By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo may never be on top again

RolStoppable said:

Yes, it's hard to believe that a company would do that to their most successful home console. That Nintendo abandoned the Gamecube, that was understandable. The market at large had stopped caring for that system, so there wasn't much harm done by moving on to the next system. But the Wii still had a lot of life in it left.

However, Nintendo had different plans. With a projected launch in the first half of 2012, late 2009 or early 2010 was the point when free development resources for the Wii were shifted to the Wii U in order to get some HD games ready for the launch window. So what could have been Wii games in 2011 will materialize as Wii U games in 2012. And to add insult to injury, NoA decided to not release some of the few Wii games that are left.

aka the most moronic decision I have ever witnessed by a gaming company - Namco's idiotic practices pale in comparison

Around the Network

Wow another fortune teller :D.
Few months ago these people said Nintendo is doomed. And after 3DS had a "nice" sales, these people won't let down their opinion.
And I don't understand with deffinition of "hardcore game" you talking about. CoD? I can beat this game in 1-2 days. Can someone explain to me?

Its all over, nintendo is finished. Just like after the 64 and gamecube, And we all know sony never rebounded from the failure launch of the ps3.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Well i think the 3DS will outsell the Vita and when it comes to home consoles, well were just going to have to wait another year or two to doom Nintendo.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

you could argue sony will never be on top again. Or microsoft will never be on top (worldwide).

You could argue apple is going to crash into the ground in 5-10 years.

A lot of people said nintendo was dieing and in then they did the wii. I don't like the wii, but it was an amazing success that didn't end so well. And the DS was an amazing success.

You could argue no company will ever be as successful as nintendo was this generation (financially). All possibilities. All unknown.

Around the Network

Nintendo will rebound. They always do and this is very common for almost every successful company. There isn't a single company out there that hasn't faced defeat from time to time. Business like life is a roller coaster of ups and downs one minute a company is on top (PS2) next minute on the bottom (PS3). This is how the entertainment industry works and so do most businesses. Heck even Coke had its time where it went down and it is undeniably the most successful pop company in the world.

After NES everyone thought Nintendo may never be on top again. But then a few generations later their leader once again. Nintendo has something Microsoft and Sony don't, Nintendo makes games and only games. While Sony and Microsoft worry about their tablets and phones and movies Nintendo concentrates entirely on gaming hardware/software.

In the end I agree many consumers are moving to competitor platforms. But whats to stop those consumers from moving back or buying a Nintendo product alongside their competitors? There is no reason that Nintendo couldn't regain some market share and bring back different demographics.

Nintendo has been on top several times in its history. (Not only talking video games) The company has survived over a hundred years they are the most capable company in the industry right now. Yes they likely won't be on top next generation but they are most likely going to be on top within a few generations.

Don't count out the company that single highhandedly saved the games industry!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

They may never reach the success of the DS and Wii again, but they aren't in any danger.

last gen they said this gen would be their last gen and look how that turned out in the end. Nintendo is unpredictable, they even do things that have unpredictable outcomes to themselves :P

who knows what will happen. if Nintendo can get the 3rd party support and have their own big games out i see them having a better chance than the other two.

and btw Nintendo has always had the kiddy image so the anti Nintendo mentality among the younger crowd has always been there.

what Nintendo should try to do is make their products "cool" so that the insecure crowd can feel that they are cool playing their games.

Because its always about being cool right?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

The Wii U could go the way of the Dreamcast, a good console but no way a commercial success. Nintendo could go the Third-Party developer way but if the case should carry on making many games because they have a good track record.

Eh, the 3ds has outsold the ps vita 5 million to 0 so it looks like Nintendo is still on top in the handheld market and will be for a while.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls