By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So after the NPD, is the 3DS doomed again?

^^^ 3Ds sold at a loss

i thought nintendo don't go down that road,sounds a bit worrying if true

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
zuvuyeay said:
^^^ 3Ds sold at a loss

They normally don't but a huge price cut a few months after launch forced them down the loss leading road.

Aprisaiden said:
zuvuyeay said:
^^^ 3Ds sold at a loss

They normally don't but a huge price cut a few months after launch forced them down the loss leading road.

i thought they would have sold at a break even price

i guess they have some wii cash  under the mattress to pump up the 3DS for a bit

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:
Aprisaiden said:
zuvuyeay said:
^^^ 3Ds sold at a loss

i guess they have some wii cash  under the mattress to pump up the 3DS for a bit

They actually have over 13 billion $ of cash, mainly created in the last years...no problems of money.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Whats with the its gone up 300% since the pricecut, sounds good until you realize its sales were an embarassment before the pricecut.
Face it like I predicted its doomed outside of Japan, I dont think the vita is going to do much better either

All bow to me the VGChartz current reigning 3DS prediction champion 

Bet with tbone51: Pokeon X & pokemon Y will not sell more than 8 million in 2013

jarrod said:The Xbox360 or ps3 will not sell more than 75million units

July 2009 daveJ saidTrue the wii has a large lead now but by 2017 the most likely result will be 1. ps3 2. xbox360 3. wii <-- wii's successor launched in 2011 effectively killing sales of the wii

2009 daveJ said: The wii will not break the 50% marketshare barrier it will go below the 40% marketshare barrier though in the future. VGChartz members: Impossible, youre an idiot that knows nothing about sales

Around the Network

3DS is actually selling well in Japan (weekly in Japan > US (NPD) which is amazing) and seeing the games released in Japan this holidays I'm sure it will do excellent there.

The West is the main issue here, it needs to find somewhere to start from. Unfortunately most of the games announced have been Japan oriented and that's because Japanese actually see handheld as a substitute for the console market e.g.: DQ9 released on DS, the flux of DS/PSP games that used to be on PS2, etc..

In the west though that hasn't been the case, with the best DS selling games being strictly handheld. You won't see a CoD game selling like hotcakes on DS. And the PSP didn't get going at all. So what I'm trying to say is that Nintendo have to deal with the 3DS situation the west differently and focus on 1st party games like they did with the DS, because that was its main force. When SM3D releases, i think we'll see things slightly different. however the 3DS needs much much more

Buzzi said:
zuvuyeay said:
Aprisaiden said:
zuvuyeay said:
^^^ 3Ds sold at a loss

They actually have over 13 billion $ of cash, mainly created in the last years...no problems of money.

thats a big mattress,

it is still an unnintendo like decision though,i wonder when it will be able to turn a profit with the tech it has

Above & Beyond

Looks like it sadly.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Buzzi said:
zuvuyeay said:
Aprisaiden said:
zuvuyeay said:
^^^ 3Ds sold at a loss

Where did you find that figure?

I thought Nintendo had about $9Bn in current cash, which is actually way too high if you ask me, although I've never really looked into their accounts.

S____M____C____C said:
Buzzi said:
zuvuyeay said:
Aprisaiden said:
zuvuyeay said:
^^^ 3Ds sold at a loss

Where did you find that figure?

I thought Nintendo had about $9Bn in current cash, which is actually way too high if you ask me, although I've never really looked into their accounts.

I read this figure everywhere, but maybe it was 13T yens, I'm not sure...still, that's a lot of money for a company who profits every year, they could actually give away millions of 3DS for free and still be a wealthy enough company...or invest them in more teams.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)