By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 Vs. Playstation 3 2012 - *February* Update

pezus said:
Blood_Tears said:
pezus said:

PS3 will have a pretty big lead this week, thanks to One Piece in Japan. The week after 360 might sell equal to PS3 or slightly more thanks to ME3 bundles.

I didn't know there was a ME3 bundle, i've looked around online and can't find anything.

Woot, why did I think that? I really felt like I had read about a custom console or something recently

Well it's MS, so you think that would be a given. lol    But nah no bundles for ME3. The next custom ones from MS are the Star Wars Kinect one and the new Tomb raider has one coming when that game releases.

Around the Network

Even I wouldn't have shelled out for an ME console. Too late in the gen, money's tight and it's not exclusive anyway. I think the relationship between M$ and BioWare/EA is probably still a little strained.

I really wish this was tomorrow.

Recon1O1 said:
Even I wouldn't have shelled out for an ME console. Too late in the gen, money's tight and it's not exclusive anyway. I think the relationship between M$ and BioWare/EA is probably still a little strained.

I really wish this was tomorrow.

ME3 console would have been a great way to push hardware!

Maybe Seece. I'm not exactly average in my tastes or situation. I just think the possibility of them working together to promote it dropped considerably when EA bought BW then took ME multi-plat. It's all what ifs but I think it might have sold more on one box plus PC with M$'s money behind the marketing campaign. They would probably be doing a bundle if it was still exclusive. Or console exclusive to be precise.

Getting mine in 32 minutes. So much for just renting it which I remember saying after ME2.

postofficebuddy said:
Dodece said:
I find it worrisome how so many fall back into old habits. The era of price cuts tipping the balance is largely behind us as far as this generation is concerned. Lower price points have already been exploited to maximum effect. That is why the PS3 price cut wasn't dramatically effective, and that is why Microsoft isn't likely to bother following suit. It really isn't worth the lost profits for the miniscule bump.

We are in a new era, and it isn't so much about the price or the games for that matter. What is really going to matter in the run towards the finish is features and marketing. What is going to determine whether Microsoft can win is how well the new dashboard is received. You have to understand that streaming entertainment is exploding right now, and frankly it is the wave of the future. Before the end of the year in North America you might see as many as one hundred million streaming their entertainment during prime time.

The moral of the story is this. If Microsoft runs a massive campaign championing their dashboard with a dozen or so streaming providers. Plus being Kinect enabled which makes mortals feel like gods. You better believe the 360 will explode in sales. Microsoft insinuating itself as a premier streamer through their live service is like riding a very big wave. Really it is a question of grace if they pull it off flawlessly. Many of you could end this year scratching your heads trying to figure out just how Microsoft pulled two million units ahead of the PS3.

I would like to make a conservative prediction in saying that Microsoft will be finishing this year at least a million units ahead of Sony. Yes I said what you think I just said, and I am so terribly confident in my prediction. I am more then willing to entertain bets up to and including account deletion.

I still want to know what inspired this prediction. Not making fun of him or anything. I'm genuinely curious what made him think this was a possibility

I hope that people will forgive the lateness of my reply to this thread, and the blatant necro that I am committing. I was otherwise engaged for most of the time that this debate was going on. I spent the better part of a month devoting a huge chunk of my free time to playing Skyrim, and I do not doubt that was true for a lot of people that frequent these forums, and I fully intended to return to this debate at that time. However at about the time I expected to be rejoining this delightful debate. My younger brother was taken seriously ill. What his doctor had diagnosed as a heart ailment would be rediagnosed as advanced Leukemia early in the new year. To be blunt at about the time that the year end numbers rolled out he was using oxygen just to breath. So I hope you will forgive my not coming around when I had more pressing concerns.

Family trumps trolling. Which is what inspired my prediction. I was going to troll this thread with some rather obnoxious, and frankly ludicrous assumptions. In a effort to rile the community into a blood frenzy. I admit I was going to get my rocks off as some people would genuinely take the things I was going to say for me being genuinely serious. I wanted to recapture the essense of some of the more insane posters that used to frequent these forums years ago. To see how many people would get it, and how many people would bite. Anyway I intended it all as a kind of swan song. A month of troll bait followed by a stunt at which point I would delete my account, or have it deleted. I even had plans to unveil a xbox defense force with the help of some friends. Obviously things didn't work out very much to my liking. Which is a shame I would have had fun doing it, and frankly I think the community would have gotten a hoot out of the whole thing.

Anyway the only reason I am here right now is, because I got a friend request in my email. Which I hadn't expected not only, because I hadn't posted in what is it half a year, but I had expected that my account would have been banned. Which is kind of mind boggling. So I guess I will leave it up to the community if they want to keep my around. If you guys don't want me around tell a moderator to ban my account. If you are cool with what I was attempting to do then tell them to keep the lights on. Anyway never expected that I would get the chance to explain myself.

By the way my brother is doing better now. They had him in the hospital for the better part of a couple months for chemo, and he still needs further treatment, but if all goes well by late June he should get the all clear from his doctors. Even so he is a bit depressed, because the drugs they have him on cause him to hurt a lot, and his employer fired him, because he cannot work. He is still insured, but life is still being rather cruel to him.

Around the Network

Don't try to front dude, you know you believed everything you said!

Dude, you lost our bet! I didn't forget!

Don't you owe me like fifty dollars or something!?!?!?!

the PS3 will pull ahead and overtake the x360 in worldwide shipment by the end of this year, 2012. It will end the year ahead by at least 500k in total shipment.

Sony is cooking up something awesome for the PS3 and it will make it skyrocket in sales. just you people wait.

I can't tell you what it is, but when its announced, shit will fly..

It's been bonkers from MS all the time along....!!

360 sells crazy in Americas only, for 5 weeks in a whole year, in high season, IMO !   PS3 sold more in 2011, and PS3 will sell more in 2012 worldwide.