By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 Vs. Playstation 3 2012 - *February* Update

Etanclan4life said:

Everyone shutup about marketing Xbox would win this race had they one more week but they didnt. Ps3 wins in sales this year. (Unless xbox sold 600k more in 6 days). Ps3 was very weak the last 2 months and xbox was strong. Next year Xbox will outsell Ps3 by a mile.

I doubt that very much, Christmas is over the marketing and the 100 gift card deals are going to be completely dead next week and ps3 will be selling a ton more every week again and win again next year, and the year after and the year after until it is off the shelf.

Around the Network
Etanclan4life said:

Everyone shutup about marketing Xbox would win this race had they one more week but they didnt. Ps3 wins in sales this year. (Unless xbox sold 600k more in 6 days). Ps3 was very weak the last 2 months and xbox was strong. Next year Xbox will outsell Ps3 by a mile.

There is one more week.  However, it will either be a tie or the PS3 will come out on top.  If there was another week after that, the PS3 would just come out on top of that, as well, which would would just start to widen the gap again.

And I wouldn't call 2012 just yet.  Both companies may have things in the works to boost sales.

Statistical tie confirmed. By the time the Nextbox rolls out, the 360 is pretty much guaranteed to have a lead of about 2 million (assuming the PS3 closes the gap by over 1 million in the next 2 years). Both the 360 and PS3 will continue to sell well for a few more years so even if the PS3 catches up in say, 3-5 years it would be largely irrelevant.

We will see next year then shall we?

Etan

Even though the 360 may have lost this year it must almost feel like a victory for MS. To be able to cut a 1.5 lead to 200k in two months is pretty damn impressive. I don't want to hear the advertising excuse because it's just sad if that's an excuse folks are going to use. These are companies that want to make money and advertising is how they do it.

Just seeing this I highly doubt the ps3 will ever over take the 360 this gen. Maybe when next gen starts, but by then nobody will gives two shits and it would already be a victory for MS over Sony.

Around the Network

Updated OP.

DarkDesent666 said:
Etanclan4life said:

I doubt that very much, Christmas is over the marketing and the 100 gift card deals are going to be completely dead next week and ps3 will be selling a ton more every week again and win again next year, and the year after and the year after until it is off the shelf.

Yet it will always be in 3rd place. Since the ps3 could not close the gap this year there is no way it will next year.  So much for year of the ps3.

Etanclan4life said:

PS3 wasn't weak, the Xbox 360 was strong. There's  a huge difference.

Next year the Kinect effect and the momentum from the redesign should wear off considerably so don't expect next year to be as amazing as this one for Microsoft.

worldlyfall said:
DarkDesent666 said:
Etanclan4life said:

Yet it will always be in 3rd place. Since the ps3 could not close the gap this year there is no way it will next year.  So much for year of the ps3.

It seems to have won this year. It is the year of the PS3.
Just watch for adjustments. If last year is anything to go by, the PS3 is undertracked.

VGKing said:
worldlyfall said:
DarkDesent666 said:
Etanclan4life said:

It seems to have won this year. It is the year of the PS3.
Just watch for adjustments. If last year is anything to go by, the PS3 is undertracked.

Yes cause adjusments are going to put the 360 in 3rd? With all the exclsuives, all the hype, all the shit talk the ps3 was barley able to outsell the 360 this year. I rememeber this was really suppose to be the year the ps3 closed the gap but it did not not even with all the exlcusives it had. Dont tell me you forgot the amount of fanboys claiming how the ps3 was going to kill xbox this year a year ago. This was not the year of the playstion by any means.

Next year wont either.