By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Battlefield 3 losing Preorders??

COD fever is setting in. And most gamers only have the time for one big FPS this fall.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Im one of those 34K that removed my pre order i had paid it off in full but i put that money on MW3

Slimebeast said:
Well it's their loss. BF3 is the best wargame.

Battlefield 3 is not a wargame, it is a first-person shooter.  Yes, it is a modern FPS, but is a FPS.  What consists of a wargame is here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wargaming

One can argue that Paintball is closer to being a wargame than Battleifield 3.

richardhutnik said:
Slimebeast said:
Well it's their loss. BF3 is the best wargame.

Battlefield 3 is not a wargame, it is a first-person shooter.  Yes, it is a modern FPS, but is a FPS.  What consists of a wargame is here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wargaming

One can argue that Paintball is closer to being a wargame than Battleifield 3.

Oh, I am so sorry.

Well I know the beta kind of makes me want to drop my pre-order.

Around the Network

same for me, a beta should make people want to buy a game and ofcourse the most important thing be playable,

i bet they'll never put out a crappy beta again!

Lostplanet22 said:
same for me, a beta should make people want to buy a game and ofcourse the most important thing be playable,

Yeah it was a glitchy piece of crap for the most part. One time I spawned and my whole screen was so blurry that I could barely see anything and it stayed that way until I finally had enough and just went to the dashboard.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
i bet they'll never put out a crappy beta again!

Yup now they will just treat them as demos like everyone else. The console beta should never of happened same with the open beta for PC. I get the feeling that Dice are stuck in the old school mindset of treating betas as a stress test for servers and gameplay balance without worrying about polish. EA wanted to show off but the game just wasn't ready for public consumption.

The whole game has been screwed up to clash with COD, it's been over sold and rushed, hopefully Dice can scrape a solid game together in time for launch. Not that I will be buying it any time soon...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

one of them.