By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Battlefield 3 losing Preorders??

I will buy it when its cheap for the campaign.

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:

What was their logic for using an old build?

"The Open Beta is a true Beta

The Battlefield 3 Open Beta is based on software that is more than one month old. We need to test the new back end dedicated server structure we’ve built. Not only have we built a new game engine, but an entirely new back end system so that everyone can enjoy the benefits of dedicated servers on all platforms.

Just like normal procedure when releasing a game, the Open Beta has had long lead times due to testing, certification, and setting up. This means that the code you are now playing is actually quite early and not representative of the final game.

We had to do this in order to have as many people testing as possible, in order to ensure a top quality experience when the game is released. However, we’re confident in the Battlefield formula and confident that our fans will support us in order to make Battlefield 3 better."

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/10/03/battlefield-3-open-beta-update-2.aspx

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Not going to cancel my pre-order, sure the beta wasn't as good as i would have liked, but i'm getting this game mainly for the campaign, multiplayer i will play, but only for a while before going back to Gears/Halo.

It's because the beta sucks. Lots of Battlefield fans say MW3 will suck, but at least with MW3 you can expect a MW2 like gameplay experience. A lot of my friends already canceled the pre-order.

I'm sure the single player will be good, but as far as a multiplayer experience and sales DICE has a long, long, long way to go.

It's just that simple.

It will still sell over 10 million on consoles alone. And most importantly I will enjoy it for hundreds of hours.

Around the Network
zarx said:
Goddbless said:
Well thanks to this thread I'm not even gonna waste time playing it. I just deleted it actually...

you could have given it a try aftr you already DL it

I already deleted it so it's too late. Plus I am still trying to get through my backlog before the holiday rush starts. I have no time to waste on a buggy beta.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

I was going to preorder and then stopped after playing the beta. It wasn't that I was disappointed with the map or number of players, I just hated the game.

I'm very close to canceling my preorder.  Only thing that is stopping me is that I got in at $48 and the Karkand pack.  There are way too many bugs and poor design decisions in the PC version for a game less than three weeks away.  The game surely went gold around the time the beta released, so the PC version should be the same as what we're getting on disc.  They don't have the excuse of certification there.  They are releasing it on their own service.

If this was around the time the Alpha version was out, then it wouldn't be an issue.  Also if it still has so many issues it should have been a closed beta.  At this point it just seems unlikely that the problems will be fixed by release.  Maybe if they announce a demo before release I'll keep my preorder till then.

Actually, I almost forgot how they said they were banning people for joining unofficial servers.  Not just banning them from the beta or BF3 altogether, but completely nuking your origin account.  For joining a server found through battlelog...  Ridiculous that you could lose your account for essentially playing on a desert combat or project reality server.

dp

Alright EA, you can go back to making another Medal of Honor now. And when that fails, then you may try Battlefield 4 on Frostbite 3.0 or something..