By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 Vs. Playstation 3 2012 - *February* Update

wow 360 taking over. Have not been around or on. What a come back.

Around the Network
VGKing said:
worldlyfall said:
DarkDesent666 said:
Etanclan4life said:

Everyone shutup about marketing Xbox would win this race had they one more week but they didnt. Ps3 wins in sales this year. (Unless xbox sold 600k more in 6 days). Ps3 was very weak the last 2 months and xbox was strong. Next year Xbox will outsell Ps3 by a mile.

I doubt that very much, Christmas is over the marketing and the 100 gift card deals are going to be completely dead next week and ps3 will be selling a ton more every week again and win again next year, and the year after and the year after until it is off the shelf.

Yet it will always be in 3rd place. Since the ps3 could not close the gap this year there is no way it will next year.  So much for year of the ps3.

It seems to have won this year. It is the year of the PS3.
Just watch for adjustments. If last year is anything to go by, the PS3 is undertracked.

Yep if last year is anything to go by the month of december will have the PS3 undertracked by almost a whopping 5k. That's game changing right there!

worldlyfall said:
VGKing said:
worldlyfall said:
DarkDesent666 said:
Etanclan4life said:

Everyone shutup about marketing Xbox would win this race had they one more week but they didnt. Ps3 wins in sales this year. (Unless xbox sold 600k more in 6 days). Ps3 was very weak the last 2 months and xbox was strong. Next year Xbox will outsell Ps3 by a mile.

I doubt that very much, Christmas is over the marketing and the 100 gift card deals are going to be completely dead next week and ps3 will be selling a ton more every week again and win again next year, and the year after and the year after until it is off the shelf.

Yet it will always be in 3rd place. Since the ps3 could not close the gap this year there is no way it will next year.  So much for year of the ps3.

Just watch for adjustments. If last year is anything to go by, the PS3 is undertracked.

Yes cause adjusments are going to put the 360 in 3rd? With all the exclsuives, all the hype, all the shit talk the ps3 was barley able to outsell the 360 this year. I rememeber this was really suppose to be the year the ps3 closed the gap but it did not not even with all the exlcusives it had. Dont tell me you forgot the amount of fanboys claiming how the ps3 was going to kill xbox this year a year ago. This was not the year of the playstion by any means.

Next year wont either.

So let me get this straight... PS3 is going to sell more than it did last year (and this is without any possible future adjustments in Jan/Feb), its going to be the #1 selling console this year (and one of those consoles just had its best year ever, as well), had many high quality exclusives on it, yet this wasn't a good year for the PS3?  Sounds like someone is a wee bit biased.

VGKing said:
Etanclan4life said:

PS3 wasn't weak, the Xbox 360 was strong. There's  a huge difference.

Next year the Kinect effect and the momentum from the redesign should wear off considerably so don't expect next year to be as amazing as this one for Microsoft.

XD it's like the 'Wii is a fad, it'll die next year' all over again.

You've seen what MS has done this holiday with little to no new compelling Kinect SW, and no price cut. 2 things that can be remedied next holiday. Don't go assuming they'll be worse off next holiday.

yo_john117 said:
VGKing said:
worldlyfall said:
DarkDesent666 said:
Etanclan4life said:

Yep if last year is anything to go by the month of december will have the PS3 undertracked by almost a whopping 5k. That's game changing right there!

It would have been by quite a bit more if Nintendo hadn't released those numbers that showed the Move was helping to boost the PS3 above 360.  By the time Dec rolled around, VGC had pretty much got its tracking on point for the PS3.  The 360, Wii, and DS were all overtracked.  I don't think Nintendo released any numbers this year.  Could be wrong.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
worldlyfall said:
VGKing said:
worldlyfall said:
DarkDesent666 said:
Etanclan4life said:

Yes cause adjusments are going to put the 360 in 3rd? With all the exclsuives, all the hype, all the shit talk the ps3 was barley able to outsell the 360 this year. I rememeber this was really suppose to be the year the ps3 closed the gap but it did not not even with all the exlcusives it had. Dont tell me you forgot the amount of fanboys claiming how the ps3 was going to kill xbox this year a year ago. This was not the year of the playstion by any means.

Next year wont either.

So let me get this straight... PS3 is going to sell more than it did last year (and this is without any possible future adjustments in Jan/Feb), its going to be the #1 selling console this year (and one of those consoles just had its best year ever, as well), had many high quality exclusives on it, yet this wasn't a good year for the PS3?  Sounds like someone is a wee bit biased.

The only way in my eyes you can truley say it was the year of the playstation if it took the lead from the 360. Since it did not do that when EVERYONE said it would (still rememeber how those obnoxious fanboy attacked everyone anyone who said it wouldnt) it was not the year of the playstation.

Still a great year for the console though.

Statistical tie for the year I guess. Very well played Seece and most of all, MS. Didn't see it coming but you put all those haters in their place.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Blood_Tears said:
XanderZane said:
PS3 will probably win, but the 1.5 million lead they built up in 2011 just about completely evaporated. At the end of the year their gain will only be about 200K for 2011. Considering the PS3 also has Japan, that's not too impressive at all. The Xbox 360 did it without a large amount of exclusives. Imagine if they had they same number of exclusives as the PS3 did. I think things would be completely different right now.

Didn't they try that in 2010?  With Splinter Cell, Alan Wake, Crackdown 2, Exclusive bundling and marketing of FF 13, along with CoD BO marketing/bundling. Halo Reach, Fable 3, Kinect Launch.......etc.... How did that work out in 2010?

Worked pretty good if I remember correctly. They still sold over 1 million units in this same week. The fact remains, the XBox 360 isn't going anywhere and with another price cut next year it's going to continue to sell great everywhere but Japan.

'gaming till I'm gone'

worldlyfall said:

Year of the ps3 refers to quality of games not amount of sales, I can see how you can miss that though given the 360s recent games. Not to mention the fact ps3 has sold more lol.

worldlyfall said:
The only way in my eyes you can truley say it was the year of the playstation if it took the lead from the 360. Since it did not do that when EVERYONE said it would (still rememeber how those obnoxious fanboy attacked everyone anyone who said it wouldnt) it was not the year of the playstation.

So yes to the biased. Also I should point out that if you align the launches ps3 would have more sold, or another way of saying it is ps3 has sold faster then 360.

worldlyfall said:
thismeintiel said:
worldlyfall said:
VGKing said:
worldlyfall said:
DarkDesent666 said:
Etanclan4life said:

Next year wont either.

See that's a pretty biased viewpoint.  Personally, even though the 360 didn't outsell the PS3, it still had its best year ever.  And its in its 6th year (something I hope the PS3 can match next year in its 6th).  So, i would call this the year of the PS3 AND 360.