posters are some how childish, still going at it in this thread, and you are above them, having stopped.

you didnt, and still wont, you wont stop until every single person, changes their minds, because you are right and they are wrong. dude, we have been over this, stop stop trying to claim your opinions as fact, and stop trying to make sure that there is absolutely no criticism of Forza. NEWS FLASH: people can have different opinions than you... get over it. and you, yes you (as well as many other posters in this thread) need to grow up, and stop acting like its other people that are the immature ones in this thread.

so just stop this

edit: really Selnor, we should no trust YOU and Selnor about which game is better. you should be a comedian. (it was a joke right?!, if not my condelences). i guess i should ask aaron greenberg, and major nelson, if xbox is better, and has the best games too, huh. 

Selnor really?

YOUR OPINIONS ARE NOT FACT, IT IS POSSIBLE FOR PEOPLE TO NOT AGREE WITH YOUR OPINIONS, LET IT GO.