By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So after the NPD, is the 3DS doomed again?

The longer they take on those hardware moving games like Mario world and mario kart, They are just giving Vita the chance to catch up, especially in Japan. With the PSP still selling very well over there I can only imagine the sales for Vita coming out of there. Don't get me wrong, I want Vita to sell like a monster, it's my favorite of the 2, but the 3DS has some every interesting games in store that will make me buy...a used one o_o Also, the better the 3DS sales, the more chance I have of a new chrono trigger or Super Mario RPG 2. No, not paper mario or mario and luigi saga bull crap  >:(

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

its still to early to tell.

I'm not sure if you said losing money, perhaps the right word is nintendo losing profit.
Well... Let's see together what will happen to 3DS in next month.

I'm not sure if you said losing money, perhaps the right word is nintendo losing profit.
Well... Let's see together what will happen to 3DS in next month.

Um......it sold 260 000 units

The Vita sold a grand total of 0 units.

Does the concept of a head start really elude people still? Its a free pass to gain ground on the competition.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

We'll see after holiday.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

sales2099 said:
Um......it sold 260 000 units

The Vita sold a grand total of 0 units.

Does the concept of a head start really elude people still? Its a free pass to gain ground on the competition.

Ground on the competition? So fans can boast about some measly numbers maybe.

Should 3DS fail to sell developers will probably start shifting their titles towards the iPhone and/or XBLA and PSN.  It's not like "hey, it's all fine since there's no competition so titles will come to it with it's headstart", if that's what you thinking.

Wait at least until black friday sales figures are released. That alone will be huge for 3DS sales.

if it was overtracked in the US can we assume it's the same for EMEAA, therefore yes it is doomed until further notice

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Far, far from it.

The sales increased>200% from before price cut, and thaat's without any games. It's gonna outsell the DS for the first year, and also the Vita. And that's not DOOMED to me.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.